Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Postseason 2018

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I just picked up the video from the Coyote website and cast it up on the big screen. 2:22 left and UNT up 81-66.
    Did you see the crowd? Wow, I don't want to hear any USD fan commenting on SDSU attendance for any post-season games again! Think the crowd is 1200 to maybe 1350? [I'm predicting the official report of attendance will be at least double the actual.] Looking at that crowd some more, I think there may not be 1000 there, not counting the players for each team.

The six or seven particularly rabid SDSU haters will be adding UNT this to their 'hate USD list'. (Earlier today KELO TV was added to the list.)
    USD should figure out a way to get bodies in those first few rows of seats behind the benches and scorer's table that are continously shown on TV/video streams. It has been that way for games other than tonight. Give people upgrades or give em away if you have to. Hard to claim great attendance figures, when many of those good seats usually are empty.

Comment

1348 reported for attendance.

http://www.goyotes.com/boxscore.aspx...45&path=mbball
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        USD should figure out a way to get bodies in those first few rows of seats behind the benches and scorer's table that are continously shown on TV/video streams. It has been that way for games other than tonight. Give people upgrades or give em away if you have to. Hard to claim great attendance figures, when many of those good seats usually are empty.
        I have sat in the seats in the first row behind the SDSU bench once at the USD arena. It is close to the court and it can be hard to see over the tall players if it is a close game. If a seat was open higher than me I would have moved.

Comment

North Texas now 16-17 in the year. Way to represent the league used!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            I would disagree, I was watching with by younger brother and we would have guessed 800.

Comment

About the normal number of people in their stands outside of SDSU games. They lost a lot of money tonight as it looks like they had to pay $50,000 to host the game and their AD stated at halftime they had the bid to host 2nd round too which is $75,000.

Comment

I might have to make some popcorn and go visit the yotes board to see how this CBI loss is blamed on SDSU.
                Glad I took the popcorn. Yotes had a great season this year but finished it in dumpster-fire style. It appears some of their fans conclude the team just didn't want to play in the CBI so they didn't. Mooney picked up a "T" about four minutes into the game -- apparently a ref took offense at a Mooney unsolicited opinion.

Note for next season: Mooney has some buttons that can be pushed. Before the SL Tourney he tells the press "we don't like them (SDSU) and they (SDSU) don't like us." I watched the interview and thought those statements were just dumb. Meanwhile, in contemporaneous press conferences, SDSU's Daum Has nothing but compliments about USD and how they'll be a tough team to play. So now Mooney has set himself up for looking pretty schmucky if the Yotes lose. In retrospect, his uncharacteristic poor shooting as the title game wore on looks a little like a guy's own emotions eating on him. And then in the post-game he apologizes for his play. I know some USD fans and the USD's reporter on the Argus were touched by the apology but consider that performance with tonight's CBI prormance (and subsequent apology again) and, well....this guy has buttons to push and opponents can figure that out and push them. The guy beats himself.

Comment

That's 2695 butt cheeks, with one of the attendees being half a$$ed.

Comment

Glad I took the popcorn. Yotes had a great season this year but finished it in dumpster-fire style. It appears some of their fans conclude the team just didn't want to play in the CBI so they didn't. Mooney picked up a "T" about four minutes into the game -- apparently a ref took offense at a Mooney unsolicited opinion.

Note for next season: Mooney has some buttons that can be pushed. Before the SL Tourney he tells the press "we don't like them (SDSU) and they (SDSU) don't like us." I watched the interview and thought those statements were just dumb. Meanwhile, in contemporaneous press conferences, SDSU's Daum Has nothing but compliments about USD and how they'll be a tough team to play. So now Mooney has set himself up for looking pretty schmucky if the Yotes lose. In retrospect, his uncharacteristic poor shooting as the title game wore on looks a little like a guy's own emotions eating on him. And then in the post-game he apologizes for his play. I know some USD fans and the USD's reporter on the Argus were touched by the apology but consider that performance with tonight's CBI prormance (and subsequent apology again) and, well....this guy has buttons to push and opponents can figure that out and push them. The guy beats himself.
                    Yes the popcorn was not too bad. I prefer more butter, but that is just me. Going to a movie now days cost more for the popcorn than for the ticket itself.

As much respect that I have for the Accountancy program at USD, there is not much else to talk about in terms of whats going on down there. Some over there are pretty certain Otz will be gone shortly and USED will be stuck with Smith. Time will tell and CSU might have some one else in mind for their HC.

Personally I would love to see the Otz vs Smith series continue. Its good basketball and almost as good as the Iverson-Clodfelter days. Those two coaches respected each other much like Otz and Smith do now.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 03-15-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• Re: Summit League Postseason 2018

I would guess they counted the tickets president Abbott bought for the students...that would help inflate numbers, definitely didn't look like 1348.

Comment

Mooney is a headcase, and it shows. As good as he is, he probably doea's an equal amount of damage to his team by not being able to control himself.

And for the record, I'm guessing that had a lot to do with his "troubles" in the air force.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          Mooney is a headcase, and it shows. As good as he is, he probably doea's an equal amount of damage to his team by not being able to control himself.

And for the record, I'm guessing that had a lot to do with his "troubles" in the air force.
                          An equal amount of damage? That seems pretty unlikely.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

What did Mooney do to earn the TF I was not watch had better things to do than watch used but I did find it curious. I tried to find it online but only found this https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...chnical-fouls/

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
                              What did Mooney do to earn the TF I was not watch had better things to do than watch used but I did find it curious. I tried to find it online but only found this https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...chnical-fouls/
                              Mooney was giving some pointers to the ref after a made layup. The trip down the floor before, Mooney may have been fouled during another layup attempt which was a no call. He was thinking the ref needed more advice what to watch for.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Wasn’t touched by Mooney’s statements at the press conference. During the SL awards ceremony when he was announced all tourney he came on stage but wouldn’t go stand anywhere near Daum or DJJ. Then when they were going to announce MVP he walked off the stage before Daums name was even called. Frankly no class at all.

And I’m personally sick of USD fans calling us whiners. Just listening to their homer announcer last night was sickening. Lucky to have our color guys who keep it very neutral. Listening to that guy complain about calls and no calls, good fricken grief!

Comment

Working...
                                X