Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Is there a certain cut-off date to get a release declared by to be eligable for the next season?
    Then he has it if he needs a backup plan?

Comment

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      Is there a certain cut-off date to get a release declared by to be eligable for the next season?
      I am not sure about a cut off date for release, but think the recruiting period follows the regular NCAA recruiting calendar. There is a evaluation period coming up in mid-April. Which may be why Mooney announced when he did.

Comment

Re: Summit League BBall Transfers

What are Daum's career stats against USD while Mooney had been there?
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          What are Daum's career stats against USD while Mooney had been there?
          22 ppg on 43% shooting.

I'm also of the camp that anyone who thinks Mooney would not help our team is crazy. How many more open shots would each of him, Daum, and DJJ get playing together? They would all probably score the same amount of points, just on less shots. You think our offense is a machine now? Just imagine! (Of course this is a pipe dream anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
            22 ppg on 43% shooting.

I'm also of the camp that anyone who thinks Mooney would not help our team is crazy. How many more open shots would each of him, Daum, and DJJ get playing together? They would all probably score the same amount of points, just on less shots. You think our offense is a machine now? Just imagine! (Of course this is a pipe dream anyway)
            I agree. I think he’ll end up at Nebraska.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MattJHarris85/st...355666437?s=19
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Predicted right after the final.

Go Rabbits!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  You're right... the Yankees haven't had any success with putting together a bunch of all stars on the same team.
                  I mean, this post would have merit if the stars were in the batters box at once.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Most grad transfers either transfer to a higher level program to get recognition or a to a lower level program to get playing time.... very few make lateral moves. I'd be shocked if he ended up with SDSU or any other team in the Summit. Unless there are personal ties or academic ties in which I really don't know if that is the case.

I think he'd fit in @ SDSU, I don't know if he'd be willing to fit the role that they want though

Comment

[One can tell the message board doldrums are setting in...we need some exciting sports news to talk about.]

The posters commenting on Mooney moving to another Summit school, particularly SDSU, have to be kidding or aren't thinking this through very carefully. Recall Mooney said prior to the Summit League matchup that he (or "we" - referring to his team) didn't like SDSU and "they" (SDSU) don't like us. I think he has some great basketball skills but I cannot imagine a worse scenario for all concerned than Mooney transferring to SDSU. My guess is Mooney will say the same thing. It just ain't gonna happen. I wish him well wherever he ends up but it should not be Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        [One can tell the message board doldrums are setting in...we need some exciting sports news to talk about.]

The posters commenting on Mooney moving to another Summit school, particularly SDSU, have to be kidding or aren't thinking this through very carefully. Recall Mooney said prior to the Summit League matchup that he (or "we" - referring to his team) didn't like SDSU and "they" (SDSU) don't like us. I think he has some great basketball skills but I cannot imagine a worse scenario for all concerned than Mooney transferring to SDSU. My guess is Mooney will say the same thing. It just ain't gonna happen. I wish him well wherever he ends up but it should not be Brookings.
                        Agreed!

Comment

If I had a vote, I'd vote for Mooney staying put at USD. If the Coyotes remain intact, they should be favored to repeat as conference champs (sure, I want the Jacks to get that and think they can) and have an excellent shot at making the dance (again, I want the Jacks to make the dance but I keep hoping that one of these years two Summit teams make the dance). If Mooney's goal is to accomplish even more on the basketball court, he shouldn't leave USD. If he's sincerely thinking about picking up a graduate degree at a different institution where he can also play basketball, then maybe a transfer makes sense (there are many who think having degrees from different institutions can have its advantages). He may also have an interest in a particular graduate degree that may not be offered at USD and if that is the case, that should be his primary focus.

I hope he stays.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            If I had a vote, I'd vote for Mooney staying put at USD. If the Coyotes remain intact, they should be favored to repeat as conference champs (sure, I want the Jacks to get that and think they can) and have an excellent shot at making the dance (again, I want the Jacks to make the dance but I keep hoping that one of these years two Summits teams make the dance). If Mooney's goal is to accomplish even more on the basketball court, he shouldn't leave USD. If he's sincerely thinking about picking up a graduate degree at a different institution where he can also play basketball, then maybe a transfer makes sense (there are many who think having degrees from different institutions can have its advantages). I hope he stays.
                            Some of your post doesn't make sense...

"If the Coyotes remain intact, they should be favored to repeat as conference champs"... Repeat?

"If Mooney's goal is to accomplish even more on the basketball court, he shouldn't leave USD"... What? If he stays, what more will he accomplish? Chances are he'll lose to Daum again and never make the dance. If he goes elsewhere, especially a P5 school, not only can he prove that he can ball with the big boys, he will probably have a much better shot at the dance.

Comment

Wouldn't be the first time some of my posts didn't make sense. Late night posting while watching a movie....

You're right...we were the regular season champs...I think they may be favored to return (they'd won the regular season in 2016-17) to reg season champs. I think some early-season pronosticators will give USD the nod over SDSU if Mooney stays at USD because of SDSU losses due to graduation, particularly Telly. I'll be picking State without hesitation but I'm pretty biased.

I think Mooney can personally accomplish more on the basketball court as a Coyote then going to a bigger program where it is likely he would not stand out as much. Remaining for him to accomplish is a trip to the dance with him as the team leader. I agree that chances are they'll lose to SDSU and I certainly want to see that. Yeah, I see the point where Mooney could play a lot on a P5 roster and perhaps that's his goal. It seems to me he can really stand out while playing at USD.

If SDSU has a season next year that I am expecting to see, and USD retains Mooney and the Coyotes have a season much like they had this year, well perhaps the Summit League can make the case that two teams get to the dance.

Comment

Anna Goodhope, SF Washington Graduate, is transferring to U.Sioux Falls from NDSU. She didn't play this past season because of an injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X