Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits #8 vs Villanova Wildcats #9 @ South Bend

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
    Jacks shoot 18.8 percent from three point shots and get out rebounded 41-30. Offensive rebounds were 11-4 in the Lady Wildcats favor and I believe that was the difference
    Definitely out-rebounded by the Wildcats. That indicates a differential in "want-to." Villanova wanted it more.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Or that they were shooting so many 3's which turn into long rebounds

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
        Or that they were shooting so many 3's which turn into long rebounds
        When they get 3xs the offensive rebounds we did that’s a major issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Welp: message from NCAA tournaments to SDSU basketball teams: Not good enough yet. Get better.
          After 10 years or more, no better. Maybe have peaked. Recruit harder or switch it up more from different areas.

Comment

Green Bay women fell to the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
              After 10 years or more, no better. Maybe have peaked. Recruit harder or switch it up more from different areas.
              Well I suppose I should be ready to renew my basketball tickets soon. Football tickets have been locked in. I did enjoy the teams' journey this year and I expect to enjoy some great games in the coming year. Remember Villanova waited 5 years since their last tourney and there are many teams that do not even get a sniff of this success. Go Jacks!!
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

We lack an emotional leader, Megan Vogel comes to mind, who plays with a chip on her shoulder. Our team has a lot of talent. It's time for someone to step forward with an attitude.

Comment

As tough as it's been to be a Jacks fan after the last two days, imagine how it must feel to be a Virginia fan tonight. #1 seed in the entire men's field. Loses by twenty to a #16 seed. First time it's happened. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    As tough as it's been to be a Jacks fan after the last two days, imagine how it must feel to be a Virginia fan tonight. #1 seed in the entire men's field. Loses by twenty to a #16 seed. First time it's happened. Ever.
                    That's nuts.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      That's nuts.
                      And were they the #1 1 seed?
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        And were they the #1 1 seed?
                        Yep. Ranked #1 in country.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The 16 seeds were 0 for 135 until now!

Comment

I'd like to see better shooting off the glass, layups, not counting the misses where we were fouled on the layup shot....we shot 10 of 17, layups should be a much higher percentage shot than that. Doesn't do any good getting to the hoop if you can't finish. The better teams, like the one we would aspire to be, just don't miss that many layups. We are going to be a very good team again next year, but every year we have to say goodbye to some of our best players,the seniors, and try to get the replacements to become as good. We had the pieces in place this year, hopefully, we will have as good or better team next year, hope we don't keep missing good opportunities. Proud of the comeback, but did we do enough to stop the 3's, I don't know, maybe they just had an unreal shooting game that they probably won't repeat against ND. If they do, good for them.

It was a good season all in all, but I believe until we get that monkey off our back of getting a sweet 16 win, when we realistically have the talent to get it, we'll always feel a little disappointed if we don't reach that accomplishment. This year might of been a stretch for that, having to take down a number one seed, but the disappointment this year is not getting an opening round win when we were favored to. It stings right now, but true warriors will rise above the disappointment and come back next year stronger than ever. I have to believe in that.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              It was a good season all in all, but I believe until we get that monkey off our back of getting a sweet 16 win, when we realistically have the talent to get it, we'll always feel a little disappointed if we don't reach that accomplishment.
                              So we need to get to the Elite 8 in order to not be disappointed? Or did your fingers type faster than reasonable thought?
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                So we need to get to the Elite 8 in order to not be disappointed? Or did your fingers type faster than reasonable thought?
                                No,no,no...just the sweet 16 is what I meant ,sorry for the confusion. It's because we've come so close already in our short time playing Div 1 basketball to getting a sweet 16 spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X