Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tour

Plus +1,000. He has to be better next year, he was amazing to start, just needs to settle into the game. Like Filbert says, we'll be fine next year. Might actually be fine like Krug, we have the ingredients.

Comment

• Re: GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tour

Buffalo just beat UA by 21 points. What stood out to me was their intensity, their defensive effort, and their rebounding effort. You could just tell that whenever they were on D, that was where the big play was going to come from. Their offense was a complement to their D. You could just see the frustration build for Arizona, and then they completely collapsed.

I think a lot of times these talking heads prop up the idea that the only mid majors that have a chance are ones that are lights out from 3. Buffalo hit a lot of threes tonight, but they dominated that game because their D. It was an impressive showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        Buffalo just beat UA by 21 points. What stood out to me was their intensity, their defensive effort, and their rebounding effort. You could just tell that whenever they were on D, that was where the big play was going to come from. Their offense was a complement to their D. You could just see the frustration build for Arizona, and then they completely collapsed.

I think a lot of times these talking heads prop up the idea that the only mid majors that have a chance are ones that are lights out from 3. Buffalo hit a lot of threes tonight, but they dominated that game because their D. It was an impressive showing.
        I agree, I think we have the chance to be that team as long as Daum, Flatten, Jenkins and Key commit to it. Tevin is already there, Key was close tonight. Mike tried his heart out. Flatten needs to play O and D with fearlessness, DJJ just needs to pick his spots. Again like Filbert always says, we'll be fine next year.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
          Our least efficient scorer on a percentage basis hurt us today. Long fade aways jumpers and pull ups look cool when they go in. Problem is those shots go in at a lower rate than open ones. Before crucifying me go check the season statistics and see who has the lowest FG% on this years team.

Jenkins is an incredible talent, great shooter, clutch scorer, and potential summit league MPV type player. This team would be better if he passed up his typically early in the shot clock tough shot for a teammates better look at times. I'd love to see improved shot selection, an uptick in assists, and some defensive effort in his sophomore campaign.
          He's a volume guy. He's not going to be super efficient like Daum. Obviously he will get more efficient as he matures, but when you ask a freshman to fill the role we needed him to fill, some games will go really well, others will not go well. Take the good with the bad. This team needed a guy like him. Without him our 2nd scoring threat would have been Reed, and while he can knock down 3s, he's not creating his own shot. We turned from a 1 man show to a legit team when Jenkins came on the scene. I'm excited to see him develop.

Comment

Truly a great season. We really looked polished for 95% of the year. The comeback showed some great heart however an unlikely 7 points in two possessions was the difference. Kudos to otz for having a game plan and executing it.

Comment

Congrats on the season and making the tournament. The Jacks definitely were deserving of getting the 12 seed, and they belonged. The game could have easily turned into a win. The 4 point play was a back-breaker. It so easily could have turned out differently. Two years in a row...could have easily been 2+ wins for you guys. Makes this Bison fan sad to see the distance between our programs right now.

Comment

Many people said the Big 10 was down and that the Jacks got a good draw playing the second place team in a weak league. Well, the Big 10 was 4-0 in their opening round games.

Comment

Observations from Boise -
                  1. Nice town. Great local support for the tournament. Arena is ok.
                  2. Many SDSU fans. It felt like it was our time. Which it wasn't.
                  3. There is no easy way to get to Boise. Driving or flying.
                  4. It was there for the taking. Our best player played great and we had an unexpected scoring option.
                  5. Just a bad foul at the end. You can watch basketball for a month and not see a four point play.
                  6. Our fans were great and got the rest of the arena involved.
                  7. We had multiple fans from the other schools talk to us about how much they enjoyed watching the Rabbits compete. Which is all well and good. We want to win a game.

Enjoyed the trip and hopefully that elusive NCAA Tournament victory is on the horizon soon.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Working...
                  X