Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League BBall Transfers

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    I thought he was pretty solid. This one may hurt a little bit if he moves on....wouldn't mind SDSU re-offering.
    I wonder if USU is in the mix since he seems to like Craig Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      They will be better than you expect. They always are...especially against us. A win down there won't be easy in 2018-19 regardless of who is on their team.
      I agree I don't think USD is going to be hot garbage this year. Losing Mooney is certainly going to hurt. Their success will be how well the returning guys can adjust to being go-to players vs the roles they played alongside Mooney this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        I agree I don't think USD is going to be hot garbage this year. Losing Mooney is certainly going to hurt. Their success will be how well the returning guys can adjust to being go-to players vs the roles they played alongside Mooney this year.
        This could put ndsu into a precarious position IMO. While USeD won’t be a dumpster fire it certainly opens the possibility that NDSU could challenge them for second and/or win a couple games in the SLT and get Richmond an extension that would be more off of circumstances and not him turning anything around. Which would be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

USD will still be a factor in the top half of the standings but there’s no doubt that suddenly losing the best player in team history will make a difference. He carried that team the last two years - willing them to multiple wins. Mooney would have been a great cushion for the new coaching staff. We’ll find out how good they are pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            Griesel asks for release from South Dakota commitment.

http://journalstar.com/sports/high-s...medium=twitter
            Was just posted on the Yote board that it appears their third recruit, Fakira, is also gone. Losing Mooney is tough, but losing the entire already signed recruiting class could set the program back for awhile. I don't envy being in the new coach's shoes.
            Last edited by bigticket1; 04-17-2018, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Was just posted on the Yote board that it appears their third recruit, Fakira, is also gone. Losing Mooney is tough, but losing the entire already signed recruiting class could set the program back for awhile. I don't envy being in the new coach's shoes.
              Mr. Lee will have a team full of HIS guys sooner rather than later. His recruiting ability will be tested quickly.

Comment

A lot of players want playing time. If marketed correctly, USD can pick up some real talent to join a decent nucleus of returning players. There's going to be room for a couple of new guys to get some playing time. If I had to make a guess, I'm still counting on USD to finish #2 in the SL next season.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  A lot of players want playing time. If marketed correctly, USD can pick up some real talent to join a decent nucleus of returning players. There's going to be room for a couple of new guys to get some playing time. If I had to make a guess, I'm still counting on USD to finish #2 in the SL next season.
                  Yes don’t count them out. We don’t know much about Coach Lee, for a non-player, he seems know what he is doing.

Comment

Kentucky Blog - My apologies if this has previously been posted.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/kentucky-...-loses-big-men

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Yes don’t count them out. We don’t know much about Coach Lee, for a non-player, he seems know what he is doing.
                      Also, until I actually see Daum on the court in a Jackrabbits uniform (or he makes some official announcement) I'm going to have a hard time getting too worked up about how the standings might look next year. Things like that Kentucky article show that we are not out of the woods yet.

Comment

Is USD in any worse shape than SDSU was when Nagy left? SDSU had Reed, Daum and who? The rest of their players averaged about 11.5 points/game the year before TOTAL!

Flatten who didn't play the year before.
                        King who played 14 minutes/game and averaged 3.7 pts/game. He scored 126 total points the year before.
                        Lane who scored 48 total points the year before averaging 1.8 points/game and 10 minutes/game.
                        Ian played the most there year before scoring 206 total points. He averaged 6.1 points/game and played 17 minutes/game. Actually, he scored more than Flatten, King and Lane put together.

Of course, those 6 players were the majority of the team the next 2 or 3 years.

TJ brought in Orris, Hess, Howell, El Darwich and Wallace.
                        The other players that year were Dykman and Beau Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          Is USD in any worse shape than SDSU was when Nagy left? SDSU had Reed, Daum and who? The rest of their players averaged about 11.5 points/game the year before TOTAL!

Flatten who didn't play the year before.
                          King who played 14 minutes/game and averaged 3.7 pts/game. He scored 126 total points the year before.
                          Lane who scored 48 total points the year before averaging 1.8 points/game and 10 minutes/game.
                          Ian played the most there year before scoring 206 total points. He averaged 6.1 points/game and played 17 minutes/game. Actually, he scored more than Flatten, King and Lane put together.

Of course, those 6 players were the majority of the team the next 2 or 3 years.

TJ brought in Orris, Hess, Howell, El Darwich and Wallace.
                          The other players that year were Dykman and Beau Brown.
                          I think you just answered your own question. SDSU wasn't in great shape when Nagy left (and it showed, especially in the first half of the season), but having Mike back was much better than comparing to USD this year, who doesn't have their leading scorer returning.

That 2016-17 Jacks team wasn't the best team in the league. We got hot at the right time, and we were the best at the end of the year. We just as easily could have had a 15-15 season and no big dance. This year was much different, but there was a lot of luck and good timing last year. I think USD will struggle mightily without Mooney and Smith, at least in the first year. Their other returning cast migh be better than ours in 16-17, but they lose their ace. We were able to limp along relying on Daum for long enough to get into a good rythym at the end of the year. It'll be tough for the Yotes to do the same without their top guy. It wouldn't surprise me if they rebound in a big way after that though.
                          Last edited by Mr_Tibbs; 04-18-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
                            Kentucky Blog - My apologies if this has previously been posted.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/kentucky-...-loses-big-men
                            Hadn't seen this. This would make me nervous. Cal is a fantastic recruiter, and his whole selling point is that he'll help your draft stock.

I won't feel confident until I hear directly from Mike that he's coming back.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Might not be the worst thing, now they can go after the talent still floating around. If they have the skill to recruit them and talk them into coming to SD.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Hadn't seen this. This would make me nervous. Cal is a fantastic recruiter, and his whole selling point is that he'll help your draft stock.

I won't feel confident until I hear directly from Mike that he's coming back.

I agree that Calipari is a great recruiter and that would be a very tempting option. I also agree that I won't feel great until Mike says he is coming back. I can't say that I put a lot of stock in a blog post of this sort.

Comment

Working...
                                X