Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jacks vs. Yotes - SLT (M) Championship

Did Reed get 5 3's this tournament?

Going back thru I see that he got exactly the 5 needed. To Tie Clint?

Comment

Tevin King's block made Sports Center top 10 plays at number 10. And the ally to Flatten made number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
        Tevin King's block made Sports Center top 10 plays at number 10. And the ally to Flatten made number 1.
        I need a clip of that.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
          When Key threw that ball I thought it was WAY too high. Flatten got up to get that!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I need a clip of that.
            https://twitter.com/ryan_knudson28/s...74024402718722

Comment

I have so much to say about this game.

Otz - a lot of credit to him, he made adjustments to how USD wanted to guard us, he kept Ian out of the game altogether tonight because he knew that he wasn't needed tonight, he held Daum out for 11:11 to end the first half (the guys made it easy on him by going on a run, but it's so surprising to see a star stay out that long)

Ian - I'm sure he would have loved to help out his team, but from what I could see, he was into the game and supportive and in good spirits

Key - when he plays smart, his quickness is an amazing weapon that most teams just don't have an answer for and it's so fun to watch

King - the grit, the drives, the defense, the rebounding

Severyn - knows his role, played it well

Flatten - great defense on Mooney and others, clutch 3 pointers, that ally oop... Wow

Reed - came up big after having 2 bad games, showed senior poise knocking down shot after shot and coming up with huge rebounds

Daum - efficiency - 25 points and 11 rebounds in 27 minutes, we are witnessing the greatest basketball player ever at SDSU

Jenkins - there are no words for his performance... Played all 40 minutes, put the team on his back so Daum could sit for 11 minutes, can't wait to see how high Jenkins can go, this is only the beginning, we may be witnessing the freshman year of the next greatest player ever at SDSU

What a time to be a Jacks fan. Soak it all in.

Comment

WHAT A DAY! That is all (other than one last reminder how amazing it is we get to go to this tournament every year).

Comment

I liked the split screen shots of Michelle Daum during the game. What a lovely woman and thank god they sent their son to SDSU. Kimball Nebraska is much closer to Laramie than it is to Brookings.
                  The first game I watched at SDSU was in the 1953-54 season, and the coach was Reuben Jack Frost. A very quiet man, but always thinking. The Jacks were so-so that year, with some good young players. Do you think Dr. Frost ever invisioned a confident young black player from Tacoma, named David Jenkins Jr, playing and studying at SDSU? I think he did as he laid the ground work for basketball programs to advance to where were are now. Coach Otz is the best so far, but we only started our dream. Hoping we get a better draw and hope we advance into the big dance and come home with a bigger pay check. Good luck Jack players and coaches, this has been a dream season.

Comment

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...vid-Jenkins-Jr

This is worth watching, especially his comment about wanting to be the best player in SDSU history. He just might do that.

Comment

One other random thought: I'm glad that Mooney's outburst wasn't called as a technical. I think players should be able to show frustration that's not directed at anyone specific in a big game.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Maybe it has been mentioned, but somewhat lost in all of this: David Jenkins, Jr. broke Mike Daum's freshman scoring record this year.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

A few thoughts.... just because this is sports, at some point in time, whether next year or 50 years from now, both the SDSU mens and womens teams will be the bottom dweller in the league, whether for one season where everything goes wrong or for an extended period of time. So enjoy these Summit League Tournaments in SF while we can!

It is unbelievable how far the men's team has come since the transition years. Seeing Austin Hanson sitting on the USD bench, I thought to myself "and there is the greatest player in SDSU history," then I had to remind myself of guys like Wolters, Daum, and now Jenkins. I thought Wolters would be the greatest player in school history forever, and now he very well may end up being the 3rd best player of this decade for the team.

Next year is next year, but if all the pieces align it could be a very special season. And USD will also be extremely good next year too...

Comment

Two of the most enjoyable birthdays of my life have been spent yesterday at the Denny, and five years ago at the Arena when the Jacks won both championships in OT, with the men going dancing for the first time. The weather that day was a little better though as it was sunny and 65. Can't wait until the next time that championship day falls on March 6th !

Comment

And the line of the day came near the end of the game last night. In the arena, they play a recorded weather update from KELO on the scoreboard screen during some of the media timeouts. After the last one with four minutes left, someone behind us yelled "And there's a big cloud over Vermillion !'

Comment

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22672429

Here is King's block

Comment

Working...
                                X