Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Softball Season

Default 2018 Softball Season

How about some props to the softball team. After several years of mediocrity, the team has started the 2018 campaign off nicely. After a 19-35 2017 campaign, the Jackrabbits sit at 14-7 with eight non-conference games to go before they enter conference play. Coach Wood seems to have the team turned around and in the right direction!

Default Re: 2018 Softball Season

Coach Wood is a rising star. Not sure she’ll get them to be at NDSUs caliber but they’ll be very competitive soon.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    How about some props to the softball team. After several years of mediocrity, the team has started the 2018 campaign off nicely. After a 19-35 2017 campaign, the Jackrabbits sit at 14-7 with eight non-conference games to go before they enter conference play. Coach Wood seems to have the team turned around and in the right direction!
    Mediocrity is putting it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Coach Wood is a rising star. Not sure she’ll get them to be at NDSUs caliber but they’ll be very competitive soon.
    Yes she is a rising star and very motivational. I sat at her table at the endowment banquet a couple years back. She done a good job at Wayne State in Nebraska.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 03-13-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Looks like the women are now 27 - 12 (8 - 3 conference) after the weekend sweep of Fort Wayne. They've yet to play a home game!!

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRabbit View Post
    Looks like the women are now 27 - 12 (8 - 3 conference) after the weekend sweep of Fort Wayne. They've yet to play a home game!!
    Wow, almost 40 road games, great record and I'm sure they are keeping up with their studies. Amazing job ladies, I for one will try to find a way to one of their home games when they get here. Nice turn around coach Wood and crew, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Wow, almost 40 road games, great record and I'm sure they are keeping up with their studies. Amazing job ladies, I for one will try to find a way to one of their home games when they get here. Nice turn around coach Wood and crew, keep it up!
    I drove by the softball and baseball fields and there is still some snow. Softball team playing DSU in Sioux Falls today. Both Softball and Baseball are away over this coming weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRabbit View Post
    Pretty incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

It is really great to see how Coach Wood and staff have brought this program right up near the top of the league. Have been able to get to several of the out-of-town games, and they are fun to watch. Will be a really crucial trip to Western Illinois. WIU has been having a solid season and will be a real challenge. After this weekend, they should finally get a few home games...amazing how well they have done with how difficult their season has been.

The womens softball team took 2 of 3 from Conference leading W. Ill, split 1-1 with non- conference UND to end the regular season at 32-14, 10-4 in conference with 1 of their games between the Jacks and Bison cancelled due to weather. The Conference season ends May 6 with the final game of a W. Ill vs NDSU three game series in Fargo. The Conference regular season Championship is still up for grabs by W. Ill (9-3) , SDSU at second place (10-4),and the Bison (7-3), depending what happens in the W.Ill /Bison series.

If the Championship ends up unresolved due to the cancelled game due to weather between the Bison and the Jacks, then I assume a make-up game will be in order. It's absolutely an amazing job , the turn-around from last yr, no matter what happens, congratulations to both the players and Coaching Staff for a great season.
    "striving to make SDSUFans.com a better place"..... aka "Homer Rabbit"

"AiNt NO fuN wHeN the Rabbit gOt tHe GuN "

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
    Alan Greenspan