Spring Ball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spring Ball 2018

How many players are back for summer workouts? It’s time to have all players committed to being back for the full summer of workouts instead of half. Other MVF teams require this from players even though it is costly to the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
      How many players are back for summer workouts? It’s time to have all players committed to being back for the full summer of workouts instead of half. Other MVF teams require this from players even though it is costly to the program.
      I don’t know for sure, but there exists an expectation to stay in the summers. Every summer I stayed and there was at least 90% of the team there. Almost a certainty the 2 deep across the roster will be around.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        You’ll see more of these announcements in the next couple of weeks. Remember, they had to cut to get to 105. Paddy is a fun kid but struggled to put it all together. Certainly we’ll liked by his teammates but just didn’t develop.

I’m not worried about WR production. Anderson, Brown, Wilde, and Orr will be just fine on the outside. Lewis, Johnson, and Campbell will draw plenty of attention from the slot.
        Its unfortunate that Paddy did not develop, but as many coaches say, recruiting is a crap shoot. I certainly wish Paddy the best at SMSU. They have more accounting courses than SDSU does so if that's his path into the future, the transfer makes sense. After all he was here at SDSU to get an education. He will no doubt get more playing time at SMSU. Might even get more scholarship money if he proves to be an asset to SMSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
          I don’t know for sure, but there exists an expectation to stay in the summers. Every summer I stayed and there was at least 90% of the team there. Almost a certainty the 2 deep across the roster will be around.
          I thought that most of the team has been around for a few years but didn't know for sure. When I saw half, I thought that I was way off. I would think college ball would be worse since you are on scholarship but at some high schools hold it against you if you miss some stuff like team camps, holiday practices, etc.. They won't tell you that but the PT seems to reflect that.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
            I thought that most of the team has been around for a few years but didn't know for sure. When I saw half, I thought that I was way off. I would think college ball would be worse since you are on scholarship but at some high schools hold it against you if you miss some stuff like team camps, holiday practices, etc.. They won't tell you that but the PT seems to reflect that.
            PT reflects that because the kids who show up to those things usually end up knowing the playbook better and just being better, it’s not “held against” anybody in high school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              PT reflects that because the kids who show up to those things usually end up knowing the playbook better and just being better, it’s not “held against” anybody in high school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              That there made me chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                Agree completely.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                X