Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rnd 1: OHIO STATE

Originally posted by QualityLoss View Post
    I work in statistics so I obsess over numbers a little too much, here are the two pages of our respective teams (scroll down for individual stats)
    http://www.barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Ohio+St.
    http://www.barttorvik.com/team.php?team=South+Dakota+St.

Daum is at the 49th percentile compared to Wesson's 95th percentile because it is on per possession basis. Daum is getting significantly more minutes with significantly more usage which is causing the disparity also this can be expected based on playstyle as well, Daum works the perimeter while Kaleb is almost exclusively working out of the mid or low post.

EDIT: To clarify I was strictly talking about Daum staying out of foul trouble, not comparing them as players. There is no comparison between them, Daum is clearly far and away better.
    Is your screen name supposed to be some kind of slight?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Apparently Nagy is still our coach too.
      That is the strangest thing. A person goes through all the trouble to update records and stats, but cant change a name? Maybe the spelling of TJ's last name was too daunting
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

That same site has a page where they show the probability of each team advancing in the tournament. They give us a 19.7% chance against Ohio State. Most importantly, it gives us a 0.2% chance of making the final 4...

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          That same site has a page where they show the probability of each team advancing in the tournament. They give us a 19.7% chance against Ohio State. Most importantly, it gives us a 0.2% chance of making the final 4...

Might as well put 20 bucks on them to win the thing. Most sports books have us at a 100/1 to win.
          Last edited by SoDakJack; 03-13-2018, 05:45 PM. Reason: too many zeros

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            Is your screen name supposed to be some kind of slight?
            No, I did wonder if someone might take it as such. It is really just a reference to college football more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityLoss View Post
              Daum is at the 49th percentile compared to Wesson's 95th percentile because it is on per possession basis. Daum is getting significantly more minutes with significantly more usage which is causing the disparity also this can be expected based on playstyle as well, Daum works the perimeter while Kaleb is almost exclusively working out of the mid or low post.

EDIT: To clarify I was strictly talking about Daum staying out of foul trouble, not comparing them as players. There is no comparison between them, Daum is clearly far and away better.
              Ok, so minutes played factored in too. Daum has done alright with fouls this year, averaging 2.4 per game; although he did foul out against Ole Miss and Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks86 View Post
                Ok, so minutes played factored in too. Daum has done alright with fouls this year, averaging 2.4 per game; although he did foul out against Ole Miss and Denver.
                It helps Daum that most teams we play don't have a legit #5 who scores. Seems to me that most of the teams we play run the offense through a guard or forward.

Also, he can't be picking up any fouls on moving screens or player control fouls.

Comment

Rnd 1: OHIO STATE

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

Also, he can't be picking up any fouls on moving screens or player control fouls.
                  Especially because he’s fairly likely to pick up an early offensive foul being a little ambitious with push-offs (ala the SLT title game). Big stage, tons of emotion, different refs......
                  Last edited by Southeast; 03-13-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Good luck on Thursday, like your draw, out score these guys!
                    Looking forward to joining the Summit & MVFC.

Comment

• Re: Rnd 1: OHIO STATE

I just got a text from my daughter. The Jacks are practicing at her high school as I write this. She said they won't let the students watch, but she did sneak a peek. Pretty cool.

Comment

For those interested the press conference for the Jacks is about to start and it is being streamed live on Youtube. I have included a link for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdd9ruuU6TQ

Starting now.

Comment

Interesting all the possible matchups with Ohio State. It's been talked about trying to drive in and score and if you can't... Pass it back out for a 3. Ohio state is definitely a defensive team. Their top 3 scorers have 97 steals. Our top 3 scorers have 46 steals... but with Tevin King included, our top 4 scorers have 105 steals compared to Ohio State's 113 steals. Tevin Kings 59 steals are far more then anyone on Ohio State. Got to keep Tevin in the game. We have also played two more games then Ohio State... making our steals per game even fewer. Diop is a monster shot blocker so we have to be incredibly efficient at driving in and passing out for a three or this will be a long game.

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
                            Interesting all the possible matchups with Ohio State. It's been talked about trying to drive in and score and if you can't... Pass it back out for a 3. Ohio state is definitely a defensive team. Their top 3 scorers have 97 steals. Our top 3 scorers have 46 steals... but with Tevin King included, our top 4 scorers have 105 steals compared to Ohio State's 113 steals. Tevin Kings 59 steals are far more then anyone on Ohio State. Got to keep Tevin in the game. We have also played two more games then Ohio State... making our steals per game even fewer. Diop is a monster shot blocker so we have to be incredibly efficient at driving in and passing out for a three or this will be a long game.
                            Many times in games like this it is an unexpected kid that steps up with an incredible game. I'm wondering who that might be?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                              Many times in games like this it is an unexpected kid that steps up with an incredible game. I'm wondering who that might be?
                              It wouldn't be unexpected from our point view, but I think that Reed could be that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                                Brandon Key double double 12 points on 4-8 shooting and 4-4 free throws and 10 assists 3 rebounds and less than 2 turnovers. If he finds a way to have a stat line like that I really really like our chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X