GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits #8 vs Villanova Wildcats #9 @ South Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits #8 vs Villanova Wildcats #9 @ South Bend

I was hoping to see the Jacks come out the way they did against WIU and USD in Sioux Falls. Aggressive in your face defense, and attack the basket inside and kick out for threes. Not sure why the coaching staff felt the need to play zone - it seemed to make us passive on both ends of the floor and got us in a big hole that took 40 minutes to dig out of.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      No,no,no...just the sweet 16 is what I meant ,sorry for the confusion. It's because we've come so close already in our short time playing Div 1 basketball to getting a sweet 16 spot.
      We have elevated what we consider a "success" in both Women's and Men's basketball and that is a very good thing. We aren't happy winning the regular season or just making the tournament. We now expect to win in the dances. That is how you build great programs.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        We have elevated what we consider a "success" in both Women's and Men's basketball and that is a very good thing. We aren't happy winning the regular season or just making the tournament. We now expect to win in the dances. That is how you build great programs.
        I agree, I do realize that advancing to the sweet 16 is not an easy thing to do, unless one of the top four seeds get upset ,the best seed scenario is facing the #4 seed for a sweet 16 spot. The NCAA made the task harder yet by giving the top 4 seeds basically home games in the first two rds. This we know ,but knowing doesn't help make it any easier. We'll get there, and there'll be much joy and jubilation when it happens. Being a fan , we tend to want to rush these things, it's only human nature.

Comment

Talking about how to get to the next level in basketball or any of the sports... I believe this to be true... Ohio State and SD State are the only two programs in the country to have men's and women's basketball, football and wrestling rated in the top 15 in the country. Granted those are mid-major for SD State except wrestling, but it's all representative.

Everyone else in the country is trying to figure out how they can be like Ohio State or the Jacks.

Comment

In case anyone is still depressed about the Jacks WBB loss in the tournament, I am randomly watching (sort of) an archived WBB game between Chicago St (1-29) and UMKC (11-19) on the WAC channel.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
              In case anyone is still depressed about the Jacks WBB loss in the tournament, I am randomly watching (sort of) an archived WBB game between Chicago St (1-29) and UMKC (11-19) on the WAC channel.
              There may be a hot line to call for that kind of problem!
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                There may be a hot line to call for that kind of problem!
                LOL...agreed - that's some serious college BB withdrawl therapy!

Comment

Working...
                X