NCAA Hockey Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Hockey Regional

The city of Sioux Falls should be cheering very hard for UND to sweep Omaha this weekend. If not they are more than likely not going to be in Sioux Falls for the regional and attendance will be way down. If they get on a run 9,000 drunken Sioux fans will make you wish you were around us Bison guys.

Re: NCAA Hockey Regional

Originally posted by scbison View Post
    The city of Sioux Falls should be cheering very hard for UND to sweep Omaha this weekend. If not they are more than likely not going to be in Sioux Falls for the regional and attendance will be way down. If they get on a run 9,000 drunken Sioux fans will make you wish you were around us Bison guys.

Which fans travels better, UND hockey or NDSU football?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Given the weird, inexplicably high attendance of the Sioux Falls Stampede (which is basically juco hockey), I suspect the event will be pretty well attended even without the Fighting Whatevers.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

UND Hockey fans travel very well. The amount of Bison Football and Sioux Hockey fans in the state is at an all-time high the past decade.

I would argue that USHL is not Juco, but more of a stepping stone. Most top kids in North Dakota leave high-school hockey after 10th or 11th grade to play in that league.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Given the weird, inexplicably high attendance of the Sioux Falls Stampede (which is basically juco hockey), I suspect the event will be pretty well attended even without the Fighting Whatevers.
          Honestly, South Dakotan's love their hockey. I've heard the Blizzard get pretty good crowds and when I was in college Larson was always pretty full for the SDSU club team (though I fully admit most of us went to get drunk).

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            Honestly, South Dakotan's love their hockey. I've heard the Blizzard get pretty good crowds and when I was in college Larson was always pretty full for the SDSU club team (though I fully admit most of us went to get drunk).
            Most? The club hockey games were pretty fun. If I remember right it was like a dollar or two to get in.

Anyone remember the game with Northern State that literally involved a benches clearing brawl? That was craziness.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Most? The club hockey games were pretty fun. If I remember right it was like a dollar or two to get in.

Anyone remember the game with Northern State that literally involved a benches clearing brawl? That was craziness.
              I went to HS with like half the hockey team so I always partied with them as they all lived together. They had more than some good brawls when I was in school. God the memories.

Comment

I went back to school after graduating at SDSU for a Law Enforcement degree at Mankato State, There i became a non military member of the MSU Vets Club. We all would go to the hockey games pretty well inebriated and cheer for the team. When they won the NCAA Div II National Championship they threw a party for us.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

If I remember they had to call the game and they gave our money back. After they cleared the teams the manager had tto go with a bucket and ice chipper to clear the blood off the ice.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

No Sioux or Gophers. It will be interesting on the attendance. Hope it looks good on TV, unlike so many hockey regionals.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                      No Sioux or Gophers. It will be interesting on the attendance. Hope it looks good on TV, unlike so many hockey regionals.
                      But Sioux Falls does get St.Cloud, Mankato and Duluth. None of which probably travel as well as UND, but the 3 added together should still draw well.

Comment

Working...
                      X