2018 Softball Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Softball Season

How about some props to the softball team. After several years of mediocrity, the team has started the 2018 campaign off nicely. After a 19-35 2017 campaign, the Jackrabbits sit at 14-7 with eight non-conference games to go before they enter conference play. Coach Wood seems to have the team turned around and in the right direction!

Re: 2018 Softball Season

Coach Wood is a rising star. Not sure she’ll get them to be at NDSUs caliber but they’ll be very competitive soon.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
      How about some props to the softball team. After several years of mediocrity, the team has started the 2018 campaign off nicely. After a 19-35 2017 campaign, the Jackrabbits sit at 14-7 with eight non-conference games to go before they enter conference play. Coach Wood seems to have the team turned around and in the right direction!
      Mediocrity is putting it nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Coach Wood is a rising star. Not sure she’ll get them to be at NDSUs caliber but they’ll be very competitive soon.
        Yes she is a rising star and very motivational. I sat at her table at the endowment banquet a couple years back. She done a good job at Wayne State in Nebraska.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 03-13-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
          Looks like the women are now 27 - 12 (8 - 3 conference) after the weekend sweep of Fort Wayne. They've yet to play a home game!!

Comment

Originally posted by IowaRabbit View Post
            Looks like the women are now 27 - 12 (8 - 3 conference) after the weekend sweep of Fort Wayne. They've yet to play a home game!!
            Wow, almost 40 road games, great record and I'm sure they are keeping up with their studies. Amazing job ladies, I for one will try to find a way to one of their home games when they get here. Nice turn around coach Wood and crew, keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
              Wow, almost 40 road games, great record and I'm sure they are keeping up with their studies. Amazing job ladies, I for one will try to find a way to one of their home games when they get here. Nice turn around coach Wood and crew, keep it up!
              I drove by the softball and baseball fields and there is still some snow. Softball team playing DSU in Sioux Falls today. Both Softball and Baseball are away over this coming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaRabbit View Post
                Pretty incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

It is really great to see how Coach Wood and staff have brought this program right up near the top of the league. Have been able to get to several of the out-of-town games, and they are fun to watch. Will be a really crucial trip to Western Illinois. WIU has been having a solid season and will be a real challenge. After this weekend, they should finally get a few home games...amazing how well they have done with how difficult their season has been.

Comment

The womens softball team took 2 of 3 from Conference leading W. Ill, split 1-1 with non- conference UND to end the regular season at 32-14, 10-4 in conference with 1 of their games between the Jacks and Bison cancelled due to weather. The Conference season ends May 6 with the final game of a W. Ill vs NDSU three game series in Fargo. The Conference regular season Championship is still up for grabs by W. Ill (9-3) , SDSU at second place (10-4),and the Bison (7-3), depending what happens in the W.Ill /Bison series.

If the Championship ends up unresolved due to the cancelled game due to weather between the Bison and the Jacks, then I assume a make-up game will be in order. It's absolutely an amazing job , the turn-around from last yr, no matter what happens, congratulations to both the players and Coaching Staff for a great season.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      The womens softball team took 2 of 3 from Conference leading W. Ill, split 1-1 with non- conference UND to end the regular season at 32-14, 10-4 in conference with 1 of their games between the Jacks and Bison cancelled due to weather. The Conference season ends May 6 with the final game of a W. Ill vs NDSU three game series in Fargo. The Conference regular season Championship is still up for grabs by W. Ill (9-3) , SDSU at second place (10-4),and the Bison (7-3), depending what happens in the W.Ill /Bison series.i

If the Championship ends up unresolved due to the cancelled game due to weather between the Bison and the Jacks, then I assume a make-up game will be in order. It's absolutely an amazing job , the turn-around from last yr, no matter what happens, congratulations to both the players and Coaching Staff for a great season.
                      Another Ditto to this post.
                      Reps pts given. Coach Wood is a great person.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Another Ditto to this post.
                        Reps pts given. Coach Wood is a great person.
                        I don't think the season can end in a tie. If Western Ill wins 2 or 3 games in the series they are the champs with a 11-4 or 12-3 record and SDSU finishes second at 10-4. If Western only wins 1, SDSU is the Champ at 10-4 with Western at 10-5 and NDSU at 9-4. If NDSU wins all 3 than they are the champs at 10-3, SDSU second at 10-4 and Western 3rd at 9-6. So Jacks can do no worse than 2nd and with a little luck can win the regular season title.

Comment

I just thought each team was supposed to play the same number of games before they would hand out a regular season Championship , but what do I know? Then, this can happen in any sport if there's a weather related cancellation? It just seems like an odd situation to me.Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                            I don't think the season can end in a tie. If Western Ill wins 2 or 3 games in the series they are the champs with a 11-4 or 12-3 record and SDSU finishes second at 10-4. If Western only wins 1, SDSU is the Champ at 10-4 with Western at 10-5 and NDSU at 9-4. If NDSU wins all 3 than they are the champs at 10-3, SDSU second at 10-4 and Western 3rd at 9-6. So Jacks can do no worse than 2nd and with a little luck can win the regular season title.
                            A reasonable explanation at any rate, a vast improvement over last year.

Comment

Does a Bison win on Sunday give them the title?

Comment

Working...
                              X