Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: STATE Magazine

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    872

    Default STATE Magazine

    Most, if not all, SDSU alumni have probably received the latest issue of STATE. Be sure and read the cover story, Tractors for Africa. It is a good example of educating people in the spirit and purpose of land grant institutions and making a better world, not just making more profit. It also give all SDSU alumni, especially those of us who aren't agriculture majors, another opportunity to be very proud of the agriculture foundation of our university.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,887

    Default Re: STATE Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    Most, if not all, SDSU alumni have probably received the latest issue of STATE. Be sure and read the cover story, Tractors for Africa. It is a good example of educating people in the spirit and purpose of land grant institutions and making a better world, not just making more profit. It also give all SDSU alumni, especially those of us who aren't agriculture majors, another opportunity to be very proud of the agriculture foundation of our university.
    Yes it was a very interesting story about solving the world hunger problem. Seems like we have so many stories about fund raising and maybe I getting confused with the Foundation and this was a very good exception. Also a story about the Deputy Secretary of Agriculture being a SDSU alum was interesting.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Worthington,MN
    Posts
    5,073

    Default Re: STATE Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    Most, if not all, SDSU alumni have probably received the latest issue of STATE. Be sure and read the cover story, Tractors for Africa. It is a good example of educating people in the spirit and purpose of land grant institutions and making a better world, not just making more profit. It also give all SDSU alumni, especially those of us who aren't agriculture majors, another opportunity to be very proud of the agriculture foundation of our university.
    There is also a good article about Chris Bono and the wrestling program.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,887

    Default Re: STATE Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    There is also a good article about Chris Bono and the wrestling program.
    Forgot to mention. Yes very good

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,661

    Default Re: STATE Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    Most, if not all, SDSU alumni have probably received the latest issue of STATE. Be sure and read the cover story, Tractors for Africa. It is a good example of educating people in the spirit and purpose of land grant institutions and making a better world, not just making more profit. It also give all SDSU alumni, especially those of us who aren't agriculture majors, another opportunity to be very proud of the agriculture foundation of our university.
    When I read that article, it may me very proud. You're absolutely right, WRJ: SDSU continues to do a fantastic job turning out people who make a difference.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yankton, SD
    Posts
    3,097

    Default Re: STATE Magazine

    I always found it odd when USD fans make fun of SDSU by calling us “Moo U” or playing “Old MacDonald”. I’m proud to attend an Ag School focused on feeding the world. That’s what we do best in South Dakota.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    brookings, sd
    Posts
    4,571

    Default Re: STATE Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by 2002jack View Post
    I always found it odd when USD fans make fun of SDSU by calling us “Moo U” or playing “Old MacDonald”. I’m proud to attend an Ag School focused on feeding the world. That’s what we do best in South Dakota.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    THAT'S why their band was singing that at the tournament! The older lady sitting next to me and I were trying to figure that song choice out....flew right over our heads!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,827

    Default Re: STATE Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    THAT'S why their band was singing that at the tournament! The older lady sitting next to me and I were trying to figure that song choice out....flew right over our heads!
    They were also chanting "overrated" every time Macy was shooting free throws during the game. Even at the end when it was pretty clear we were going to win. At that point me and a small group around me started chanting back "M-V-P"....one of their trombone players took exception to that... to the point where his band director had to tell him to cool it. It was pretty funny.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    brookings, sd
    Posts
    4,571

    Default Re: STATE Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    They were also chanting "overrated" every time Macy was shooting free throws during the game. Even at the end when it was pretty clear we were going to win. At that point me and a small group around me started chanting back "M-V-P"....one of their trombone players took exception to that... to the point where his band director had to tell him to cool it. It was pretty funny.
    As she shot 6-8 on them and had 11 rebounds....granted she was only an uncharacteristic 4-7 at the line....
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •