Bono to Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bono to Wisconsin

The only question to remain is, how well can he recruit. Getting top talent is going to be something to follow as he builds his program. I don't know much about wrestling but there should be plenty of talent in the 5 state region, just hope he can get the best to come here instead of other programs.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Bono going to make $250,000.
      http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...782940d1e.html

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Good for Chris and his family, that's a great raise and he gets a month off too...I'm sure that's when he'll run his Bonofide camps

Comment

Connor Brown has taken a personal leave of absence from Wisconsin wrestling team. Appears he hasn’t wrestled for last month (last dual was against Penn St Jan 13).
          4:20 mark of press conference. https://twitter.com/badgerwrestling/...914201089?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Connor Brown has taken a personal leave of absence from Wisconsin wrestling team. Appears he hasn’t wrestled for last month (last dual was against Penn St Jan 13).
            4:20 mark of press conference. https://twitter.com/badgerwrestling/...914201089?s=21
            No longer on Wisconsin's roster

https://uwbadgers.com/roster.aspx?path=wrestling
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
              No longer on Wisconsin's roster

https://uwbadgers.com/roster.aspx?path=wrestling
              Interesting. Wonder why a guy who was ranked and a returning NCAA Qualifier leaves the team? Bono did recruit 2 guys right behind him. Bono has #1 ranked kid at 132 and the #4 ranked kid at 126. I don't know if that is the reason why he left but he got him to transfer and then brought in 2 guys that could take his job. That is college athletics in a nutshell.
              It could be anything. Sucks to see him out of school. NOw he would have to sit an entire year if he wants to wrestle again. Now that could be sitting 2nd semester and sitting first semester this fall. He might be able to wrestle 2nd semester next year, but I am fuzzy on NCAA. I would welcome him back anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                Interesting. Wonder why a guy who was ranked and a returning NCAA Qualifier leaves the team? Bono did recruit 2 guys right behind him. Bono has #1 ranked kid at 132 and the #4 ranked kid at 126. I don't know if that is the reason why he left but he got him to transfer and then brought in 2 guys that could take his job. That is college athletics in a nutshell.
                It could be anything. Sucks to see him out of school. NOw he would have to sit an entire year if he wants to wrestle again. Now that could be sitting 2nd semester and sitting first semester this fall. He might be able to wrestle 2nd semester next year, but I am fuzzy on NCAA. I would welcome him back anytime.
                I don't think the team would want him back. After he left, former wrestlers were not losing sleep over it as the words 'cancer' and 'don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out' were uttered.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  I don't think the team would want him back. After he left, former wrestlers were not losing sleep over it as the words 'cancer' and 'don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out' were uttered.
                  Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                    Bono has had huge turnover this year and Wisconsin fans aren't really happen with him right now
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      Bono has had huge turnover this year and Wisconsin fans aren't really happen with him right now
                      To be fair, his "huge turnover" was, in large part, running guys out of the room that weren't going to do the work he demanded. As for the idea that "Wisconsin fans aren't happy," I also think that's probably not reality. Their attendance is way up for their home duals and the fans over there I know are genuinely excited for the future. I'm not some Bono apologist but the reality is that, if he can keep himself out of trouble, he is going to continue to build that program and the fans are going to continue to be happy about it. I realize that's a big "IF"

Comment

Working...
                      X