Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Postseason 2018

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
    Mooney is 3-16 shooting and 0-7 from 3 pt and 1 TF. It would take a miracle for them to pull this out by now. Very low energy
    Watching some junior high pickup game would have been better to watch. The Summit League is not getting any highlights from this contest. 15-17 Mean Green are shooting hot, but the open shots are so inviting.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Summit League Postseason 2018

They should have called it a year a week ago. The CBI/CIT would be a HUGE letdown for any team in their situation. I get it. But boy do they look awful tonight. The “2,800” in “attendance” probably wish they could turn on the Syracuse/AZ st game like I’m about to...

Comment

I just picked up the video from the Coyote website and cast it up on the big screen. 2:22 left and UNT up 81-66.
        Did you see the crowd? Wow, I don't want to hear any USD fan commenting on SDSU attendance for any post-season games again! Think the crowd is 1200 to maybe 1350? [I'm predicting the official report of attendance will be at least double the actual.] Looking at that crowd some more, I think there may not be 1000 there, not counting the players for each team.

The six or seven particularly rabid SDSU haters will be adding UNT this to their 'hate USD list'. (Earlier today KELO TV was added to the list.)

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          They should have called it a year a week ago. The CBI/CIT would be a HUGE letdown for any team in their situation. I get it. But boy do they look awful tonight. The “2,800” in “attendance” probably wish they could turn on the Syracuse/AZ st game like I’m about to...
          One wonders if the poor performance tonight is related to the hyper-emotional SL championship post-game of the Yotes. They had everything emotionally invested in beating SDSU. That kind of focus/hope can really backfire if it isn't consummated.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            2800 really is what they're reporting? BS.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              USD can win the whole darn thing.
              Never mind.

Comment

The yotes didn't want to be there.........and now their not.

Comment

Matt Mooney's apology for the SDSU performance was premature as he had a decent to great game. Tonight would have been more appropriate for him to shoulder the responsibility for the outcome. Some of the Vermillion group believe that Smith has coached his last game at SCSC. That may be a bit premature outside of the CSU opening which may be looking for a higher profile coach than Smith. This game may take some extra days to heal. Wow
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    One wonders if the poor performance tonight is related to the hyper-emotional SL championship post-game of the Yotes. They had everything emotionally invested in beating SDSU. That kind of focus/hope can really backfire if it isn't consummated.
                    That's probably as good an explanation as anyone can suggest. The Yotes are shooting poorly. Mooney is even missing lightly-contested layups.

Well, Yotes get their third loss in their arena. Final is UNT 90, USD 77.

Overall, a good year for the Yotes. They've done their part in trying to improve the stock of the Summit League.

Comment

Yeah, that was not good. Not good at all. They probably should have turned that invite down.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Matt Mooney: 8-28 FG, 2-14 from deep, 22 points. Yikes.

USD giving up 90+ the last 2 games is shocking.

Comment

I might have to make some popcorn and go visit the yotes board to see how this CBI loss is blamed on SDSU.

Comment

Or the refs!

Seriously, they can only blame themselves for this. Just a bad attitude from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              2800 really is what they're reporting? BS.
                              That was my guess at what they’d come up with. Now onto the coach Smith/Colorado State watch.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                Matt Mooney's apology for the SDSU performance was premature as he had a decent to great game. Tonight would have been more appropriate for him to shoulder the responsibility for the outcome. Some of the Vermillion group believe that Smith has coached his last game at SCSC. That may be a bit premature outside of the CSU opening which may be looking for a higher profile coach than Smith. This game may take some extra days to heal. Wow
                                Smith is a good coach but is he great? He has never won a big game and his mentor Miles hasn't won anything either. I understand that he is a good coach, but I want someone who wins if I am a AD of a larger school.

Comment

Working...
                                X