GDT: Jacks vs. Yotes - SLT (M) Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jacks vs. Yotes - SLT (M) Championship

How's everyone feeling for this one? We need that same defensive intensity we saw against the Bison.

Jacks were on the verge of blowing USD out in Brookings before Mooney went nuts.

Need Jenkins to have another big night. Can't all be Daum and can't get off to a terrible start. Go Jacks!

Re: GDT: Jacks vs. Yotes - SLT Championship

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    How's everyone feeling for this one? We need that same defensive intensity we saw against the Bison.

Jacks were on the verge of blowing USD out in Brookings before Mooney went nuts.

Need Jenkins to have another big night. Can't all be Daum and can't get off to a terrible start. Go Jacks!
    Flip a coin. That's how I feel.

Mooney is going to get his. Need to limit the rest of their team. We did that in Brookings.

Comment

Re: GDT: Jacks vs. Yotes - SLT Championship

USD has all the motivation in the world, including the often referenced "revenge factor". I expect it to be a good game.

The Jacks can't come out playing timid and tight, like they have something to lose. On the same side of the coin, they need to let their defense create more offensive opportunities.

All of that being said, I think there are three main "x" factors tonight: How we start, the crowd split, and USD's ability to handle the pressure. Keep in mind, their men have never played in a SLT championship, with national TV, with a chance to go to the dance. If we get up big on them, it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. They handled it well in Brookings.

I'm going to say it'll either be Jacks by 9, or Yotes by 4.

Comment

Re: GDT: Jacks vs. Yotes - SLT (M) Championship

Daum hasn't gone off on USD before. It's going to happen tonight.

Comment

We also need a Telly sighting tonight.

Comment

Ki-o-tees are a 1 1/2 point favorite. Just once can Mooney have a bad shooting night against State. If our supporting cast plays well State will win this game. Hopefully our fans will make it a home court advantage.

If I was TJ I would bring Orris back as a guest coach this evening.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Was the line made with the fact in mind that the Denny is pretty much a home game? Or do they think it's a neutral site? Doesn't matter, just thought that was interesting

Comment

Was the line made with the fact in mind that the Denny is pretty much a home game? Or do they think it's a neutral site? Doesn't matter, just thought that was interesting
                USD was a slight favorite going into the tournament. I saw USD at +110 to win before the tourney started, and SDSU was at +120.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  USD was a slight favorite going into the tournament. I saw USD at +110 to win before the tourney started, and SDSU was at +120.
                  I think it is based on using KenPom numbers, not RPI

Comment

SWEEP!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

This one won’t be so easy.....

Jenkins/Telly/Flatten - I’m looking at you. Daum is probably going to need about 40 points worth of help from these three plus a little from the others. Someone has to have a huge game, Orris-style.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        This one won’t be so easy.....

Jenkins/Telly/Flatten - I’m looking at you. Daum is probably going to need about 40 points worth of help from these three plus a little from the others. Someone has to have a huge game, Orris-style.
                        Yep. Reed....we need you buddy!
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Key could be a key as well. He's stepped up in the SLT, but hasn't played well against USD. If he can give us some minutes and energy that'd be huge.

Comment

O/U 3.5 - The number of times Craig Smith holds his hands up in the air while looking for a call/getting a foul called against USD.

O/U 2.5 - The number of official reviews initiated by Craig Smith.

Comment

O/U 3.5 - The number of times Craig Smith holds his hands up in the air while looking for a call/getting a foul called against USD.

O/U 2.5 - The number of official reviews initiated by Craig Smith.
                              Over on both. Easily.

Zimmer estimate about 80/20 Jacks/Yotes for the women's final. For those there is that accurate?

Comment

Working...
                              X