Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Postseason 2018

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Wasn’t touched by Mooney’s statements at the press conference. During the SL awards ceremony when he was announced all tourney he came on stage but wouldn’t go stand anywhere near Daum or DJJ. Then when they were going to announce MVP he walked off the stage before Daums name was even called. Frankly no class at all.

And I’m personally sick of USD fans calling us whiners. Just listening to their homer announcer last night was sickening. Lucky to have our color guys who keep it very neutral. Listening to that guy complain about calls and no calls, good fricken grief!
    Mooney is a tool. The article about how he was "bullied" in the Air Force.....good grief. What did he expect?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      Wasn’t touched by Mooney’s statements at the press conference. During the SL awards ceremony when he was announced all tourney he came on stage but wouldn’t go stand anywhere near Daum or DJJ. Then when they were going to announce MVP he walked off the stage before Daums name was even called. Frankly no class at all.

And I’m personally sick of USD fans calling us whiners. Just listening to their homer announcer last night was sickening. Lucky to have our color guys who keep it very neutral. Listening to that guy complain about calls and no calls, good fricken grief!
      I would agree that the all tournament team announcement and the MVP announcement were not shining moments for Mooney. As a competitor, I would have expected some handshakes and congratulations among all the players similar to the women's announcements. I would not expect any player to not be disappointed. I would expect a touch of better behavior from a leader of the team whether you call it sportsmanship or class or humility. The all tournament team is not singling out the worse players.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Mooney is a tool. The article about how he was "bullied" in the Air Force.....good grief. What did he expect?
        Agreed. If I was a flight leader at the AFA in charge of hazing activities for the semester, Mooney would have represented a rare and striking opportunity.

Kid's vain as hell too. All this "I didn't do enough" crap. It's all about his performance. I never saw his post SLT comments as coming from a place of humility. It was about how good he thinks he is that his 30 point performance was a bad night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          Agreed. If I was a flight leader at the AFA in charge of hazing activities for the semester, Mooney would have represented a rare and striking opportunity.

Kid's vain as hell too. All this "I didn't do enough" crap. It's all about his performance. I never saw his post SLT comments as coming from a place of humility. It was about how good he thinks he is that his 30 point performance was a bad night.
          Agree. If that stuff was happening at SDSU or any other non military institution its out of line. But the AFA is prepping these kids for war. When bullets are flying you can't lock up.

Comment

You guys are the biggest liars in the ****ing world if you don't think his jersey is the only reason you're criticizing him. If he did everything else the same way and was a Jackrabbit, you'd all be defending him. Kid is good as hell, wears his heart on his sleeve, and wants to win.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I don't see the need to disparage or single out any specific player.

The amount of disappointment is huge after losing a championship game that would send you dancing, and as Coach said, the world goes on, but man, after only a week, that world had not moved on for those young men.

I think the blame can be split into 3.

I blame the AD for putting the kids in that position in the first place. Not sure when bids went in or when USD accepted the invite, but the admin should've asked the players/coach if they were even in the correct state of mind to play, or perhaps they should've been able to tell without asking that they were not in a right state of mind to play that game.

I blame the coaches for not better preparing them once it was decided they were entering this tournament. It's the coaches job to build them back up and prepare them to go out there again.

I blame the players for not doing their part in getting over the woe is me attitude. They may have given it all they had, but it was obvious all they had was a 3/4 empty tank still.

I feel bad for those kids. Last night was not a good representation of how great they were this year.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                I don't see the need to disparage or single out any specific player.

The amount of disappointment is huge after losing a championship game that would send you dancing, and as Coach said, the world goes on, but man, after only a week, that world had not moved on for those young men.

I think the blame can be split into 3.

I blame the AD for putting the kids in that position in the first place. Not sure when bids went in or when USD accepted the invite, but the admin should've asked the players/coach if they were even in the correct state of mind to play, or perhaps they should've been able to tell without asking that they were not in a right state of mind to play that game.

I blame the coaches for not better preparing them once it was decided they were entering this tournament. It's the coaches job to build them back up and prepare them to go out there again.

I blame the players for not doing their part in getting over the woe is me attitude. They may have given it all they had, but it was obvious all they had was a 3/4 empty tank still.

I feel bad for those kids. Last night was not a good representation of how great they were this year.
                I think if I was a coach this game is pretty revealing on who on my team is mentally tough and who isn't. If I was an AD, I also get to evaluate my coaching staff on how good they are on getting kids ready to play and if they are getting the right kids in to play at my school. Sometimes more is revealed by losing than by winning the games. No excuses allowed .
                Nick Fuller and Trey Birch Manning pretty much nailed it at the post game press conference.

But enough about USD. Lets go beat the Buckeyes!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  You guys are the biggest liars in the ****ing world if you don't think his jersey is the only reason you're criticizing him. If he did everything else the same way and was a Jackrabbit, you'd all be defending him. Kid is good as hell, wears his heart on his sleeve, and wants to win.
                  Discuss posts, not posters.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Kind of reminds me of the way Neb "fans" treated Jessica Shepard formerly at Neb now playing at ND. They all wondered how come she didn't have to sit out a year and got to play right away. I don't ,it was a very hostile environment at Neb,they should be ashamed to treat anyone like they did her. I don't care for Neb Fans at all, they are the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                      Just curious what the take would have been if he started calling out coaches, teammates, officials, etc....

What did you expect him to say? I think he took the best route available without flaming everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                        Just curious what the take would have been if he started calling out coaches, teammates, officials, etc....

What did you expect him to say? I think he took the best route available without flaming everyone else.
                        Its ok to say we, We didn't do enough to win, we didn't defend or rebound like we should.......
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Does the print media have a mercy rule? I never thought so but I could find no reference to the "Disaster in the Dome" last night in today's Argus. Probably just missed it? Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            One wonders if the poor performance tonight is related to the hyper-emotional SL championship post-game of the Yotes. They had everything emotionally invested in beating SDSU. That kind of focus/hope can really backfire if it isn't consummated.
                            I'll just re-post this.

I'm in the "never get too high, never get too low" camp generally.

Also, from experience, losing a big game hurts far worse than winning a big game makes you feel good. That's human nature.

But "playing with emotion" is a two-edged sword. For most of the year, USD used that emotion to drive them and they benefited greatly from it. Personally, I think it turned against them in the SLT championship game (by SDSU extending the first-half lead with Daum on the bench, mainly). When SDSU burst their emotional bubble and their hope of going to the NCAA, they couldn't re-create last night the emotion they used to be a good team all year. That's the other edge of the emotion sword.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm with RO, not going to bang on a talented kid who obviously wants to win so badly and came up short. I know lots of working professionals who wouldn't have handled SLT type disappointment as well as Mooney.

Heck, I know several SDSU football fans who don't handle football losses as well as that young man...
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                I'll just re-post this.

I'm in the "never get too high, never get too low" camp generally.

Also, from experience, losing a big game hurts far worse than winning a big game makes you feel good. That's human nature.

But "playing with emotion" is a two-edged sword. For most of the year, USD used that emotion to drive them and they benefited greatly from it. Personally, I think it turned against them in the SLT championship game (by SDSU extending the first-half lead with Daum on the bench, mainly). When SDSU burst their emotional bubble and their hope of going to the NCAA, they couldn't re-create last night the emotion they used to be a good team all year. That's the other edge of the emotion sword.
                                I agree, I know many fans what the football team to make the NDSU game bigger and act like its a bigger deal, usually the football team goes about treating it no differently then other games. Its a different game, but it shouldn't consume the team. Also the 2 edged sword. likely our demise will be in the NCAA a really bad 3 point shooting performance. But you dance with who brung ya. or so the saying goes. USD brought emotion as their dance partner, and when it gets the better of you it hurts. A team that relies on 1 player or 1 style of ball will often find that when they lose, that's what cost them the game, be it 3 pt shooting, rebounding, defense etc...
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X