Summit League BBall Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League BBall Transfers

Mooney has been granted his release from USD.

"I have been give my release from South Dakota. I am not for sure leaving USD, but I will be exploring my options as a grad transfer."

https://twitter.com/MoonSwag13/statu...42084851716096
    Last edited by Jackedforlife; 04-05-2018, 11:25 AM. Reason: added twitter text

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      Mooney has been granted his release from USD.

"I have been give my release from South Dakota. I am not for sure leaving USD, but I will be exploring my options as a grad transfer."

https://twitter.com/MoonSwag13/statu...42084851716096
      In other words...He Gone!
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        In other words...He Gone!
        Yeah, I can't imagine him staying at USD now. I suspect he will go to Utah State. Or SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Yeah, I can't imagine him staying at USD now. I suspect he will go to Colorado State. Or SDSU.
          SDSU?? That's an interesting twist. You dont mean San Diego State University?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            SDSU?? That's an interesting twist.
            Wouldn't that be a square kick right in the nuts to yote fans? Can't beat'em join'em ala Kevin Durant.

I'd sure like confirmation that Daum is staying.

Comment

Wouldn't that be a square kick right in the nuts to yote fans? Can't beat'em join'em ala Kevin Durant.

I'd sure like confirmation that Daum is staying.
              Oh I think our guys would accept him with open arms. I tend to believe Smith build his offense around Mooney and it did not work in the tourney final. I think Mooney is good guy, but may not fit Mr. Lee's offense or defense.

Comment

I would like to see the posters on here that were hating on Mooney attempt to backtrack all of their comments if he came here. I think there's about as much chance that Mooney comes here as Daum is a lottery pick this year, but it would be fun to watch.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I would like to see the posters on here that were hating on Mooney attempt to backtrack all of their comments if he came here. I think there's about as much chance that Mooney comes here as Daum is a lottery pick this year, but it would be fun to watch.
                  Justin Sell is on that NCAA committee considering policy/rule changes. Maybe he could introduce one to allow teams to play with two basketballs on the floor at one time. Which is what you would need with Daum, Jenkins,Jr and Mooney on the floor together.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Justin Sell is on that NCAA committee considering policy/rule changes. Maybe he could introduce one to allow teams to play with two basketballs on the floor at one time. Which is what you would need with Daum, Jenkins,Jr and Mooney on the floor together.
                    At least. As good as he is, Mooney would have to fall into just the right situation for things to work out well over a full season. He obviously likes to handle the shooting....

Comment

Someone needs to tell Mooney that if he leaves USD he will pass up on the $100,000 the Summit league 3 on 3 team would have gotten next year in that tournament.

Ya, this sucks, but kind of knew this was coming. From what I hear USD is not really in play. I'm hearing a lot of talk of Notre Dame. Not sure if the interest is mutual or if that's just his dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        At least. As good as he is, Mooney would have to fall into just the right situation for things to work out well over a full season. He obviously likes to handle the shooting....
                        Yeah I'm not sure he'd be a good fit at State. He'd have to be willing to really reduce his shot attempts.

That being said I think his high volume of shots the last couple years was somewhat out of necessity. USD didn't have a ton of other quality options on offense. For the most part he was surrounded by role players.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Now there is a workable solution.

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
                            Someone needs to tell Mooney that if he leaves USD he will pass up on the $100,000 the Summit league 3 on 3 team would have gotten next year in that tournament.

Ya, this sucks, but kind of knew this was coming. From what I hear USD is not really in play. I'm hearing a lot of talk of Notre Dame. Not sure if the interest is mutual or if that's just his dream.
                            Overall it's bad for the Summit no doubt. He will be tough to replace. As far as him returning to USD, I would be shocked. He's burning bridges by doing this. I wonder if he stays if Craig Smith doesn't leave....

Had anyone heard anything about Daum? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to get in trouble for not naming a source.

Comment

He went Notre Dame high school. I suspect he has applied, but a place like No. I’ll might be more realistic.

Comment

Minus Mooney USD will still be good. I also expect your new coach will bring in a couple grad transfers, junior college or overseas players. He has some serious connections in Australia. Expect some changes at USD, but the core is still there for them to be very good next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X