Summit League Postseason 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Postseason 2018

I could understand Konchar being interested in moving on. I could not figure out FW's strategy of basically using him as a point guard. Seemed like a misuse of his talents to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Wow... Daum - Konchar - Flatten - King - Jenkins... that would be a nasty lineup. *grabs a napkin to wipe the drool off my face*

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Otz is looking for some type of transfer, either juco or grad, to add an experienced piece. Especially if we lose Howell. Konchar would be at or near the top of any available transfer list I'm guessing.
      Konchar would be a great get, especially if there's room, I could easily see a 8 maybe even 9 man rotation. Imagine if Tre'Shawn Thurman would've transferred to State, how awesome would the '18-'19 lineup have looked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        Konchar would be a great get, especially if there's room, I could easily see a 8 maybe even 9 man rotation. Imagine if Tre'Shawn Thurman would've transferred to State, how awesome would the '18-'19 lineup have looked.
        There is only 1 ball on the court. Not that I would be against any of this but there are a lot of moving parts that need to fit together to make a great TEAM. Might not be as easy as one would think.

Comment

Konchar to the Jacks.... now there's a rumor!

The "only one ball" comment might apply, unless the personalities were just right. I'd love to find out but it also would be nice to attract a 6-9" tough guy backup center, sort of like Nick Fuller was for USD. You'd have to think that SDSU would be attractive to plenty of seniors that want a taste of the NCAA tournament before they hang it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            There is only 1 ball on the court. Not that I would be against any of this but there are a lot of moving parts that need to fit together to make a great TEAM. Might not be as easy as one would think.
            yep, there are a lot of dynamics that make a team work. the NBA shows sometimes it can work, and other times its a struggle. In a case like this, it might be ok. But its usually imho a guy who can only score running ISO, or volume shooter that really drags down the potential. Guys who can work with out the ball and effective scorers can probably make it work better. I would almost say Thurman wouldn't really fit our sytem as much as konchar could. get him and daum on the wings after a steal or push the ball fast even after a made basket and that would be scary to defend.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Don't forget we also have 4 very good recruits (on paper) that are redshirts this year that already have the chemistry with the returning guys.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                Don't forget we also have 4 very good recruits (on paper) that are redshirts this year that already have the chemistry with the returning guys.
                The "only one ball" argument is good if we were trying to say Mooney was Grad transferring...Konchar fits more the Telly role. True we have some great talent redshirting and coming in but to have a guy with the experience...invaluable. not to mention the leadership he could bring, another coach on the floor.

Comment

The "only one ball" argument is good if we were trying to say Mooney was Grad transferring...Konchar fits more the Telly role. True we have some great talent redshirting and coming in but to have a guy with the experience...invaluable. not to mention the leadership he could bring, another coach on the floor.
                  I see defense and rebounding to be his two strongest assets.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    I see defense and rebounding to be his two strongest assets.
                    and he can shoot the 3, sounds like telly to me. would be a good fit. rebound, defense and the 3.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't think SDSU could add another Jenkins Jr or Daum but I think Konchar isn't that type of player.
                      He has more of an all around game. He would lead SDSU in steals by about 20, lead them in assists by about 50, be our second leading rebounder by about 2.5 rebounds/game and be second in the team in blocks. He averages about 1.5 assists to each assist that Daum and Jenkins Jr have together. He just has an all around game. Daum does rebound and block shots so he is more than just a scorer, too.
                      King is the player that did a little of everything for the Jacks this year but Konchar does that stuff just a bit better. He would have more assists, steals, blocks and rebounds than King. He doesn't shoot quite as well from the line and in FG"s but he does shoot better from 3 point land.
                      I could be wrong but I think that Konchar would not feel like he needs to shoot as much but he would be SDSU's 3rd best option(unless somebody new comes in) if somebody gets in fouled trouble, injured or something else happened.
                      SDSU does have 7 new players on the team next year so they might not need him but I really like the way he plays.

Comment

With the guys we have returning, I don't think that leadership will be an issue. But, he would be a great guy to have come off the bench to as a member of the "second wave"
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          I don't think SDSU could add another Jenkins Jr or Daum but I think Konchar isn't that type of player.
                          He has more of an all around game. He would lead SDSU in steals by about 20, lead them in assists by about 50, be our second leading rebounder by about 2.5 rebounds/game and be second in the team in blocks. He averages about 1.5 assists to each assist that Daum and Jenkins Jr have together. He just has an all around game. Daum does rebound and block shots so he is more than just a scorer, too.
                          King is the player that did a little of everything for the Jacks this year but Konchar does that stuff just a bit better. He would have more assists, steals, blocks and rebounds than King. He doesn't shoot quite as well from the line and in FG"s but he does shoot better from 3 point land.
                          I could be wrong but I think that Konchar would not feel like he needs to shoot as much but he would be SDSU's 3rd best option(unless somebody new comes in) if somebody gets in fouled trouble, injured or something else happened.
                          SDSU does have 7 new players on the team next year so they might not need him but I really like the way he plays.
                          I agree. I always thought he played within the system at IPFW. He showed he could take over at times. The first game against SDSU this year he had a huge second half, scored 18 of his 23 points. He did shoot the ball 22 times, but on that team it was either him or Scott. They didn't have much else.

That being said Konchar grad transferring wouldn't be great for the league even though it might make us "better".

Comment

If Konchar were to come that would be 3 first team all leaguers possibly in the starting 5. I wonder if IPFW would try to block a transfer to a conference school.

Comment

This seems like a dream made of pipes.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                This seems like a dream made of pipes.
                                I sure might be, but it's fun to dream. Besides its good fodder till the ladies bracket is announced

Comment

Working...
                                X