Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rnd 1: OHIO STATE

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    There is an added bonus if we win this game........It might shut Dan Dakich up!
    Dakich - "I picked Ohio State as a final four team to start this season and I'm sticking with that prediction"

Everyone else on the set -

Not saying they're not a good team, but he might be the only analyst seriously picking Ohio State to the final four over Gonzaga, Xavier, and UNC.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
      I had to laugh hearing you describe your back up point guard....."he's unathletic and won't be a threat to score. To be sure he is a defensive liability."

Good god, does he have any redeeming qualities? Lol
      He gives our starter some rest. For the most part, that is it.

Listen, I hate to disparage any Buckeye player, especially one who doesn't cause any problems and is an overall good guy. But the truth is the truth. Dakich is primarily a warm body. He'll make some decent plays here and there, but the main way that he can help is by not being a net-negative. If your coach is not having Dakich's defender sag way off in order to help on the other players, he's making a big mistake.

Now watch Dakich go off for 12+ points. He is a 45% (14/31) shooter from three, after all.

Comment

Good to see you on this board, OSU Buckguy. Matt Zimmer is the SDSU beat writer at the Sioux Falls Argus Leader newspaper. He reports SDSU guard Tevin King goes back to Chicago AAU days with Bates-Diop so at least a couple of the players know each other.

Comment

Does Daum guard Bates-Diop, or does Telly? Who does Daum guard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

Based on what the OSU guy said it’ll be Dakich. 😆

No way Daum guards Diop. My guess is Telly.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

My guess is Flatten would guard Bates-Diop. Telly has improved defensively, but I would worry about him being able to stay in front of Bates-Diop on the perimeter.

Comment

Daum will guard Wesson.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Daum will guard Wesson.

Which is a good thing, hopefully keeps him out of foul trouble. It will be interesting if they have Bates-Diop guard Daum... Could get him into some foul trouble with as good as Daum is at drawing fouls. I hope Daum Bates him into a few early fouls.

Comment

Solid and very complimentary preview from Ohio State's SBNation writer.

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...nament-preview

Comment

In this SI article talking about each region, we're tagged as the "most intriguing matchup" in the West.

"South Dakota State is the small school most likely to make some first-round noise in this region."

https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...ss-upset-picks

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        In this SI article talking about each region, we're tagged as the "most intriguing matchup" in the West.

"South Dakota State is the small school most likely to make some first-round noise in this region."

Let's go make some good on this "Cinderella, bracket buster, etc" hype this year and actually go do it. Elite 8 match-up against the Tar Heels would be about right. Come on, let's go....let's do this!

Comment

Also a quote from that article "The jackrabbits will be playing relatively close to home in Boise"...

For reference, it's a 19 hour drive from Brookings to Boise. It's 14 hours to Columbus OH from Brookings.

People's lack of basic geography astounds me sometimes. It's like they see South Dakota, and they see Idaho, comprehend that they are both west of the Mississippi but not on the coast, and boom: they must be relatively close together...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                            Also a quote from that article "The jackrabbits will be playing relatively close to home in Boise"...

For reference, it's a 19 hour drive from Brookings to Boise. It's 14 hours to Columbus OH from Brookings.

People's lack of basic geography astounds me sometimes. It's like they see South Dakota, and they see Idaho, comprehend that they are both west of the Mississippi but not on the coast, and boom: they must be relatively close together...
                            Yes. And there are people that think Alaska is a different country.

Comment

Need Jenkins to keep rolling and Telly to get hot, while keeping up the defensive energy we’ve had and then I like our chances.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

I know I, and a lot of zags fans in attendance in Boise, will be rooting for you guys to pull off the 12/5 upset

Comment

Working...
                                X