Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tour

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I would say the game plan worked. Made them shoot 3s they didn't want to shoot, gave a chance for us. only problem with long shots is long rebounds which we struggled with.

Defense with guys like King and Key are both going to be huge for ball pressure next year. I think our Defense got better, just not good enough for a game like this. I don't know if nerves or what but we looked a little slow or flat footed, Key was the only one really out there with some hop in his step.

If he doesn't score like that we probably are talking about how we were blown out in this game. The moment just seemed a little to big, and rushed some shots and that's the game. We work for a better shot on offense and we might very well be there with the W.
    I will leave it at this, according to the OSU board, they made 4 of their last 23 3 pointers. Even if they shot a pedestrian 33% it is a 20 point loss. How many P-5 teams will shoot bricks like that? Our game plan worked so I have to give him credit, but when your plan is "have as many uncontested 3's as you want" ....it just doesn't seem conducive to pulling off tournament upsets. Either way...very proud of the Jacks today.

Comment

• Re: GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tour

When you need to be firing on all cylinders and one of your starters plays 26 minutes and doesn't score, it's tough. Not blaming him, but we needed the shots to fall from everyone. 4-17 from your second leading scorer doesn't help either. It happens. Looking forward to next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
        I will leave it at this, according to the OSU board, they made 4 of their last 23 3 pointers. Even if they shot a pedestrian 33% it is a 20 point loss. How many P-5 teams will shoot bricks like that? Our game plan worked so I have to give him credit, but when your plan is "have as many uncontested 3's as you want" ....it just doesn't seem conducive to pulling off tournament upsets. Either way...very proud of the Jacks today.
        That's why game plans are made for each team. Of course you aren't going to play that way against a power 5 that can shoot the 3. OSU isn't known as a perimeter team. Had they guarded that, OSU would have killed us inside and probably gotten Daum and Telly in foul trouble
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Did i hear the announcers say that we lost on a buzzer beater to ohio St in the ncaa tourney? Im assuming it was san diego st
          I heard that too, but don't believe San Diego State has even played them in tourney. VCU took them into OT in '15, but I'm not sure what he was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            Brown is getting more camera time than some if the starters.
            Well, his reactions were definitely camera-worthy, right? Seems like he'd be one to help fire up the bench.

Comment

Looking back, it sucked to give up the 4 point play after we tied it at 70. However, the possession after that really sucked. There was 1:30 left in the game and we were only down 4 and Reed jacked up a terrible look at 3 very early in the shot clock, like there was only 7 seconds left in the game or something. If we get a good look for 2, it's a one possession game and you don't even have to foul. Obviously the game didn't come down to that possession, but it was very unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Looking back, it sucked to give up the 4 point play after we tied it at 70. However, the possession after that really sucked. There was 1:30 left in the game and we were only down 4 and Reed jacked up a terrible look at 3 very early in the shot clock, like there was only 7 seconds left in the game or something. If we get a good look for 2, it's a one possession game and you don't even have to foul. Obviously the game didn't come down to that possession, but it was very unfortunate.
                How about the possession after that where we fouled a guy shooting a three that missed. Cost us three points vs 1 when he made the shot.

Long story short we had three stretches where we didn’t play well and let it slip away. Gotta be darned near perfect to pull an upset like we needed.

Comment

I agree - I don't remember what our timeout situation was at that point, but it would have been a good place to take one. It seemed like that 4 point play really unsettled us and a timeout could have calmed things down and developed a better plan offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    How about the possession after that where we fouled a guy shooting a three that missed. Cost us three points vs 1 when he made the shot.

Long story short we had three stretches where we didn’t play well and let it slip away. Gotta be darned near perfect to pull an upset like we needed.
                    Exactly. Not to mention that we gave up an offensive rebound that led to that 3.

Comment

Exactly. Not to mention that we gave up an offensive rebound that led to that 3.
                      Yep. Coulda shoulda. There was a handful of long O-boards that cost us.

Comment

When you force a team to take long shots that usually means longg rebounds attempts. One side effect of taking long jumpers and we didn't deal with it as well as it needed to be.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think the camera is mounted on the ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            I think the camera is mounted on the ceiling.
                            It's gotta be close. Watching the Buffalo/AZ game, maybe we would have been better off playing against AZ. Although Buffalo matches up with them better than we would have. Gotta give credit to Ohio State, they played very well.

Comment

Watching the Buffalo game. 2 things. Agreed. The camer angle is horrible. And what ever buffalo took caffeine or cocaine or what but they are playing crazy intensity level. They can't miss and are out working Arizona big time.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Our least efficient scorer on a percentage basis hurt us today. Long fade aways jumpers and pull ups look cool when they go in. Problem is those shots go in at a lower rate than open ones. Before crucifying me go check the season statistics and see who has the lowest FG% on this years team.

Jenkins is an incredible talent, great shooter, clutch scorer, and potential summit league MPV type player. This team would be better if he passed up his typically early in the shot clock tough shot for a teammates better look at times. I'd love to see improved shot selection, an uptick in assists, and some defensive effort in his sophomore campaign.

Comment

Working...
                                X