Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League BBall Transfers

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
    Someone needs to tell Mooney that if he leaves USD he will pass up on the $100,000 the Summit league 3 on 3 team would have gotten next year in that tournament.

Ya, this sucks, but kind of knew this was coming. From what I hear USD is not really in play. I'm hearing a lot of talk of Notre Dame. Not sure if the interest is mutual or if that's just his dream.
    Where is he from again? Illinois?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

You guys are insane if you don't think he'd be a good fit. No offense.

But, again, there's no chance he comes here.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

I don't think there is any guarantee he'd be a good fit here. He's definitely good enough but watching him play he seems to want to be the guy. Considering we have Daum and Jenkins, someone would have to be willing to give up some shots. They all may buy-in and do that and things may work just great, but I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on it. The Yankees have proven time and again it's tough to win with an all-star team.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

Who would you sit, King or Jenkins ?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Where is he from again? Illinois?
            He is from Illinois, but he transferred a few times in high school. Some where along the line he spent a year at a Notre Dame prep school.

Comment

He's a phenomenal player. But he ain't transferring to SDSU. That's just crazy. LOL.

I'm sure he's pursuing a bigger school/bigger dream type thing. Otherwise, he'll be back at USD.

He always KILLS the Jackrabbits, in fact I was amazed watching him in their other games of the Summit tourney... I didn't realize that he could actually miss open shots.

Impressive player, good luck to him.

Comment

Whats the situation at Utah State? Might not be the place he wants to go but playing for Smith has been good for both of them and might help Smith out there. Not sure if that would even be an option he would consider.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  He's a phenomenal player. But he ain't transferring to SDSU. That's just crazy. LOL.

I'm sure he's pursuing a bigger school/bigger dream type thing. Otherwise, he'll be back at USD.

He always KILLS the Jackrabbits, in fact I was amazed watching him in their other games of the Summit tourney... I didn't realize that he could actually miss open shots.

Impressive player, good luck to him.
                  In 6 games vs. SDSU he went 2-4 and his shooting percentage was 44.6%. #perceptionisgreaterthanreality
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I don't think there is any guarantee he'd be a good fit here. He's definitely good enough but watching him play he seems to want to be the guy. Considering we have Daum and Jenkins, someone would have to be willing to give up some shots. They all may buy-in and do that and things may work just great, but I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on it. The Yankees have proven time and again it's tough to win with an all-star team.
                    You're right... the Yankees haven't had any success with putting together a bunch of all stars on the same team.

Seriously though, I agree with the sentiment that people think Mooney wouldn't fit are crazy. If we are serious about becoming a perennial mid major power, we need to be alright with having more than one star on the team. You need to have 2 for sure, sometimes 3 to compete with the big dogs.

Comment

I thought Daum did a good job of deferring to Jenkins when he had the hot hand. I'm pretty sure he could co-exist with another scorer.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        In 6 games vs. SDSU he went 2-4 and his shooting percentage was 44.6%. #perceptionisgreaterthanreality
                        He averaged over 28ppg in those 6 games

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                          He averaged over 28ppg in those 6 games
                          And 23.5 shots/game to do it...
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            If Mooney stays, who knows what could happen.
                            Sounds like that may not happen, via his twitter he has been granted his release and will be exploring grad transfer options while also not ruling out a return to USD.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                              Sounds like that may not happen, via his twitter he has been granted his release and will be exploring grad transfer options while also not ruling out a return to USD.
                              I find it very hard to believe you request a release if you plan to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                                I find it very hard to believe you request a release if you plan to stay.
                                Is there a certain cut-off date to get a release declared by to be eligable for the next season?

Comment

Working...
                                X