Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rnd 1: OHIO STATE

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
    Did anyone who called the SDSU ticket office for tickets hear back today? When I called they said most likely would get a call back this afternoon.
    Yes. I got mine

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
      Yes. I got mine
      Just got my call now. All is good.

Comment

Interesting : https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/973284307472011264

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
          Just got my call now. All is good.
          Did they give you any indication when to expect to get an email with seat and pickup details?

Comment

Bates-Diop is going to be a tough matchup for Daum. Mike will still get his 20+ points, but we need him to do it efficiently. As we saw against Gonzaga last year, he'll likely be forced to take some tougher shots. Seems like when he gets a bona fide defender on him he tends to resort towards more fade away mid-range looks. Like I said, he will still get his points, but hopefully he can get some clean looks and Otz can figure out the best way to attack Bates-Diop.

The difference will come down to Jenkins, Skyler, and Telly. Most notably, Telly should have Kaleb Wesson guarding him while Wesson is in the game. Simply put, it's a huge matchup to exploit, and Telly has to knock down shots this year. He had a million open looks against Gonzaga and was just off. Reed is going to get open looks again this year.

I think the game is going to come down to us making open shots. I firmly believe we will get our looks from 3, but we can't come out shell shocked to start the game like we did against KU. If we shoot it at the rate we did against USD last week, this game will come down the wire. At the same time, I'm weary that we will settle and get glued to the 3 point line. I don't doubt that we will be get plenty of open looks, but if they're not dropping, we need to quickly figure out ways to get the ball on the block, and hopefully Jenkins can find success getting to the rim like he did in the SLT.

Comment

Kevin Kessler‏ @SoDakStBandMan 27m27 minutes ago More

• Copy link to Tweet
              • Embed Tweet

If you’re going to the Big Dance, you need a band! The Pep Band is packed up and ready to cheer on @GoJacksMBB #FindAWay #GoJackspic.twitter.com/KrURcY9kTe

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Number of D-1 schools that made the NCAA Tournament in Men’s & Women’s Basketball & earned a post-season bid in football this year: 14

Number of those schools from a Power 5 Conference: 13

The Only School from a Non-Power 5 Conference: @GoJacksSDSU
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

JackrabbitBasketball‏Verified account @GoJacksMBB 1h1 hour ago More

Comment

Ohio State fan here, just coming through to try to learn as much as I can about your team before our matchup on Thursday. I hope you can see that our knowledgeable fans have a great amount of respect for not only your program but also the particular challenge you bring on Thursday. Happy to answer any questions you have about our team, but for the most part it seems you have a general understanding of our genetic makeup. The only misconception I saw was the idea you could put Daum on Kaleb Wesson to avoid foul trouble, but that is the worst match-up for hiding foul trouble, Kaleb is in the 95% percentile in FTs drawn per possession. Anyways see ya soon.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityLoss View Post
                      Ohio State fan here, just coming through to try to learn as much as I can about your team before our matchup on Thursday. I hope you can see that our knowledgeable fans have a great amount of respect for not only your program but also the particular challenge you bring on Thursday. Happy to answer any questions you have about our team, but for the most part it seems you have a general understanding of our genetic makeup. The only misconception I saw was the idea you could put Daum on Kaleb Wesson to avoid foul trouble, but that is the worst match-up for hiding foul trouble, Kaleb is in the 95% percentile in FTs drawn per possession. Anyways see ya soon.
                      That's interesting to hear, thanks. It will be interesting to see who Daum guards, because he will need to stay out of foul trouble for us to have a chance. It will also be interesting to see if Bates-Diop guards Daum, if Daum can get him into foul trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                        I'm weary that we will settle and get glued to the 3 point line. I don't doubt that we will be get plenty of open looks, but if they're not dropping, we need to quickly figure out ways to get the ball on the block, and hopefully Jenkins can find success getting to the rim like he did in the SLT.
                        I hope we go with the game plan that we did against USD... it seemed like we made a much more concerted effort to get to the bucket with drives from Key, King, and Jenkins. In turn, that opened up the good looks from outside. Having Daum roam around the perimeter was the key to this, because the lane wasn't clogged up with Daum's defender and someone looking to double. I know that some people get frustrated when we don't just feed Daum in the post, but I think this team is much better off with having Daum creatively get himself to the post rather than a classic post up. The nice thing about Ohio State is they don't have a huge guy to clog the lane like some teams do (Gonzaga last year), so I think we should still be able to have some success driving the ball.

Comment

JackrabbitBasketball‏Verified account @GoJacksMBB 29m29 minutes ago More

• Copy link to Tweet
                          • Embed Tweet

The Jackrabbits have landed in Boise. Time to go to work #GoJacks #FindAWay #UnleashChaos #MarchMadness

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            That's interesting to hear, thanks. It will be interesting to see who Daum guards, because he will need to stay out of foul trouble for us to have a chance. It will also be interesting to see if Bates-Diop guards Daum, if Daum can get him into foul trouble.
                            The Buckeye big man, Wesson is going to go have to go out and guard someone on the perimeter, whether it be Daum, Telly or FLatten. If Daum and Telly are both out on the 3 point line, that doesn't leave any size to protect the rim, which should provide driving lanes for our guards. Don't know if they play much zone, but they may have to use one.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Traditionally, the best way to deal with KBD is having a perimeter defender on him and "choking" him when he catches in the post. Choking is when you double the post which causes the offensive player to retreat dribble out of the post then your second defender goes back to his original man. Guarding Daum will be interesting and probably dependant on how Kaleb Wesson does early on offense. I suspect we will quickly revert back to small ball so expect to see a slew of smaller defenders such as Tate or Andre Wesson on Daum. We also may see KBD guard Daum but as you pointed out we will avoid this because of potential foul concerns. We have occasionally gone to zone as a mix up, but do not expect to see that for more than a couple possessions at most.

Comment

The Jacks need to be the aggressor on offense and go after Ohio State with the intent on getting them in foul trouble. The rub there is they need to avoid foul trouble themselves. Get the ball in to Daum where he can create around the lane, kick out to an open player for a shot, or bounce out for an open shot. We tend to force things a bit at times and it can hurt us. Be aggressive but have to play smart.

Rebounding will be a huge stat in this game. We need to win the battle on the glass.

The seeds say this would be an upset but our team has some serious chops to do this. Getting the W would not be a surprise. In fact, I love the way our team is coming into the tournament where OSU is definitely not coming in hot. What will that mean? Maybe nothing but it may help us get off to a good start. The Jacks have done that in most games this year.

This is going to be a blast! Is it Thursday yet?

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X