GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits #8 vs Villanova Wildcats #9 @ South Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits #8 vs Villanova Wildcats #9 @ South Bend

The Wildcats(22-8) have the co-coach of the year from the Big East. Coach Harry Perretta has been there 39 years and he has won over 700 games. Villanova will try to slow the game as they average 67 points to 59 points per game. There are 8 players who average double figures in minutes played, but 4 of those average 30 or more per game. The Wildcats may be careful with the ball as they average less than 10 turnovers per game and they average 14 assists. They shoot very well from inside(52%) and 33% from behind the stripe for an overall average of 43%. They will be similar in height to the Jackrabbits and they average 3.8 blocks. They split with Creighton in conference and they are 3-1 on neutral floors this year. Wildcats lost 1 OOC. This is the first return since 2013 to the dance. they have been there 11 times in school history. They are led by senior guard Alex Louin who was 2nd team Big East and 6th woman of the year sophomore Mary Gedaka. It will be simple if the Jackrabbits can continue to score in the 70's and apply the defense that forces the Wildcats to take outside shots by stopping the passes inside. Simple or not, I look for a Jackrabbit victory. Go Jacks!!

6:30 pm ESPN2
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits #8 vs Villanova Wildcats #9 @ South Bend

AJ and crew always has the Jacks performing at a notch or two higher at this time of the year, I expect this year to be no exception. Extremely focused and shooting true. Everyone healthy and ready. Our defense was simply awesome during the SLT. Should be fun, I can't wait for the tip-off.

Comment

I hope Villanova's scouting of SDSU is as accurate as their women's basketball page about the tournament game. They have SDSU listed at an RPI of 59.

http://www.villanova.com/sports/w-ba...b-ncaa-18.html

SDSU's RPI is 29.

USD's RPI is 59.

They may be surprised when their opponents show up not in red but in blue and yellow.

#norespect
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I just checked the RPI for the Wildcats and they are currently 30 while the Jackrabbits have been reported at 28. It should be a good 8 vs 9 matchup.
        https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...basketball-rpi
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Haven't watched them play, but they remind me of our team from a couple of years ago. Looks like they have a solid starting 5, but very little help coming off the bench. Seems we should play our game and keep them working in transition and wear them down. They are going to be hard pressed to score with us with such a limited offensive output off the bench.

Comment

All I know is that it feels strange to be a higher seed. Hopefully no one’s peaking ahead to Notre Dame because of it.

Here’s to 40% 3-pt shooting, Ellie making her bunnies, a pile of Macy pull-up jumpers, and plenty of tough SDSU defense!

Comment

Ladies getting a taste of their own game so far. Nova is hot from deep and rebounding well
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                All I know is that it feels strange to be a higher seed. Hopefully no one’s peaking ahead to Notre Dame because of it.

Here’s to 40% 3-pt shooting, Ellie making her bunnies, a pile of Macy pull-up jumpers, and plenty of tough SDSU defense!
                Someone has hot 3 point shooting, and it's not us. Also aren't rebounding well.

Comment

When we loosen up a little,we should score a little better. We look kinda tight.

Comment

ESPN SWITCHED TO Baylor game already.

Comment

I have no sound and the picture sucks

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        God I hate all things Baylor

Comment

Hard to win giving up 26 per quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            Is also on ESPN3

Comment

Thanks,watchingESPN3

Comment

Working...
                              X