Summit League BBall Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League BBall Transfers

I don't suspect we'll hear that Mike Daum is returning to the Jacks until after the NBA draft on June 21. That's understandable.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      I don't suspect we'll hear that Mike Daum is returning to the Jacks until after the NBA draft on June 21. That's understandable.
      If Mike is going to declare for the draft, he needs to do it by Sunday. If you declare, you can withdraw anytime before June 11 if you haven't hired an agent.

Comment

I’m surprised he didn’t declare to get more information from the NBA guys.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          I’m surprised he didn’t declare to get more information from the NBA guys.
          In general, it's not a good year to come out early unless you are a sure thing first round pick. With the FBI investigation into the whole recruiting/shoe company thing, a higher than normal number of high end underclassmen seem to have declared. Add in the foreign players and a few high school possibilities and Mike seems to be on the borderline of the first round. I saw a list of the top 100 underclassmen and foreign players who might declare and Mike wasn't even mentioned. I don't buy into that, but it certainly isn't a lock that Mike would go in the first round. Otz probably has enough NBA contacts to be able to gather an idea where Mike stands without declaring, and I'm guessing that probably has taken place.

Comment

When do guys have to declare whether they are grad transferring? I assume there is a deadline for that...?

Comment

Just reading the tea leaves, I think with Telly signing on as a grad assistant, that should tell you where to expect what Mike will do. (they are roomates, and pretty much best buds).

That's how I'm choosing to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                Just reading the tea leaves, I think with Telly signing on as a grad assistant, that should tell you where to expect what Mike will do. (they are roomates, and pretty much best buds).

That's how I'm choosing to read it.
                I am not sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to reading tea leaves. Daum is staying.

Comment

JayCee Bradley leaving the USD women's basketball team. She was a junior this season. Looked at the USD official site...appears she is a nursing major and I think their nursing program is a three-year program so she may qualify as a grad-transfer. One of the better three-point shooters in the country.
                  Last edited by JackJD; 04-24-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Howell to Jackson State.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      Howell to Jackson State.
                      Honestly with out howell his first year here we don't turn into the team we did. the turnovers were frustrating, but he really stepped up and helped Daum out. best of luck to him. This Jacks fan will appreciate his time here.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        JayCee Bradley leaving the USD women's basketball team. She was a junior this season. Looked at the USD official site...appears she is a nursing major and I think their nursing program is a three-year program so she may qualify as a grad-transfer. One of the better three-point shooters in the country.
                        was surprised to hear that one. one rumor from relatives in nebraska, is that she may have applied for the special nursing program at nebraska. i guess it is pretty difficult to get accepted. then again, they told me that on one of her web accounts she stated to contact a past coach (aau?) and gave his number. so, maybe she has no real plans.

Comment

http://goshockers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3296&path=m_bkb

Wichita State forward Brett Barney is transferring to @OmahaMBB and eligible immediately. The 6’9 Wichita native played in 6 games last year for WSU.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Wichita State forward Brett Barney is transferring to @OmahaMBB and eligible immediately. The 6’9 Wichita native played in 6 games last year for WSU.
                            Looking at his profile, he spent a year at Sunrise Academy,the same as David Jenkins Jr, apparently not getting playing time at Wichita. I guess we will find out how good he is this coming year.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I'm confused. Barney redshirted his freshman year at WSU and then saw limited action last year. He will be a redshirt sophomore in eligibility, yet he can transfer in and be eligible immediately? Did he graduate in two years?

Comment

Dylan Miller is leaving NDSU for Mankato after two seasons in Fargo. This is not meant as a slam, but I had to look him up as I really didn't remember him. According to his bio, he started 42 games during his freshman and sophomore seasons as a Bison. Modest contributor on the stats sheet, but having that much experience with two years of eligibility left has to hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X