Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rnd 1: OHIO STATE

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
    Brandon Key double double 12 points on 4-8 shooting and 4-4 free throws and 10 assists. He finds a way to have a stat line like that I really really like our chances.
    I could see this being a pretty regular stat line for him next year
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
      Brandon Key double double 12 points on 4-8 shooting and 4-4 free throws and 10 assists 3 rebounds and less than 2 turnovers. If he finds a way to have a stat line like that I really really like our chances.
      I like it. 4-4 on free throws may be a stretch...didn't take time to look up his season FT %, but it seems like he struggles a bit from the line.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        I like it. 4-4 on free throws may be a stretch...didn't take time to look up his season FT %, but it seems like he struggles a bit from the line.
        56/81. 69.1%

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          If he can improve his 3 point shooting he could be deadly. Especially in the Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            If he can improve his 3 point shooting he could be deadly. Especially in the Summit.
            Agreed - if he could improve his 3pt % and FT % that would really help him and everyone around him. Much like Tevin from last year to this year.

Comment

Whatever Tevin King did last summer, Key needs to repeat this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Whatever Tevin King did last summer, Key needs to repeat this summer.
                feel like Key to start the year was a little slow and not quick enough, but the last half of the season, he was pesky on defense and lets face it, his driving to the rim saved us since no one picked him up against western. he was great off the bench and plays some pesky defense, going again King everyday in practice maybe helped bring that out.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  feel like Key to start the year was a little slow and not quick enough, but the last half of the season, he was pesky on defense and lets face it, his driving to the rim saved us since no one picked him up against western. he was great off the bench and plays some pesky defense, going again King everyday in practice maybe helped bring that out.
                  I'm not sure slow and not quick enough would of ever come to my mind about Key? Maybe quick, fast and out of control?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                    I'm not sure slow and not quick enough would of ever come to my mind about Key? Maybe quick, fast and out of control?
                    Key needed time to realize the speed of his opponents. He found that he could not do what he had done at the JUCO level. The same could be said of his defense that needed to adjust to the next level.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

http://gojacks.com/news/2018/3/14/me...the-media.aspx

for those who missed the media coverage today
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        Key needed time to realize the speed of his opponents. He found that he could not do what he had done at the JUCO level. The same could be said of his defense that needed to adjust to the next level.
                        I think the speed of the Summit more closely resembles JUCO and therefore he had more success than against the P-5 guards of non-conference. Hopefully he has gauged things correctly as the season has gone along and will continue to make good choices. The speed of this game will more closely resemble the non-conference.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                          I think the speed of the Summit more closely resembles JUCO and therefore he had more success than against the P-5 guards of non-conference. Hopefully he has gauged things correctly as the season has gone along and will continue to make good choices. The speed of this game will more closely resemble the non-conference.
                          I think the big thing for Key and his success as the year went on was to figure out his role (ball control/break presses/distribute on offense, be a major annoyance to opponent's guards on defense) and adjust to D-I speed, length and height.

OK, two things.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            I think the big thing for Key and his success as the year went on was to figure out his role (ball control/break presses/distribute on offense, be a major annoyance to opponent's guards on defense) and adjust to D-I speed, length and height.

OK, two things.
                            He also figured out that he needed to finish at the rim now and again to keep defenses honest. If he can develop a better 3-pt shot he will be almost unstoppable in conference. For the season he is at 25%. Get him up to that 30-35% and you'll have to pick your poison with him. Although, IMO, I would rather see him become better from the FT line than behind the arc. We have plenty of guys that can shoot from deep. With his ability to drive to the basket, if he could make 75-80% from the line, his numbers could end up being really good.

Three Pt %
                            Lane Severyn 22 42 .524
                            Skyler Flatten 55 109 .505
                            Mike Daum 91 216 .421
                            Reed Tellinghuisen 62 157 .395
                            David Jenkins 82 212 .387
                            Ian Theisen 18 53 .340
                            Tevin King 18 56 .321
                            Brandon Key 9 36 .250

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

OK, two things.
                              As the season progressed he stopped the jump passes that almost assuredly resulted in turnovers and instead did a much better job of keeping his dribble. He also became a huge pest on defense.

Comment

As the season progressed he stopped the jump passes that almost assuredly resulted in turnovers and instead did a much better job of keeping his dribble. He also became a huge pest on defense.
                                He is one of those defenders you hate to play against but love to have on the team.

I am so glad that he was able to adapt and get more minutes. He looks to have fun while he is playing the game. Some on here may not like some of the dribbling he does as he brings the ball up, but I love watching it. He has some of the best "handles" we've seen in a guard. I am really excited to see him take the next step.

Comment

Working...
                                X