Summit League BBall Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League BBall Transfers

Logan Strom is moving back to Nebraska to play for Omaha. Jackrabbits recruited him hard a couple of years ago. He turned down many football offers coming out of Norfolk, NE. Led his team to the Class A state championship his senior year. He will have to sit out one year.

The Omaha World Herald story also confirms that Barney will be eligible to play this season. I still don't understand how he can be eligible this season.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
      I'm confused. Barney redshirted his freshman year at WSU and then saw limited action last year. He will be a redshirt sophomore in eligibility, yet he can transfer in and be eligible immediately? Did he graduate in two years?
      Found the answer from the official source. According to NCAA rules:

If you are transferring to a Division I school for any of the previously-listed sports, you may be eligible to compete immediately if you were not recruited by your original school and you have never received an athletics scholarship.

Barney walked on at WSU and never received a scholly.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        Found the answer from the official source. According to NCAA rules:

If you are transferring to a Division I school for any of the previously-listed sports, you may be eligible to compete immediately if you were not recruited by your original school and you have never received an athletics scholarship.

Barney walked on at WSU and never received a scholly.
        Same situation I believe as Cascio-Jensen with the women's team this year.

Comment

Bison add transfer and more

https://www.midcosn.com/blog/2018/05...rs-from-siena/
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

A transfer for the yotes too
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Mooney to Texas Tech. #TheDaumEffect
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                If you can't beat em......transfer out.

Comment

Let's keep the smack in the slop tank provided, please.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    That will bum out Creighton. After graduating Marcus Foster and Khyri Thomas declaring today I know they were hoping to get some experience and scoring punch from the guard position.

Comment

Summary of new transfers into the Summit.

Denver - SG, Ronnie Harrell Jr.****, 6'7" 190, from Creighton/Denver East. Eligible immediately/one season of eligibility. Harrell, a 4-star recruit coming out of Denver East is returning home. His family relationship with the Billups family was key for his choice. While he never lived up to his billing coming out of high school, he has potential to be a difference maker in the Summit. Because of his length and athleticism, he will be able to defend most any position in the Summit. He averaged 7.0 pts and 6.2 rebounds per game. While he only started in 14 games, he was 3rd in minutes played. He was often on the court at the end of the game, which, is more important than starts.

NDSU - PG, Jordan Horn**, 6'3" 190 from Sienna/St. Paul, MN (Tartan). Three years of eligibility/red-shirt in 2018-19. Horn saw significant action as a true freshman, starting 13 games and nearly 20 minutes per game. He averaged 7.9 pts/2.4 rebounds/1.0 assists per game. Tons of experience in prep career as he was a varsity player since 8th grade and played for Howard-Pulley's AAU program.

Omaha - PF, Brett Barney**, 6'9" 227, Wichita State/Sunrise Christian Academy. Eligible immediately/two years eligibility remaining. Walk-on player for hometown Shockers. Only played in six games averaging 1.2 pts/game.

Omaha - PF, Logan Strom**. 6'8" 240, UC Davis/Norfolk, NE. Three years of eligibility/red-shirt in 2018-19. Highly recruited athlete in both basketball and football after leading Norfolk to the Class A state championship his senior year. Powerful athlete who can be dominate inside and still hit the three. Redshirted in his only year at UC Davis.

USD - PG, Cody Kelley**, 5'11" 180, Wyoming/Gillette, WY. Eligible immediately/two seasons of eligibility. Kelley started in 23 games for the Cowboys last season, averaging 5.2 points/2.9 assists/2.4 rebounds per game. He was selected twice as the Wyoming Gatorade Player of the Year in high school. A bit undersized physically, but it sounds like he makes up for it with effort and intelligence. He may not replace Moomey's killer instincts and jump shot, but who knows, he may be a good fit to balance out their team.

Comment

• Re: 2018 recruits

Sam Griesel commits to NDSU. He had originally signed to play at USD last fall but then decommitted after Craig Smith left. I think we offered him after he decommitted.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...tment-usd-ndsu

Comment

Martianez has left the ORU WBB to play pro ball in Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Martianez has left the ORU WBB to play pro ball in Spain.
                            That definitely hurts them - she was a force in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              That definitely hurts them - she was a force in the middle.
                              It's definitely something you don't see very often. Most women basketball players finish their degree before even trying to move on. I have a feeling that team must have really wanted her for her to leave school early.
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

UND's 2-time all Big Sky guard, Geno Crandall leaving as a grad transfer. Possibly to Xavier per this GF Herald article:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...JldXxc.twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X