Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Little pups.

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Jeff Goodman from ESPN is reporting Todd Lee Assistant Coach from Grand Canyon and USD alum is front runner.

“Grand Canyon assistant Todd Lee is the frontrunner for the South Dakota job, sources told ESPN.”
    Goodman just tweeted that Lee is basically a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Goodman just tweeted that Lee is basically a done deal.
      Done deal. Just released by USD Basketball.

http://www.goyotes.com/news/2018/4/4...all-coach.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
        Thanks USD for wasting our taxpayers money on a search firm when you hired someone long connected to you way before. Sell saved the state money and we still won 3 straight conference tournaments.
        The caution flag comes out on that statement! Don't always confuse athletic department funds with taxpayer funds (for either USD or SDSU). Last thing we want is for the legislature to step in and mess things up!

Comment

This is one of those hires that 3-5 years from now, you say man that was a real nice outside the box hire..... or what were ya thinking type of hire......

Comment

Or their Meierkort. #FearTodd
            Wait a minute!! Ed Meierkort got his masters degree at SDSU. Yes we may be fearing Todd if he is truly the front runner.

Comment

1986 grad that puts him at about 54 years of age. As someone stated earlier, this might be his final destination. Did he interview when Craig Smith was hired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Solid, if a bit Joe Glenn-ish IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  This is one of those hires that 3-5 years from now, you say man that was a real nice outside the box hire..... or what were ya thinking type of hire......

Agreed. It could go either way. I just hope the line is clear and it isn't somewhere in the middle.

Comment

It's interesting to me that people on the Yote board that are touting Lee's success at Kentucky Wesleyan as good reason for the hire, pooh-poohed Tom Billeter as a potential candidate, who had just as much success at Augie, right out of the box

Comment

It's interesting to me that people on the Yote board that are touting Lee's success at Kentucky Wesleyan as good reason for the hire, pooh-poohed Tom Billeter as a potential candidate, who had just as much success at Augie, right out of the box
                      There is no mention of him playing bb himself at USD or Huron High or James Valley. He must know the game very well and probably will do well Good Luck Mr. Lee; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ0eoH4l4us

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                        Solid, if a bit Joe Glenn-ish IMO.
                        Hope it pans out just as well.

Comment

A low-risk hire. He probably won't go job shopping in two years. I doubt he would have made the Jacks' short list of candidates, but he could be a good fit for USD.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

I think his most successful stint would probably be what GCU did during transition both on and off the court..... At the same time though how much of it was him? And they seemed to plateau the last 3 years....

His USD ties obviously made him a candidate, and he probably interviewed well..... His first goal will be keeping as much of his current team as he can, which might be difficult

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              There is no mention of him playing bb himself at USD or Huron High or James Valley. He must know the game very well and probably will do well Good Luck Mr. Lee; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ0eoH4l4us
                              Never played? Maybe he's Stig-ish rather than Glenn-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                                Never played? Maybe he's Stig-ish rather than Glenn-ish.
                                I did read one account where Lee tried to walk on at USD without success and that would have been in the Martin era. He has learned coaching the hard way but apparently has kept good company with the other coaches. He helped coach the Rapid City Thrillers with Musselman, so I sure he learned a great deal during that time period. I am trying to think of the comment about doing and learning. Something to the affect that those who can't do often teach. That is Mr. Lee, 123 look at Mr. Lee, 456 look at him jive and so the Cordettes sang. Lets see Mr. Lee jive. Yes Stig did not play football at SDSU but did play for the Selby Lions and has a helmet in his office as proof. So who knows, this may have been a very good hire. Of course we will never admit that on this board
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 04-24-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X