X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Postseason 2018

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    They moved it off campus I see.
    They probably had some PE 101 class scheduled so the gym wasn't open, or they moved it to a high school gym since its nicer then their gym. I don't mean that as smack, just on TV their gym looks really bad.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      They probably had some PE 101 class scheduled so the gym wasn't open, or they moved it to a high school gym since its nicer then their gym. I don't mean that as smack, just on TV their gym looks really bad.
      It's in the War Memorial Coliseum . . . think of a 25-years-older Denny Sanford Center; about the same capacity as the Denny but older.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I hear ya! I'm sure they would love to play in this arena all the time! They have all the stickers on the floor and I would guess they had to rent it for the not so many fans that showed up.

Comment

I hear ya! I'm sure they would love to play in this arena all the time! They have all the stickers on the floor and I would guess they had to rent it for the not so many fans that showed up.
          I erred . . . the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum opened in 1952.

So think of a kind of a Denny-sized Sioux Falls Arena with a regulation hockey rink. The place is old (but they keep renovating it).
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I erred . . . the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum opened in 1952.

So think of a kind of a Denny-sized Sioux Falls Arena with a regulation hockey rink. The place is old (but they keep renovating it).
            On a side note, the newsboys play there next sunday, they just played at the pavilion in SF.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
              Strange that four teams out of 16 are from the WAC
              A lot of teams turn the CBI and CIT down which means the organizers go down the line. Most WAC schools being fairly new to any type of post season, they will accept every time.

Comment

Mastodons lose 94-89. They could not hit the 3's. 33-60 on FG%. 11-33 from 3 pt.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  Mastodons lose 94-89. They could not hit the 3's. 33-60 on FG%. 11-33 from 3 py.
                  Its always hard to figure out which teams in these types of tournaments really want to be there. Ft. Wayne looked some what uninspired.

Comment

Ft. Wayne looked some what uninspired.
                    Which can be said about probably half their games this year.

Comment

Noon on Monday is not usually a day/time amenable to college basketball.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Now that Fort Wayne's season is over, did anyone else hear the rumor floating around Sioux Falls last week that Jon Konchar may be looking at grad-transferring and that SDSU would be a school he would consider ? Heard it from two people, and one of them said they had heard it from a number of people. Which means nothing in terms of it's accuracy, but wouldn't that be an interesting option to replace Telly for next season ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Now that Fort Wayne's season is over, did anyone else hear the rumor floating around Sioux Falls last week that Jon Konchar may be looking at grad-transferring and that SDSU would be a school he would consider ? Heard it from two people, and one of them said they had heard it from a number of people. Which means nothing in terms of it's accuracy, but wouldn't that be an interesting option to replace Telly for next season ?
                          I heard it too, but then I also repeatedly heard at the 2017 SLT that Daum was for SURE going to transfer, so, ya know, whatever.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

No but was I thinking it. he would be great to add since we lose Thiesen and the other guys are so young, Konchar would be great at the 3 with us. let him and duam work off each other since both can play inside and out wouldn't get in each others way. If he came here we for sure would win the summit again. USD has a lot of talent back so if they ever figure out how to win a big tourney game they will not be an easy out.

Comment

I would take that in a heart beat if there are spots open.

Comment

Wow... Daum - Konchar - Flatten - King - Jenkins... that would be a nasty lineup. *grabs a napkin to wipe the drool off my face*

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Otz is looking for some type of transfer, either juco or grad, to add an experienced piece. Especially if we lose Howell. Konchar would be at or near the top of any available transfer list I'm guessing.

Comment

Working...
                                X