Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Little pups.

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    I think us winning in our tournaments would have been much more beneficial than anything done in the wnit or cbi.
    Beating Power 5 Conference teams anytime raises perception and profile of the Conference.

Comment

So, is Mooney going to stick around Vermillion for another disappointing season or grad-transfer out? I'm guessing that he'll leave. But I don't really care, one way or the other.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Beating Power 5 Conference teams anytime raises perception and profile of the Conference.
        This is correct if you beat these Power 5 teams during the current season's OOC schedule. Beating a Power 5 conference school in the WNIT will have zero bearing on the selection committee in future years. Raise your team's RPI which in turn raises the conference's RPI and that is when we will have more consideration for a 2-bid league. I'd be a lot of money the NCAA selection committee doesn't look at the prior year's WNIT bracket when selecting their teams.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          I thought it as because "God Hates USD" ?
          God doesn't hate USD, in fact, if you look in the bible it states that "The University of South Dakota shall be created because not everyone can be a winner."

Comment

There it is. He gone.

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sport...032618aad.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              So, is Mooney going to stick around Vermillion for another disappointing season or grad-transfer out? I'm guessing that he'll leave. But I don't really care, one way or the other.
              Is he eligible to grad transfer? I have seen a rumor about Illinois, can't see that, they are atrocious. But I could see him head to Utah. Smith is going to need some help if he wants to compete in the MWC next year. Especially with the addition of Gonzaga, which is now being rumored as happening beginning next season.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                This can't be right. Didn't the USD administration say last week that Smith would not be available for comment because he was out recruiting?
                This space for lease.

Comment

This can't be right. Didn't the USD administration say last week that Smith would not be available for comment because he was out recruiting?
                  For certain values of "recruiting," he was.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

He was, trying to recruit a new employer.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Smith leaving will hurt some, but if Mooney sticks around, I don't see why they won't still be a good team. Lots of players coming back... I think they only lose 3 guys. And they were primarily bench guys.

However, Smith is gone, and if Mooney follows suit (either following Smith, or going his own way)... that will hurt big time. At least for a season.

I'm sure they can find someone to do a good job, though. They have a great new arena, and they've been successful the past few seasons, and the cupboard isn't bare.

Comment

He probably wanted to just get rid of all his red plaid shirts and ties.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Pretty sure it was just one shirt and one tie...
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

He IS going to a school whose primary color is blue, after all. A really dark, almost black blue, but blue nevertheless.

Hail the Utah Aggies
                            We'll play the game
                            With all our might
                            See the colors flying
                            The Aggie blue
                            And fighting white
                            How they stir us onward
                            We'll win the victory all right,
                            Hail the Utah Aggies
                            We're out to win
                            So fight, fight, fight!

And "Aggies" to boot! Hah!
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The wardrobe police should also confiscate those god-awful bright red pants that Dawn wore for their semi-final game in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Any word on Austin Hansen? Is he going with Smith, staying at the U, taking over the head job?
                                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                                X