2018 Softball Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Softball Season

They are not wasting time with scheduling this event. The ladies play Wednesday in Greely, CO. Northern Colorado is hosting one of four regional sites.

Wednesday, May 16
    Region 1: Greeley, CO (Northern Colorado Hosts)
    South Dakota State (32-16) at Colorado State (26-21), 5 p.m. ET
    Northern Colorado (28-26) at Loyola Marymount (28-23-1), 8 p.m. ET

Region 2: Las Vegas, NV (UNLV Hosts)
    Utah Valley (21-29) at Weber State (27-24), 3 p.m. ET
    Nevada (25-25) at UC Riverside (33-22), 6 p.m. ET
    Utah Valley/Weber State at UNLV (31-18), 9 p.m. ET

Thursday, May 17
    Region 3: Richmond, KY (Eastern Kentucky Hosts)

Towson (40-17) at Austin Peay (39-17), 3 p.m. ET
    Toledo (34-21) at Eastern Kentucky (40-18), 6 p.m. ET

Region 4: Conway, AR (Central Arkansas Hosts)
    Stephen F. Austin (31-22) at Texas Tech (29-26), 4 p.m. ET
    Central Arkansas (27-25) at UT Arlington (27-26), 7 p.m. ET

Championship Round - Wednesday, May 23 - Saturday May 26 (May 27 inclement weather day)

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      The tournament is the NISC, National Invitational Softball Championship, brought to you by the WNIT folks, Triple Crown Sports. No relation to the NSIC, that D-II conference.
      Whoops, my bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

"All right, everybody on the bus" Ten hours out, ten hours back, yikes! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
          Several of my fellow HS students convinced another that that was Arlington National Cemetery (along Hwy 14), I kid you not. Circa 1962-3.
          While in the military attending a military school for my Military Occupational Specialty, once in awhile , the class would be interrupted by a knock on the door, the instructor would inquire as to the nature of the students visit ,and he'd state he'd been sent on a mission to ask for something really silly, a couple I remember were "a box of coordinates", another was some "frequency grease",etc. The class would of course chuckle and of course our instructor would state he was out too and send him on his merry way to the next class to try and borrow from them whatever silly thing he was sent to get. It really was a nice little break from the monotony of course material ,and the poor kid wasn't overly embarrassed ,and was sent on his way, maybe perplexed by the laughter, I think he figured it was a joke pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            While in the military attending a military school for my Military Occupational Specialty, once in awhile , the class would be interrupted by a knock on the door, the instructor would inquire as to the nature of the students visit ,and he'd state he'd been sent on a mission to ask for something really silly, a couple I remember were "a box of coordinates", another was some "frequency grease",etc. The class would of course chuckle and of course our instructor would state he was out too and send him on his merry way to the next class to try and borrow from them whatever silly thing he was sent to get. It really was a nice little break from the monotony of course material ,and the poor kid wasn't overly embarrassed ,and was sent on his way, maybe perplexed by the laughter, I think he figured it was a joke pretty fast.
            Yeah, you'd see all kinds in the military. As a ROTC grad-Ft. Benning-Ft. Carson-Ft. Sherman-RVN, I became firmly convinced that every unit had at least one designated Gomer Pyle.

Comment

Hey Jack fans, if you haven't done it already, go to the link below to vote for Krista Woods as national softball coach of the year. Unfortunately, I assume a lot of the board is on hiatus now, but it wouldn't take a huge volume, as the leading candidate is about 100 votes ahead of Krista, who is in second place right now. Voting closes Thursday at midnight. I haven't tried voting a second time, but will try tomorrow. Here's the link:

hro.io/2rIEns2 #NCAASoftball

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                Hey Jack fans, if you haven't done it already, go to the link below to vote for Krista Woods as national softball coach of the year. Unfortunately, I assume a lot of the board is on hiatus now, but it wouldn't take a huge volume, as the leading candidate is about 100 votes ahead of Krista, who is in second place right now. Voting closes Thursday at midnight. I haven't tried voting a second time, but will try tomorrow. Here's the link:

hro.io/2rIEns2 #NCAASoftball
                Hero Sports is a 1 vote per device site (I'm familiar with the site.) I voted earlier today on my phone and just voted again on my laptop. So if you have a laptop, phone, and pad, you can vote 3 times. (If you have a work computer, vote on there, too. )
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Yeah, you'd see all kinds in the military. As a ROTC grad-Ft. Benning-Ft. Carson-Ft. Sherman-RVN, I became firmly convinced that every unit had at least one designated Gomer Pyle.
                  Anyone got a vacuum stretcher or a bucket of steam? Gomer aka Jim Nabors had a very good singing voice.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 05-15-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I found the game on the pluto tv app on roku if anyone is interested in watching. First pitch in a few minutes.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Jacks chase the starting pitcher after a third of an inning...lead 5-0.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Jacks chase the starting pitcher after a third of an inning...lead 5-0.
                        Thanks for the tip. 11-0 top of 5th.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. 11-0 top of 5th.
                          Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Jacks lose to LMU, but come back to beat CSU 7-3 in an elimination game. Fought back from 3-0 deficit. Play LMU again tomorrow.

Comment

Jacks hold on to defeat LMU 6-5. LMU had a runner on 2nd with one out in the last inning. #3 hitter hit a deep fly to right center that was caught. Runner on 2nd left early trying to advance...ball game! Next game in 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                Jacks lose to LMU, but come back to beat CSU 7-3 in an elimination game. Fought back from 3-0 deficit. Play LMU again tomorrow.
                                Jacks win 6-5 over LMU, will play again shortly. GBGBGJ

Comment

Working...
                                X