Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tour

man was Key the MVP, he kept us in this game. Let Daum do daum things. Needed more telly and flatten and rebounding. When we were hitting front rim on those tired legs in the 2nd half was tough to climb out of. ran out of gas with a minute to go. atleast we had a chance. Just feel like it was there for the taking. This one is going to sting for awhile.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Re: GDT: THE SDSU Jackrabbits #12 vs Ohio State Buckeyes #5 @ the Taco Barn NCAA Tour

Guy's just didn't keep the intensity level where it needed to be the whole game. Can't have let downs like we had in the second half and expect to win.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by TennesseeJackrabbit View Post
        Games like this make me ashamed... We were the better team, we shot ourselves in the foot, made a lot of dumb mistakes, hopefully daum comes back next year and we may actually win a tournament game
        Games like Kansas and Whitchita state are what really help prep us for this situation. hopefully we have a few good games next year we need to be able to play at that level. The rest of the summit doesn't do enough to prepare the team for the tournament.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

4-17 and 2-10 from 3 isn’t going to get it done no matter who you are playing. I like it when Jenkins gets to the rim but he was just throwing shots up and hoping to get the foul called and never got called.

Comment

the game was closer the the final score showed. Just a unlucky foul, and a long rebound leads to another 3 attempt and the game ends rather anticlimactically. ugh, and I still have 3 hours of work to go. Good thing its a slow day at work.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Games like Kansas and Whitchita state are what really help prep us for this situation. hopefully we have a few good games next year we need to be able to play at that level. The rest of the summit doesn't do enough to prepare the team for the tournament.
              I agree with ya there, it seems like even though we (and other summit league teams) have potential (and have beat) power 5 teams we just seem uncomfortable and make mistakes in games like this. The Maryland game a few years ago was similar, we could've beaten them but their level of competition is consistently much higher.
              The JACKEDRABBITS aren't that cute.. we can be mean too!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                We need to win more of those games as well so we can get a better seed. Being in the double digits doesn't do us any favors
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Games like this make me ashamed... We were the better team, we shot ourselves in the foot, made a lot of dumb mistakes, hopefully daum comes back next year and we may actually win a tournament game
                  Never be ashamed - the Jacks effort can't be questioned. Made a few bad decisions that killed them.

Comment

Why would you be ashamed. We hung with a top big 10 team. We did some stupid stuff in the last couple minutes but its nothing to be ashamed about

Comment

Just numb!

That was a real lost opportunity. Letting them go on those long runs were killers. Would have loved to see them slow it down, call a set play, and stall those runs. They didn't beat us, we kind of beat ourselves. That hurts.

Hats off to Key, he was fantastic today. Daum was too.

Ugh! Was just sure that this was the year we advanced. Feel bad for the coaches and players. They gave us one hell of a season. Once for the record books. The end just wasn't how we wanted it.

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Yup. Those might be the game right there. Need some real heroics now.
                        Unfortunately turned out to be true. That killed any momentum we had going.

Comment

Did i hear the announcers say that we lost on a buzzer beater to ohio St in the ncaa tourney? Im assuming it was san diego st

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Why would you be ashamed. We hung with a top big 10 team. We did some stupid stuff in the last couple minutes but its nothing to be ashamed about
                            Well to respond to both of y'all I didn't mean I was ashamed to be a fan or anything like that, I meant more in the fact that we didn't perform to our potential, We could've played better and I think we should've won. I'm glad we hung with them, but its time to hanging with good teams (Wichita State, Kansas, even Michigan a few years ago, Zaga-the first half at least), I think we're should be taking the next step and finishing those games-likes we could've today.
                            The JACKEDRABBITS aren't that cute.. we can be mean too!

Comment

Ashamed? Yikes. Tough crowd!

Loved the comeback - hated the fouls on back to back 3’s. So damn close.

That was a fun season - we’re pretty fortunate as fans. Hopefully the next step comes next year. Come on back Daum and top off a team that will be loaded to get it done.

Comment

Yeah, ashamed is a strong. And consider who is saying that. That' said, though, nobody should be satisfied. It was a huge opportunity squandered with some truly stupid fouls and other bad decisions down the stretch. And it wouldn't have hurt to grab the occasional rebound this afternoon. So this is nothing to take pride in. Beating the spread should no longer be a moral victory for us. This should be a disappointing outcome. But not ashamed. Hopefully this feeling sticks and is remembered a year from today and used to forge that extra it takes to put us over the the top in an NCAA tourney game.
                                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X