2018 Softball Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Softball Season

yes a Bison win makes the Bison the champs. A bison loss makes the Jacks the champion

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
      yes a Bison win makes the Bison the champs. A bison loss makes the Jacks the champion
      Go Leathernecks!
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

The Bison have won 7 out of 8 conference games. And all 7 wins have been shutouts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          The Bison have won 7 out of 8 conference games. And all 7 wins have been shutouts.
          A nasty bunch of pitchers. Through 5 innnings, Bison lead 2-0. The Bison pitcher has a no hitter so far.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 05-06-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Bison score 2 more in the fifth and now lead 4-0. I am watching stats at GoBison.com. NDSU pitcher has an ERA of less than 2.00. I think I saw 1.67. Awesome pitcher imo.

Comment

Jacks have awesome hitters, 3 of top 4 batting avg last I checked,good eye for ball,don't swing at junk.It'll come down to these two,NDSU and SDSU in my opinion for the Tournament, they should be #1 and #2 seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Bison score 2 more in the fifth and now lead 4-0. I am watching stats at GoBison.com. NDSU pitcher has an ERA of less than 2.00. I think I saw 1.67. Awesome pitcher imo.
                Must be a slow day in Volga.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Jacks have awesome hitters, 3 of top 4 batting avg last I checked,good eye for ball,don't swing at junk.It'll come down to these two,NDSU and SDSU in my opinion for the Tournament, they should be #1 and #2 seeds.
                  Your prediction is correct. SDSU vs NDSU in Championship game(s) for Summit League. We have to win two but have the hitting to do so (came back today against Omaho down 4-2 in top of 7th and scored 3 runs. And held them in the bottom of 7th to win 5-4. Go Jacks

Comment

Jacks trail 6-1,hard to beat the Bison at home, their program went to a higher level when we were struggling to compete, but we have made huge strides under coach Woods and the future is bright.We jumped out to a 1-0 lead on solo HR ,but against Elite pitching ,it was a solo HR, hard to get people on base.Then we load the bases, things finally looking great and Sertic strikes out the next three batters, good hitters, just not the Jacks day so far. One dominate pitcher is enough to win the Summit, might need another one and the rest strong pitchers in the NCAA Tournament. This Tournament though was Sertic 2-0 over the Jacks, she was dominate, really good stuff, but more importantly a very crafty pitcher.

The Bison softball program, much like our WBB program, has a wealth of experience from playing the best from past NCAA tournaments and scheduling them also to draw from, that's bad news to the rest of the Summit until you get there also with your program. That competition is needed to make the Summit strong enough to get it's conference champ a few wins in the NCAA's. The Bison in Summit league softball have that target on their backs, and they welcome it to get even better. Great season Jacks, we are headed down the right path.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      Jacks trail 6-1,hard to beat the Bison at home, their program went to a higher level when we were struggling to compete, but we have made huge strides under coach Woods and the future is bright.We jumped out to a 1-0 lead on solo HR ,but against Elite pitching ,it was a solo HR, hard to get people on base.Then we load the bases, things finally looking great and Sertic strikes out the next three batters, good hitters, just not the Jacks day so far. One dominate pitcher is enough to win the Summit, might need another one and the rest strong pitchers in the NCAA Tournament. This Tournament though was Sertic 2-0 over the Jacks, she was dominate, really good stuff, but more importantly a very crafty pitcher.

The Bison softball program, much like our WBB program, has a wealth of experience from playing the best from past NCAA tournaments and scheduling them also to draw from, that's bad news to the rest of the Summit until you get there also with your program. That competition is needed to make the Summit strong enough to get it's conference champ a few wins in the NCAA's. The Bison in Summit league softball have that target on their backs, and they welcome it to get even better. Great season Jacks, we are headed down the right path.
                      Another slow day in Volga JackGuyII, so was noising around the gobison.com, their coach Durren Mueller has a 571-315 record in 16 seasons, so has done something right. He parallels AJ in that that he won a D2 NC in 2002 but playoff competition much more difficult at D1 level. BTW I live in Peckerville Arlington not Dogpatch Volga Hopefully Coach Wood will hang around long enough to match Mueller's record.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Another slow day in Volga JackGuyII, so was noising around the gobison.com, their coach Durren Mueller has a 571-315 record in 16 seasons, so has done something right. He parallels AJ in that that he won a D2 NC in 2002 but playoff competition much more difficult at D1 level. BTW I live in Peckerville Arlington not Dogpatch Volga Hopefully Coach Wood will hang around long enough to match Mueller's record.
                        Several of my fellow HS students convinced another that that was Arlington National Cemetery (along Hwy 14), I kid you not. Circa 1962-3.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                          Several of my fellow HS students convinced another that that was Arlington National Cemetery (along Hwy 14), I kid you not. Circa 1962-3.
                          Was this guy a snipe hunter too?

Comment

2018 Softball Season

The ladies get into their first postseason tournament! Headed to the NISC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by thumper_76; 05-14-2018, 12:13 PM.
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              The ladies get into their first postseason tournament! Headed to the NSIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              What a pleasant surprise! I wonder if they suspected this coming, I guessing they did.

Comment

The tournament is the NISC, National Invitational Softball Championship, brought to you by the WNIT folks, Triple Crown Sports. No relation to the NSIC, that D-II conference.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X