Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tour

Originally posted by TennesseeJackrabbit View Post
    Games like this make me ashamed... We were the better team, we shot ourselves in the foot, made a lot of dumb mistakes, hopefully daum comes back next year and we may actually win a tournament game
    Ashamed?

Comment

• Re: GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tour

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
      Yeah, ashamed is a strong. And consider who is saying that. That' said, though, nobody should be satisfied. It was a huge opportunity squandered with some truly stupid fouls and other bad decisions down the stretch. And it wouldn't have hurt to grab the occasional rebound this afternoon. So this is nothing to take pride in. Beating the spread should no longer be a moral victory for us. This should be a disappointing outcome. But not ashamed. Hopefully this feeling sticks and is remembered a year from today and used to forge that extra it takes to put us over the the top in an NCAA tourney game.
      Welcome back. Always can expect that when we lose.

Comment

We kind of figured to win we needed Daum, Jenkins and one other to step up. We got 2 out of three, which is pretty good. Not the game Jenkins was hoping for....he will come back stronger next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Guy's just didn't keep the intensity level where it needed to be the whole game. Can't have let downs like we had in the second half and expect to win.
          Good teams never let you take a break, they just wait for you to try, then they stomp on you.Tired legs screams out stronger bench needed.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Ashamed?
            Ya. Ashamed isn't the right term. More like unhappy...for me at least. We were too good of team to be able to happy with falling short...again
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Ya. Ashamed isn't the right term. More like unhappy...for me at least. We were too good of team to be able to happy with falling short...again
              frustrated is probably the word for me. it was right there. tied late, probably couldn't draw it up better to have a chance to win, it was almost like a wait, what just happened moment. going from 2 minutes to 1 minute of game was just heart breaking.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                Just numb!

That was a real lost opportunity. Letting them go on those long runs were killers. Would have loved to see them slow it down, call a set play, and stall those runs. They didn't beat us, we kind of beat ourselves. That hurts.

Hats off to Key, he was fantastic today. Daum was too.

Ugh! Was just sure that this was the year we advanced. Feel bad for the coaches and players. They gave us one hell of a season. Once for the record books. The end just wasn't how we wanted it.

SUPERBUNNY
                long rebounds off of 3-point attempts hurt the team. The 4-point play and foul on the second 3-point attempt were backbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  frustrated is probably the word for me. it was right there. tied late, probably couldn't draw it up better to have a chance to win, it was almost like a wait, what just happened moment. going from 2 minutes to 1 minute of game was just heart breaking.
                  That's probably my word too.

For as good as this team was, we were wildly inconsistent in-game all year. There were runs where the offense looked like and world beaters and the defense looked terrific. But all of a sudden both ends would disappear for stretches. That seems to be a trait even before TJ got here. If we could fix that we'd have won at least one tournament game already

Comment

That's probably my word too.

For as good as this team was, we were wildly inconsistent in-game all year. There were runs where the offense looked like and world beaters and the defense looked terrific. But all of a sudden both ends would disappear for stretches. That seems to be a trait even before TJ got here. If we could fix that we'd have won at least one tournament game already
                    We were 28-6. Id take inconsistent every year.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      We were 28-6. Id take inconsistent every year.
                      I never said it wasn't a great year.

You'll notice I said "in-game." We can survive that in conference and against lesser opponents. If we want to beat the big boys, we need to be consistent from possession to possession.

Comment

Of the tournament games I can remember I would say this was State's best performance. I feel like it took a really good game from Ohio St to pull this off. If they would have just had their B game that wouldn't have been enough today. Not saying State played perfect or anything like that, there seemed to be too many turnovers (I'm not sure how many they had) but I thought you represented yourselves well. Normally when you see the 12-5 upsets the #5 shoots really poorly and plays tight, I didn't see that today. That's probably why Ohio St had just enough. Jenkins picked up where he left off against USD, too bad he didn't keep that going all day. Not looking forward to 3 more years of that guy.

Comment

I think the word people may be looking for is "unsatisfied." This was a game the Jacks going in had a legitimate shot to win and didn't do it.

Like I posted in the other thread: "Unfinished business."
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks to the Seniors too. We don't get to where we are with out there effort and sacrifice. All were important part of SDSU the last few years. Crazy how fast time goes when you think about it.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I will say the same thing I said about the football team.....offense wins games and defense wins championships. Both teams were extremely fun to watch, but ultimately our potential was going to be limited by our defense. When you look at how our season played out, I feel we got stronger because our defense got better. I know we were limited by a shorter bench and to some degree athleticism but defense is also heart. If you have the skill set to blow by someone on the offensive end you most likely are good enough to stop someone on the defensive end.

Hopefully with Dillon next year we will have a little more rim protection as he was well known for his defense in high school. I also think Jenkins a year older will take more pride in his overall game versus just the offensive end. But I feel the bigger change probably will need to come from TJ. I feel as he becomes more experienced as a coach he will start to place more and more emphasis on the defensive end. You have to excel at more than one facet of the game to win in the tournament. ....we will get there.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                                I will say the same thing I said about the football team.....offense wins games and defense wins championships. Both teams were extremely fun to watch, but ultimately our potential was going to be limited by our defense. When you look at how our season played out, I feel we got stronger because our defense got better. I know we were limited by a shorter bench and to some degree athleticism but defense is also heart. If you have the skill set to blow by someone on the offensive end you most likely are good enough to stop someone on the defensive end.

Hopefully with Dillon next year we will have a little more rim protection as he was well known for his defense in high school. I also think Jenkins a year older will take more pride in his overall game versus just the offensive end. But I feel the bigger change probably will need to come from TJ. I feel as he becomes more experienced as a coach he will start to place more and more emphasis on the defensive end. You have to excel at more than one facet of the game to win in the tournament. ....we will get there.
                                I would say the game plan worked. Made them shoot 3s they didn't want to shoot, gave a chance for us. only problem with long shots is long rebounds which we struggled with.

Defense with guys like King and Key are both going to be huge for ball pressure next year. I think our Defense got better, just not good enough for a game like this. I don't know if nerves or what but we looked a little slow or flat footed, Key was the only one really out there with some hop in his step.

If he doesn't score like that we probably are talking about how we were blown out in this game. The moment just seemed a little to big, and rushed some shots and that's the game. We work for a better shot on offense and we might very well be there with the W.

Comment

Working...
                                X