Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-19 lineup

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Over on Bisonville they are saying Eastern Michigan has a HWT recruit that is highly ranked that SDSU may look at.

Also something we will have to deal with, with the success Bono is having, Wisconsin has a Head Coach opening (head coach retired) and Bono may be a target.
    https://www.flowrestling.org/article...-wisconsin-job
    Yes, Austin Emerson. Not a top 100 recruit but was ranked #12 nationally this year in high school at HWT. No idea if he is a typical fat HS HWT or not though
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      I thought he was a wrestling guy. But someone told me he's going to do football at the next level. I heard from that same source that he's dangerously close too being to huge to wrestle (and we know he's a beast in the weight room) perhaps someone else here could weigh-in(lol) cus I got the impression that he was a wrestling first kind of kid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
      Nash was at 295 in the football season, so he had to cut 10 pounds to be able to make weight at 285. He's only a sophomore, he going to keep growing so him being too big to wrestle is a strong possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        Nash was at 295 in the football season, so he had to cut 10 pounds to be able to make weight at 285. He's only a sophomore, he going to keep growing so him being too big to wrestle is a strong possibility.
        Yeah, the kicker here is he is adding muscle mass to his frame and will more than likely get to 6'5/6'6. Not out of the question that he would enter college at 315 and solid. He is slated to wrestle at the USA Folkstyle Nationals next week at the UNI-dome. While he has passion for wrestling I can see the benefits of football outweighing wrestling. Shame he couldn't do both.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          Bono to WI is a possibility as would be any MI rumors that might get floated out there. I don't think Bono goes anywhere for now. He is on the verge of being a top 10 national program and the facility upgrades are right around the corner, along with the JWC. He and the other coaches realize how great the culture they've cultivated is...but again, money talks. I'm guessing Chris is poised to have another nice pay bump as well.

I'm sure they've already evaluated any recruit and athlete potential from the EMU travesty. They won out (or so they thought) last year with the Boise St debacle with Vough. It didn't pan out like anyone had hoped though.
          I live in Wisconsin, word on the street is that Bono is the next head coach at Wisconsin. Reader is unknown. Announcement likely coming later today as the job posting closed at 11:55AM. Not sure what that means for recruits/commits, etc.

Comment

Yeah, the kicker here is he is adding muscle mass to his frame and will more than likely get to 6'5/6'6. Not out of the question that he would enter college at 315 and solid. He is slated to wrestle at the USA Folkstyle Nationals next week at the UNI-dome. While he has passion for wrestling I can see the benefits of football outweighing wrestling. Shame he couldn't do both.
            He is going to get some really good offers in football I imagine. With his combination of size, strength and agility, it will be interesting where he ends up. I imagine if his goal is to play professionally, the payday for football would be considerably higher.

Comment

This really sucks if true!

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
              I live in Wisconsin, word on the street is that Bono is the next head coach at Wisconsin. Reader is unknown. Announcement likely coming later today as the job posting closed at 11:55AM. Not sure what that means for recruits/commits, etc.

Comment

I REALLY hope you are wrong but...I feel it is inevitable eventually. If he is gone then he has done something incredible in his stint here.

Comment

I REALLY hope you are wrong but...I feel it is inevitable eventually. If he is gone then he has done something incredible in his stint here.
                  I hope I am wrong too. to Clarify, if this is not announced today, likely soon. The only wild card is Ben Askren, who is also a candidate for the Wisconsin job. Being a Wisconsin native, he has a lot of push from supporters for him to be head coach. To me the bigger issue is if we can keep Reader.

Comment

I hope I am wrong too. to Clarify, if this is not announced today, likely soon. The only wild card is Ben Askren, who is also a candidate for the Wisconsin job. Being a Wisconsin native, he has a lot of push from supporters for him to be head coach. To me the bigger issue is if we can keep Reader.
                    Truth there...ironically, I received my pledge for pins email just this afternoon. Money well spent!

Comment

It is down to Bono, Hahn and Askren according to Askren on his podcast
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        It is down to Bono, Hahn and Askren according to Askren on his podcast
                        If we lose both guys I say we go after Askren, he would be another compelling coach that would command recruits.

Comment

If we lose both guys I say we go after Askren, he would be another compelling coach that would command recruits.
                          I would hope we would offer Reader if he would be an option. Seems a great fit and might be able to continue what he has already been a part of. At least I think he would be a strong candidate. Hope Sell just offered Bono a nice raise on a new 3 year contract.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            I would hope we would offer Reader if he would be an option. Seems a great fit and might be able to continue what he has already been a part of. At least I think he would be a strong candidate. Hope Sell just offered Bono a nice raise on a new 3 year contract.
                            I would love to have Reader first and foremost. However I have heard he is very loyal to Bono. The one thing we have in our favor is that Barry Alvarez is very cheap when it comes to assistant coaches at Wisconsin. Bono is going to get paid, but Reader might not. I would hope he would want to stay, but hard to hold them back.

Comment

I would love to have Reader first and foremost. However I have heard he is very loyal to Bono. The one thing we have in our favor is that Barry Alvarez is very cheap when it comes to assistant coaches at Wisconsin. Bono is going to get paid, but Reader might not. I would hope he would want to stay, but hard to hold them back.
                              I would think though if he got the offer to be a head coach he would get a nice raise over his pay he is getting now. That might be enough to keep him. I worry that Bono got his national championship so he might feel its a time he can move on. Hopefully he is ready to see what he can do with a returning national champ and a pretty good recruiting class from what it sounds like.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I would think though if he got the offer to be a head coach he would get a nice raise over his pay he is getting now. That might be enough to keep him. I worry that Bono got his national championship so he might feel its a time he can move on. Hopefully he is ready to see what he can do with a returning national champ and a pretty good recruiting class from what it sounds like.
                                Bono is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X