Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Ball 2018

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
    Well you need to watch the highlight again because he only threw one pick. In the highlight Bullock and Roberts each threw a pick.
    I did watch two picks one was at the very end of the clip and he was sacked more than once and no running skills? So much for your Mitchell boy. Looks like he will be riding the pine again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I did watch two picks one was at the very end of the clip and he was sacked more than once and no running skills? So much for your Mitchell boy. Looks like he will be riding the pine again this year.
      Why must you turn EVERY single thread into a **** show? God it gets old.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        No comment! Check your pm.

Comment

Because some guys make judgements off of 4 min clips when they don’t have a clue.
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
            Because some guys make judgements off of 4 min clips when they don’t have a clue.
            I may not have clue but I know now why Nelson was fourth in the depth chart last year.

Comment

I watched the spring game on TV. Based on what I've seen and read, the Jacks definitely will be faster at receiver this year. The team is deep at both receiver and running back, and the o-line appears to be developing nicely. Most of the big questions about the team, at this point, probably are on the defensive side of the ball, particularly the d-line. If a nice surprise or two develops there, fans will have a lot to cheer for this year.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Haha, well, I actually hope he's right about Nelson "riding the pine" because that will suggest Christion doesn't get injured or benched due to poor performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                  My assumption after watching the backup QBs yesterday is that J'bore Gibbs will be the #2 QB coming out of fall camp. None of the others were that bad, but they didn't look that great either. Gibbs looks to be a phenomenal athlete, and if he can grasp the playbook early on in camp, I think he'll be the next man up.

Unrelated to the QBs, it is definitely apparent we have a lot of speed at WR. But it was a parent just how much different our size on the edge appears when 86 and 19 aren't out there. If we could develop a good, tall WR that can perimeter block, I'd feel a little better about replacing our losses. We lost some big dudes, not even mentioning their talent. I didn't see anyone yesterday who looked like they'd be reliable in a jump ball scenario or fade route.

With the speed we have on the edge, and all the other returning talent on O, I wonder if we see a little more spread option looks this year to get the fast slots involved in the run game?

Thought the D looked pretty solid, and that a big part of the lopsided score was due to the second team (blue) D stepping up against the second team O. I think we're pretty deep on that side of the ball, and our d line appeared about as big/strong/quick as I've seen it in a while. I was pleasantly surprised.
                  Glad to hear it about the DL. Thoughts on Devlin's ability to "climb the ladder"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                    My assumption after watching the backup QBs yesterday is that J'bore Gibbs will be the #2 QB coming out of fall camp. None of the others were that bad, but they didn't look that great either. Gibbs looks to be a phenomenal athlete, and if he can grasp the playbook early on in camp, I think he'll be the next man up.

Unrelated to the QBs, it is definitely apparent we have a lot of speed at WR. But it was a parent just how much different our size on the edge appears when 86 and 19 aren't out there. If we could develop a good, tall WR that can perimeter block, I'd feel a little better about replacing our losses. We lost some big dudes, not even mentioning their talent. I didn't see anyone yesterday who looked like they'd be reliable in a jump ball scenario or fade route.

With the speed we have on the edge, and all the other returning talent on O, I wonder if we see a little more spread option looks this year to get the fast slots involved in the run game?

Thought the D looked pretty solid, and that a big part of the lopsided score was due to the second team (blue) D stepping up against the second team O. I think we're pretty deep on that side of the ball, and our d line appeared about as big/strong/quick as I've seen it in a while. I was pleasantly surprised.
                    I think the only way Gibbs doesn't redshirt is if Taryn goes down for an extended period of time. I don't think you burn it for mop-up duty or if Christion gets dinged and has to come out for a few plays.

Comment

• Re: Spring Ball 2018

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      I think the only way Gibbs doesn't redshirt is if Taryn goes down for an extended period of time. I don't think you burn it for mop-up duty or if Christion gets dinged and has to come out for a few plays.
                      It wouldn’t surprise me to have him be the 3rd string traveling QB and only burn his redshirt if TC gets hurt for an extended period of time. Similar to what to what TC did when he was a freshman. If it’s only a couple of plays per game they will use someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                        It wouldn’t surprise me to have him be the 3rd string traveling QB and only burn his redshirt if TC gets hurt for an extended period of time. Similar to what to what TC did when he was a freshman. If it’s only a couple of plays per game they will use someone else.
                        Anybody remember the NC game and what Alabama did? If he is our #2 guy then treat him like the number 2 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                          Anybody remember the NC game and what Alabama did? If he is our #2 guy then treat him like the number 2 guy.
                          Fairly sure the Bammer q.b. didn’t get used at all the whole year till that game. It’s stupid as hell to burn a redshirt for 5-10 minutes of mop up duty throughout the year.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            Fairly sure the Bammer q.b. didn’t get used at all the whole year till that game. It’s stupid as hell to burn a redshirt for 5-10 minutes of mop up duty throughout the year.....

Fairly sure he did see mop up duty during the year AND was ready to go when they needed him. If they can do it why can't we? IMO if we can't recruit a replacement in 4 years we have bigger issues. Just sayin.

Comment

• Spring Ball 2018

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                              Fairly sure he did see mop up duty during the year AND was ready to go when they needed him. If they can do it why can't we? IMO if we can't recruit a replacement in 4 years we have bigger issues. Just sayin.
                              The kid will be light years better when he’s 22/23 than when he’s 18 that’s why. 5th year in the program as a college qb vs 1st year out of high school are not comparable. If we need him for something like the national championship or meaningful time then absolutely. If we waste a year of eligibility on 20-30 minutes of playing time it’s simply moronic. We aren’t Alabama who has the elite of the elite lined up begging to play for us. We’ve seen how valuable a talented qb can be, and if he’s good enough to be our number 2 then he’s certainly a talent we can’t afford to waste a year of in mop up duty. Saying if Alabama can do it why can’t we about pretty much anything as your reasoning is......something else.

Comment

Nevermind the fact that we’re arguing about a guy who hasn’t set foot on a college practice field, much less proven to be better than what we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X