Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Ball 2018

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Pierre Strong is going to be tough to keep off the field too. Unfortunately there are only so many carries to go around. Wallace was so effective the last half of the season and Mikey is such a hard runner. Wilson has been better than anyone thought so its really a four horse race. Unfortunately Mulholland and Roths look like the odd men out. However, as NDSU experienced last year, you can never have too many good running backs. As others have mentioned the speed receivers will be getting their carries too on jet sweeps and shovel pass type of plays.
    Yep, I'm a firm believer that you can never have enough o/d-lineman and running backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      I'm thinking we'll all be good with the jet sweep option the first time Campbell, Cade, Lewis or Hill take it to the house....there's a lot of speed on that field next year. Corner fades may not be as plentiful but I'd think Orr, Cavanaugh, Wandmaker and Devlin might catch a few.
      When was the last time you saw a jet sweep go for a touchdown?

Comment

can anyone give an update how our RB's are looking this spring? Daniel and Wallace I assume are pickup up most of the reps, however is there anyone who is making a case for more reps?

Comment

One thing I'd like to see less of from now on: Running anything that resembles the option inside our own 10. That damn play call has been responsible for three safeties in the last three seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
            can anyone give an update how our RB's are looking this spring? Daniel and Wallace I assume are pickup up most of the reps, however is there anyone who is making a case for more reps?
            Yes. Pierre Strong and CJ Wilson are making plays. Wallace and Daniel are solid. See post #60 and the post that is quoted in there. Also, I think gojacks already did their video preview of the position group.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Didn't Goedert score on one against Suothern Illinois this year? Might have gone down as a pass reception because from the shotgun it gets pitched forward to the the motion man but the same thing as a jet sweep

Comment

Spring Ball 2018

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Didn’t Wieneke have a jet sweep for a TD against New Hampshire. My memory escapes me sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  Didn’t Wieneke have a jet sweep for a TD against New Hampshire. My memory escapes me sometimes.

I watched a replay. More of an end around.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/985196461934587904

Comment

Is it just me or are is there far less coverage this spring from the local media compared to last year?

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        Is it just me or are is there far less coverage this spring from the local media compared to last year?

The absence of Goedert and Wieneke likely has something to do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                          The absence of Goedert and Wieneke likely has something to do with that.
                          And also... the weather?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            And also... the weather?

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Matt Zimmer had a good article on things to watch for in tonight's spring game. I thought it'd be a good idea for us to discus the same.

Admittedly, it's difficult to gather a whole lot of info as a fan at the spring game. It's just a different kind of scrimmage.

But with that said, here's mine:

1) Who will become our best match up problem on the D Line? Will anyone stand out tonight?
                              2) How will our passing scheme change with our departures? Will we notice more screens, play action, etc. tonight? They won't open the playbook up completely in a spring game, but I bet we do some different stuff.
                              3) Will we have any sort of Jump Ball deep threat? We have a good amount of talent returning at WR, but it seems like most of them are on the smaller end. Do any of our taller, younger receivers develop into good mismatches with corners on the edge?

Comment

Also, I would add how does the offensive line do without an all American center

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X