NDSU Winter Struggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU Winter Struggles

Article from Kolpack and NDSU’s struggles this Winter. The Summit is stronger when NDSU is strong. Are they putting all their efforts into Football?

http://www.inforum.com/sports/441937...ison-athletics

Re: NDSU Winter Struggles

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Article from Kolpack and NDSU’s struggles this Winter. The Summit is stronger when NDSU is strong. Are they putting all their efforts into Football?

Kolpack works on Sunday's I see this article was posted at 2:07 this afternoon. Some very good questions with no easy answers. Having less sports does not always work out. Having Bono is a real asset plus TJ and AJ are money in the bank.

Comment

Where's the love for their Indoor Track and Field teams? Didn't men and women sweep the team awards for the third straight year? It's not all falling apart up there.
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
        Where's the love for their Indoor Track and Field teams? Didn't men and women sweep the team awards for the third straight year? It's not all falling apart up there.
        In the 3 sports that most people care about, we were 7-0 vs the Bison this season. But they still have all those football championships and a win in the mens NCAA tourney. Something we dont have.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
          As we have seen some SDSU fans have Bison envy, this piece seems to have a bit of Jackrabbit envy. They are eager for the spring football to find some success.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            In the 3 sports that most people care about, we were 7-0 vs the Bison this season. But they still have all those football championships and a win in the mens NCAA tourney. Something we dont have.
            The Bison will always have the upper hand when it comes to fall sports smack talk. I always chuckle when posters try to go back and forth with the bison faithful because we've won 2 straight regular season games.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The previous admin made some poor hires, seriously who gives a completely unproven WBB coach the longest contract in school history...Former women's AD Lynn Dorn does. Contract is so bad, the new admin can't even afford to fire her.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                The previous admin made some poor hires, seriously who gives a completely unproven WBB coach the longest contract in school history...Former women's AD Lynn Dorn does. Contract is so bad, the new admin can't even afford to fire her.
                Understandable, but what is Walseth’s biggest issue? Can’t coach? Can’t Recruit?
                Same with Kish & Richman? NDSU has the resources to be a legit mid-major. Or is this just part of the ebbs and flows of a mid-major?

Comment

Understandable, but what is Walseth’s biggest issue? Can’t coach? Can’t Recruit?
                  Same with Kish & Richman? NDSU has the resources to be a legit mid-major. Or is this just part of the ebbs and flows of a mid-major?
                  She can't recruit a lick, her coaching was somewhat decent early when there was some talent around but she can't find talent so there is little hope.

Richman I don't really get at all, I think he is somewhat afraid to take any risks in recruiting and it has hurt the program. To his credit he has some really nice guards coming into the program but he can't find or develop any bigs so it could be another year like this one and if that happens his time at NDSU will be up.

The school dumped $50 million into facilities and has given MBB more charter flights, the investment is there.

Comment

The Summit League has to have a couple more schools get back in the game, challenging for conference titles. SDSU and USD are doing it and I think the NDSU men’s basketball program can spring back quickly but it looks like a decision about whether they have the right coach must be made in the immediate future. The conference should be concerned the Bison women’s basketball program has been severely damaged and may not recover quickly.

Comment

I would trade losing to NDSU in everything for about 3 years if it meant a football national championship, mens sweet 16, or womens final 4 just once. I wouldn't be too worried about the bison, they are going to be just fine

Comment

Working...
                      X