New head coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New head coach

According to FloWrestling - we get Hahn.

https://twitter.com/FloWrestling/sta...34321678630913

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      According to FloWrestling - we get Hahn.

https://twitter.com/FloWrestling/sta...34321678630913
      Great hire. Keeps the Minnesota pipeline open, and also helps open up East Coast recruiting

Comment

So happy it was announced today, I'm guessing presser tomorrow. Incredibly happy with this hire! Welcome to Brooking Coach Hahn!!! #getjacked!!!

Comment

This is great news, i think we hired us a coach who will only add to what coach Bono accomplished, and keep us moving forward.

Comment

One thing to note about future recruits... I have noticed on a Facebook picture that Nash Hutmacher (Chamberlain Heavyweight) is already wearing a Wisconsin wrestling shirt. Bringing in a coach that specializes in the higher weights certainly doesn't hurt SDSU's chances of landing what could be one of the best recruits in the nation. (Mentioning facebook, I have no inside knowledge, friend of a friend who was tagged in a picture so it somehow popped up on my feed and I noticed the shirt).

Comment

Awesome hire!

Comment

This probably guarantees that Lloyd and Peyton stay at SDSU. Lloyd's dad did say that he was staying with SDSU before this hire though
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I like it - keep the momentum rolling!

Comment

Let's keep the momentum going! NOW is the time to donate for the NEW practice facility!

Click the link
                    : https://www.sdstatefoundation.org/give-now

Type in "Wrestling" for step 2.

Check
                    where you would like your gift to go!

Comment

Originally posted by WrestlingFan89 View Post
                      The 2 big clubs in Minnesota are Pinnacle and Minnesota Elite. Pinnacle is run by Jared Lawrence and Brandon Paulson. Minnesota Elite is run by Chad Erickson. Hahn was a teammate of Lawrence and Erickson.
                      It will be interesting to see who Hahn brings in to complete his staff. If he wants to stay in the Minnesota - J Robinson coaching tree, there are a number of former National champ/All-American possibilities, including but not limited to the three listed above. I hope he seriously considers keeping Caldwell to provide a bridge from the Bono era, like Otz did with Klink.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberValley View Post
                        Let's keep the momentum going! NOW is the time to donate for the NEW practice facility!

Click the link
                        : https://www.sdstatefoundation.org/give-now

Type in "Wrestling" for step 2.

Check
                        where you would like your gift to go!

Also there is only 25 lower level season tickets remaining. Might as well sell all of them before Hahn officially begins on April 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Also there is only 25 lower level season tickets remaining. Might as well sell all of them before Hahn officially begins on April 16th.
                          How many lower level seats are there? Not really understanding how Frost is set up for wrestling now-a-days are there fewer lower level seats for wrestling than basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            How many lower level seats are there? Not really understanding how Frost is set up for wrestling now-a-days are there fewer lower level seats for wrestling than basketball?
                            Pretty much same setup as basketball. Lower reserved plus baseline seating for students plus Matside seating on 3 sides of the mat w/ a second row of matside seats nearest SDSU coaches.

Lower level w/ matside there is roughly 1000 seats.
                            I think we had more than 550 sold last year. Here is a tweet from Bono from last July: “SEASON TICKET UPDATE.... 588! Frost will be rocking this year! Hope u will be there! #getjacked”
                            Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 04-09-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Last year they told me they sold about 550 season tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                                Last year they told me they sold about 550 season tickets.
                                Any idea how many we sell for basketball?

Comment

Working...
                                X