New head coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New head coach

The attribution rule is in effect when discussing current athletes supposedly leaving the program.

Comment

Coaching possibilities- Christian Pyles tweeted interest from the Jacks in Howe, Morningstar, Nickerson, Clemen and Becker

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
        Heard a nasty rumor that all the wrestling signees may be going witb Bono
        That's exactly what it is now a "nasty rumor" with almost no merit to it. People want to assume this and speculate that...what I have heard is no one has decided anything. We as fans can speculate based off Bono's interview that we will probably lose a lightweight guy. I believe the recruits are waiting on whoever the new guy is and meet with him. Which is how it should be, I'm fairly confident Sell will get the right guy and most will stay.

Comment

Things have gone awfully quiet on this. Not much new out there on multiple higher traffic college wrestling forums or via the Twitters.

I hope the interest is still high and the Justin and crew are working their way through candidates. I’d think maybe an announcement yet sometime this coming week after the Easter holiday?
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            Things have gone awfully quiet on this. Not much new out there on multiple higher traffic college wrestling forums or via the Twitters.

I hope the interest is still high and the Justin and crew are working their way through candidates. I’d think maybe an announcement yet sometime this coming week after the Easter holiday?
            I hope so too. My gut tells me that this is when things are happening. I can only think we are going to get some really good candidates. Honestly this is the most prestigious program we have at SDSU, our first National Champ since D1, and having a chance to build on what Bono built, a brand new facility, top recruits, etc. I am impatient as I want the new coach yesterday, but I have to trust the process and Sell

Comment

Agreed, impatience is a fan favorite during times like these. Just a reminder that it has barely been over a week since Bono to WI became official. Throw in a holiday and it makes it tough. I am hopeful that something is finalized by this friday.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                I hope so too. My gut tells me that this is when things are happening. I can only think we are going to get some really good candidates. Honestly this is the most prestigious program we have at SDSU, our first National Champ since D1, and having a chance to build on what Bono built, a brand new facility, top recruits, etc. I am impatient as I want the new coach yesterday, but I have to trust the process and Sell
                I am guessing Sell is at the Final 4 since he is a member of the committee that is deciding on the new upcoming transfer rules. Things should heat up in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I am guessing Sell is at the Final 4 since he is a member of the committee that is deciding on the new upcoming transfer rules. Things should heat up in the near future.
                  It would not be usual to interview wrestling candidates at a basketball tourney. Plus there are coaching meetings going on so I suspect there several people whispering in Justin's ear. "Take him you can't go wrong."

Comment

Damion Hahn interviewing tomorrow. Cornell associate head coach for past 5 years, 2x National Champ at Minnesota, 4x AA. Would be a great get for SDSU
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      Damion Hahn interviewing tomorrow. Cornell associate head coach for past 5 years, 2x National Champ at Minnesota, 4x AA. Would be a great get for SDSU
                      Hahn's bio from Cornell: http://cornellbigred.com/coaches.asp...157&path=wrest

If you have twenty minutes, watch the video on the link above. He's impressive and comes from a great wrestling program. MN Connections, East coast connections, etc. In my opinion, he's option 1 if we can land him.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

If you have twenty minutes, watch the video on the link above. He's impressive and comes from a great wrestling program. MN Connections, East coast connections, etc. In my opinion, he's option 1 if we can land him.
                        Yes, watch this video...Hahn is very impressive.

Morningstar and Clemsen also coming in for interviews. All 3 have impressive resumes and I think will lead a program well. That said, I concur with jackrabbit1979, Hahn is option 1 in my opinion as well.

Comment

Outstanding interview!

Comment

Hahn has been their guy since Day 1 I'm pretty sure so yes, he would be Option 1
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

He kind of reminds me of Bono after watching that interview video.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                He kind of reminds me of Bono after watching that interview video.
                                Yes there are similar qualities...one time on a chat I compared Bono to Stig and Zimmer thought it was a little crazy, but could see the similarities. To me, Hahn would be that bridge between Bono and Stig. I believe whomever Sell gets to come in will do well...Hahn is definitely at the top of my list.

Comment

Working...
                                X