• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-19 lineup

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
    Bono is gone.
    ITs official?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If true, thanks Chris for all that you've done to bring the program into the national spotlight.

Comment

If it means anything he hasn’t changed his twitter yet. Wonder when the official announcement would be, tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          If it means anything he hasn’t changed his twitter yet. Wonder when the official announcement would be, tomorrow?

There’s absolutely nothing on Twitter yet.

Comment

The only twitter thing I saw was one of our fans calling Bono out, saying he screwed us and calling him a “Benedict Arnold”. Not cool, regardless of what goes down Bono doesn’t deserve that.

I’d say though there are probably enough rumors floating to say it’s happening. Key point now is whether or not we can retain Reader.

Comment

Good man, great coach, best of luck to him whatever he decides.

Comment

He's an IA state guy. He also did not go coach at NDSU. So no. NOT Benedict Arnold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Well.....clearly the fan calling him "Benedict Arnold" is:

1. Pretty old. Nobody uses that term anymore
                  2. An idiot and doesn't realize Bono single handedly saved this program.
                  3. Is forgetting that we upgraded after Nagy left. This is an attractive job now. High attendance, coming off a top 12 performance and still has a D1 national champ on the roster.

Good luck to Coach! He has led like you are supposed to lead and you know that's going to draw offers, he's been inspirational to the wrestling community!
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

If wrestling matters at Wisconsin they’d be crazy NOT to do whatever it takes to get Bono.

Though it has seemed inevitable, the thought of losing Bono is a punch in the gut. We have some really good coaches in the revenue sports at SDSU-definitely well above average. Bono, however, seems like he is on the next level. Elite. He’s going to leave a mark on the sport before he’s done. We’ve been fortunate to have him..

Comment

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...h-at-wisconsin

He gone

Comment

This is life as a mid-major!

Sad to see him go! Super proud of what he did for SDSU Wrestling and the entire Athletkc Department. Wish him the best.

He left SDSU Wrestling in an infinitely better place than when he got here. Who knows all the reasons for leaving? Doesn’t really matter.

We will attract a really good list of candidates and will continue the march. The entire college wrestling world is aware of what is happening here. Plenty will want to be a part of that.

Even on a day like this it is a great day to be a Jackrabbit.

See you down the road Coach Bono!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          This is life as a mid-major!

Sad to see him go! Super proud of what he did for SDSU Wrestling and the entire Athletkc Department. Wish him the best.

He left SDSU Wrestling in an infinitely better place than when he got here. Who knows all the reasons for leaving? Doesn’t really matter.

We will attract a really good list of candidates and will continue the march. The entire college wrestling world is aware of what is happening here. Plenty will want to be a part of that.

Even on a day like this it is a great day to be a Jackrabbit.

See you down the road Coach Bono!

SUPERBUNNY
                          So, I felt they were selling Season tix early for Wrestling this year (presumably to capitalize on what they had acomplished at the national tournament).

Now part of me wonders if they knew Coach Bono was on his way out. I feel I still got a great value in my tickets so it doesn't matter. but I'm curious.

Comment

Be nice if they updated the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Be nice if they updated the roster.
                              Be nice if they sent out our Tix

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Still no roster update.