X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rnd 1: OHIO STATE

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit
    Is that noon Boise time?
    No time has been determined. 5dimes had all games times at 12:00pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
      The 3 that are bold and larger play 30 min or more a game. The two that are bold are the other 2 over 20 min.
      Looks like they play 8 guys consistenty.
      With their 3 man only being 6'4, the Jacks could probably go small with King, Jenkins and Key all in the game together like they did at times in Sioux Falls.

Comment

It will obviously take one of our best games of the year to get a win, but it’s nice to face a team not loaded with NBA talent or 7-footers. If the 3’s are falling this should be a good one.

Comment

3pm our time on thur on TNT

Comment

3:00 Thursday afternoon on TNT.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              It will obviously take one of our best games of the year to get a win, but it’s nice to face a team not loaded with NBA talent or 7-footers. If the 3’s are falling this should be a good one.
              Avoiding teams with length is the best case scenario for the Jacks.

Comment

It seems like Google always list several fan forums for the majors. Here is one that I found. So far, we are getting some respect, but I want to know, what is wrong with white guys jacking up threes?

https://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/...-basketball.7/
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

fivethrirtyeight.com gives the Jacks a 23% chance of beating the Buckeyes. Winning one out of four times seems about right.

Comment

Ticket office is open till 8pm tonight to take ticket requests.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      With their 3 man only being 6'4, the Jacks could probably go small with King, Jenkins and Key all in the game together like they did at times in Sioux Falls.
                      Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                      Wonder if there will be any lingering effects of Tate's shoulder injury that could impact his minutes.
                      Hello from Buckeye country. I come in peace.

Tate is the "3 man" mentioned in the first post. There are no lingering effects from his shoulder injury. He is 6'4", but he plays like a quick, high-motor power forward who only goes left. Excellent 1-on-1 player, especially around the rim, but he is virtually no threat to shoot jumpers.

The key player for us is, unsurprisingly, Keita Bates-Diop. He's 6'7" with a 7'2" wingspan and is equally comfortable whether inside or out, shooting jumpers, posting up, or driving. His bread and butter is the mid-range jumper. What he doesn't get enough credit for is his defense. He's outstanding with his long arms and can make up a lot of ground very quickly because of his reach. My guess is KBD will face Daum a bit because of his length. Otherwise, we'll go with a couple bench frontcourt players because our starting center, while beefy, is not quick enough to roam the perimeter on defense.

OSU's soft spots:

1. We have no real true point guard, and we have nearly no depth at that position. Our backup point guard is Dan Dakich's son Andrew. He will likely play about 18 minutes, but he's unathletic and won't be a threat to score. To be sure, he's a defensive liability. Our starting guard is more of an off-guard in CJ Jackson. He's capable and can get hot from outside, but he'll also have very quiet games.

2. OSU's defense of athletic, strong small forwards who can score. The Buckeyes lost three times to PSU because we could not contain their shooting guards/forwards. PSU shot a combined 50%+ behind the arc those games, which certainly is cause for concern going into Thursday. The Jackrabbits can give us a lot of problems from deep.

Where the Jackrabbits should be concerned about OSU:

1. SDSU must have strong 2-point defense. KBD, Tate, and Kaleb Wesson (our center) are very good scorers inside 8 feet. Our guards Jackson and Williams can get hot behind the arc, but our strength is the interior.

Anyway, good luck on Thursday. I expect that it will be a good, close game.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU_Buckguy View Post

Tate is the "3 man" mentioned in the first post. There are no lingering effects from his shoulder injury. He is 6'4", but he plays like a quick, high-motor power forward who only goes left. Excellent 1-on-1 player, especially around the rim, but he is virtually no threat to shoot jumpers.

The key player for us is, unsurprisingly, Keita Bates-Diop. He's 6'7" with a 7'2" wingspan and is equally comfortable whether inside or out, shooting jumpers, posting up, or driving. His bread and butter is the mid-range jumper. What he doesn't get enough credit for his defense. He's outstanding with his long arms and can make up a lot of ground very quickly because of his reach. My guess is KBD will face Daum a bit because of his length. Otherwise, we'll go with a couple bench frontcourt players because our starting center, while beefy, is not quick enough to roam the perimeter on defense.

OSU's soft spots:

1. We have no real true point guard, and we have nearly no depth at that position. Our backup point guard is Dan Dakich's son Andrew. He will likely play about 18 minutes, but he's unathletic and won't be a threat to score. To be sure, he's a defensive liability. Our starting guard is more of an off-guard in CJ Jackson. He's capable and can get hot from outside, but he'll also have very quiet games.

2. OSU's defense of athletic, strong small forwards who can score. The Buckeyes lost three times to PSU because we could not contain their shooting guards/forwards. PSU shot a combined 50%+ behind the arc those games, which certainly is cause for concern going into Thursday. The Jackrabbits can give us a lot of problems from deep.

1. SDSU must have strong 2-point defense. KBD, Tate, and Kaleb Wesson (our center) are very good scorers inside 8 feet. Our guards Jackson and Williams can get hot behind the arc, but our strength is the interior.

glad to hear from you and hope for a good game!

Comment

See you Saturday* for our rematch

Trust me ... SDSU was a MUCH tougher game in last year's dance than Ohio State was this year (who the Zags beat by 27 at the PK80 in Portland).

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=400986383

*Provided Gonzaga can get by UNC-Greensboro

Comment

Re: Hope there is a rematch!

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                            Trust me ... SDSU was a MUCH tougher game in last year's dance than Ohio State was this year (who the Zags beat by 27 at the PK80 in Portland).

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=400986383

*Provided Gonzaga can get by UNC-Greensboro
                            The score was 26-22 at the half and then the wheels came off -- the final was 66-46. I think you'd agree if you watched us play this year, that we've developed some new tools and I think this year's Jackrabbit team is a much improved and experienced team. We have a freshman from close to your neighborhood, David Jenkins Jr., (Tacoma WA), who is outstanding. But, enough on Gonzaga, we have to get by Ohio State first.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU_Buckguy View Post

The key player for us is, unsurprisingly, Keita Bates-Diop. He's 6'7" with a 7'2" wingspan and is equally comfortable whether inside or out, shooting jumpers, posting up, or driving. His bread and butter is the mid-range jumper. What he doesn't get enough credit for is his defense. He's outstanding with his long arms and can make up a lot of ground very quickly because of his reach. My guess is KBD will face Daum a bit because of his length. Otherwise, we'll go with a couple bench frontcourt players because our starting center, while beefy, is not quick enough to roam the perimeter on defense.

OSU's soft spots:

I had to laugh hearing you describe your back up point guard....."he's unathletic and won't be a threat to score. To be sure he is a defensive liability."

Good god, does he have any redeeming qualities? Lol

Comment

There is an added bonus if we win this game........It might shut Dan Dakich up!

Comment

Working...
                                X