Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League BBall Transfers

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    So who's going to be their go-to player next year ? Peterson, Hagedorn and Birch-Manning were good complimentary players when Mooney was drawing the attention of the defense, but I'm not sure any of the those three are going to make defenses do anything more than play them straight up.
    I really thought Simpson was a good player.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Mooney announces he will not be returning to USD
      Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        I really thought Simpson was a good player.
        He was what, 1-7 in the championship game ? And like the other three I mentioned earlier, a lot of their open looks were a result of doubling Mooney, and there doesn't seem to be anyone left who will command a double team.

Comment

So who's going to be their go-to player next year ? Peterson, Hagedorn and Birch-Manning were good complimentary players when Mooney was drawing the attention of the defense, but I'm not sure any of the those three are going to make defenses do anything more than play them straight up.
          I agree this will be a big blow. Nobody else presently on that team is gonna strike fear in your eyes.

Comment

He was what, 1-7 in the championship game ? And like the other three I mentioned earlier, a lot of their open looks were a result of doubling Mooney, and there doesn't seem to be anyone left who will command a double team.
            He was really good in the game down in Vermillion and I think he has a ton of potential. Very athletic. Isn’t he just a freshman?
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Lets just cancel the games. You have it all wrapped up. 😄

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                Lets just cancel the games. You have it all wrapped up. ��
                Like Grizzled Rabbit said “it’s not sport unless it involves a ball” Surely Mr. Lee can find one and SDSU shows up, game on. May the best win. Barring no more departures and a new coach, I beg Yote forever to allow us enjoy next years game.”

Comment

Lets just cancel the games. You have it all wrapped up. 
                  Rumor has it that Augie might be in for some games. (Heavy on the rumor word.)
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I don't know if Augie should or should not be in the Summit, but living in the Twin Cities I can tell you regardless of where they are located the idea of Concordia St. Paul moving up is about the dumbest idea I have heard yet. They are as irrelevant as they come in this market. I guess like UMKC they are in a big market! Why don't we play Augie and Northern every year in Brookings or the Pentagon as a warmup to conference play. More of a challenge than DWU or Dakota State.
                    Last edited by JACKGUYII; 04-15-2018, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Lets just cancel the games. You have it all wrapped up. 
                      "Sometime the more things change, the more they stay the same "

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        And USD will be a non-factor in the conference race.
                        They will be better than you expect. They always are...especially against us. A win down there won't be easy in 2018-19 regardless of who is on their team.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          They will be better than you expect. They always are...especially against us. A win down there won't be easy in 2018-19 regardless of who is on their team.
                          This is 100% true. (and I think Simpson is a good player, and so is Peterson)

However, this is obviously a blow to the coyotes. Which certainly helps the Jackrabbits chances.

Comment

Griesel asks for release from South Dakota commitment.

http://journalstar.com/sports/high-s...medium=twitter

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Griesel asks for release from South Dakota commitment.

http://journalstar.com/sports/high-s...medium=twitter
                              I thought he was pretty solid. This one may hurt a little bit if he moves on....wouldn't mind SDSU re-offering.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                He was really good in the game down in Vermillion and I think he has a ton of potential. Very athletic. Isn’t he just a freshman?
                                I think Simpson is a junior so that makes a difference but I think his 1-7 game was just an off night. You could say the Jenkins Jr. was 1-10 in the first round game of the Summit League Tournament. Do you think he a bad player? How about his 4-17 in the NCAA tourney. Of course, he is a freshman so he probably gets a little more leeway. I know Jenkins Jr. is a bigger threat offensively but this is just an example.

Mooney was USD's best player so that will be a blow to them but the Summit League was really down on both the men's and women's side this year. USD's women didn't lose a conference game this year but what did they have 3 (?) tough games? SDSU's men did lose down in Vermillion but they could have just as well won that and not lost a game in conference either. I think USD's men might drop down the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference but I don't know about much lower than that unless some teams improve quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X