Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jacks vs. Yotes - SLT (M) Championship

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I had never read the USD board, but did today to see some reaction. Our beloved Coyote Fan is complaining about the advantage we got from the crowd last night. Wants to move the tournament, or team up with NDSU to petition into the MVC because they've got a better shot of winning the MVC than the Summit. The dude is all time dumb.

It's really a shame the Summit League only sells tickets to Jackrabbit fans.
    I probably spend way to much time reading their board. Might be why my i hate them so much. I only saw one incident at the game between a rabbit fan and a yote fan. It was an elderly yote fan vs a good size younger jack fan. Had the rumble happened, we would have won that one too. Fortunately the Jack fan bought the yote fan a beer and they shook hands at half time. This actually happened in the mens semi finals. I think the cause was too much beer and too much mouth.

Comment

I have one complaint about the tourney. We sit in the front row of our section with the handicap section in front of us. The whole tourney there were yote fans sitting in the handicap section with nobody in their group, handicapped. We talked to a security guy and he said as long as one person is handicapped, anyone can buy the whole row of handicap seats. He said somebody bought all of them for the 2 years. I think its wrong that that can happen when there are elderly people or handicap people that actually need to sit there. Now during the tourney there was 2 elderly jack fans sitting there and also 2 bison fans, one in a wheelchair sitting there. When the 4 guys from usd would show up, they would give them a dirty look because they had their seats. Its total BS in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        I probably spend way to much time reading their board. Might be why my i hate them so much. I only saw one incident at the game between a rabbit fan and a yote fan. It was an elderly yote fan vs a good size younger jack fan. Had the rumble happened, we would have won that one too. Fortunately the Jack fan bought the yote fan a beer and they shook hands at half time. This actually happened in the mens semi finals. I think the cause was too much beer and too much mouth.
        I chortled.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I have one complaint about the tourney. We sit in the front row of our section with the handicap section in front of us. The whole tourney there were yote fans sitting in the handicap section with nobody in their group, handicapped. We talked to a security guy and he said as long as one person is handicapped, anyone can buy the whole row of handicap seats. He said somebody bought all of them for the 2 years. I think its wrong that that can happen when there are elderly people or handicap people that actually need to sit there. Now during the tourney there was 2 elderly jack fans sitting there and also 2 bison fans, one in a wheelchair sitting there. When the 4 guys from usd would show up, they would give them a dirty look because they had their seats. Its total BS in my opinion.
          You aren't wrong.... I'm not up to date on the Americans Disability Act, or what the facilities policy is on the whole situation, so I don't want to say it was illegal or wrong, as it might just be a loophole.

Comment

I’ll just say this, not all disabilities are physical. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              I’ll just say this, not all disabilities are physical. Lol.
              Very good point.

Comment

Based on your description, you weren't referring to me. But here is my situation. My wife can only walk short distances with the aid of a cane. We bring her in a wheel chair where there is considerable distance to be transversed like the Premier Center. So I buy two seats in the ADA section as stairs to other seats are very hard for her. She attends the Jacks games but not the others so when I come to those alone, I set in the ADA section without her because that is the where I have a ticket. I occasionally get a questioning look or am ask to show my ticket. Every situation is different and what you see isn't always what you think. I will have to admit the ADA seats have a pretty good sight line. By the way, a record I am proud of is that i have been at all of the 52 games the Jacks have played in the Summit League tournament and my wife has been at probably 45 of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                  Based on your description, you weren't referring to me. But here is my situation. My wife can only walk short distances with the aid of a cane. We bring her in a wheel chair where there is considerable distance to be transversed like the Premier Center. So I buy two seats in the ADA section as stairs to other seats are very hard for her. She attends the Jacks games but not the others so when I come to those alone, I set in the ADA section without her because that is the where I have a ticket. I occasionally get a questioning look or am ask to show my ticket. Every situation is different and what you see isn't always what you think. I will have to admit the ADA seats have a pretty good sight line.
                  I dont have a problem with that. I have a problem with 4-6 guys sitting there, drinking beer all weekend and mon and tue, from the south.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                    ...By the way, a record I am proud of is that i have been at all of the 52 games the Jacks have played in the Summit League tournament and my wife has been at probably 45 of those.
                    Not bad...but top this: my wife and I have attended every Summit League Tourney since it first came to Sioux Falls AND we have attended at least a part of every game of every Sioux Falls SL Tourney with two exceptions (we missed the Sunday afternoon games this year). [I admit, for some non-SDSU games, to having read newspapers, novels, some work-related materials, and taking naps and not paying great attention to every game because I'm talking to other fans.] We've enjoyed every tourney.

Comment

I dont have a problem with that. I have a problem with 4-6 guys sitting there, drinking beer all weekend and mon and tue, from the south.
                      Agreed.

Most of the USD fans I saw were good fans, cheering on their team. But their fan base certainly has its share of tools. The arrogance of some is amazing and I was proud of the restraint of the Jacks fans sitting near the bad ones in red for not allowing some situations to escalate. Some of those situations were pretty funny. For example, during the women's title game, a ref called a foul on SDSU and the call was clearly wrong. The replay on the big screen showed undisputably the call was wrong. A USD guy who complained about every foul called on USD, turned around in his seat and yelled at all SDSU fans within earshot "There, now you see what we have to deal with all the time." And he was clearly irritated -- was not trying to be funny. Well, it was hilarious. His proclamation did two things: (1) it established that he, too, thought the call against SDSU was BS, and (2) it showed how the red fan, like apparently many others, thought "everyone is out to screw USD at the SL Tourney" [remember the USD fan's comment last year -- "Even God hates USD"]
                      Last edited by JackJD; 03-07-2018, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                        I really want to see Smith stay at USD for at least another year. He is good for the league, as is TJ. Both seem to be good guys, who recruit well and can flat out coach. The league is better the longer we can keep the two around.
                        Completely agree. If this league is ever going to become a 2-bid league, we absolutely need more coaches like Smith to stick around.

While the league is a respectable #17 out of 32 leagues in RPI, there is a huge drop-off after SDSU/USD in the rankings.

#41 - SDSU
                        #92 - USD
                        #209 - IPFW
                        #210 - NDSU
                        #227 - DU
                        #255 - ORU
                        #282 - UNO
                        #301 - WIU

I think USD is here to stay. They have a new arena and a solid AD, and have proven with recent head coach hires in women's basketball and football that there is a solid foundation in place.

I think Denver and ORU have potential with their young coaches, but I'm not convinced any of the others in the league are in position to significantly improve next year.

I think Richman is in over his head at NDSU. He loses his two best players in Miller and Jacobson, and based on the remaining talent I saw on the team, I think they could be a 300 RPI team next year. I was shocked at how little size and athleticism there was on the team other than Geu, and for whatever reason, he was limited to playing 15-20 minutes a game.

IPFW could struggle in losing their leading scorer in Scott, and they underachieved this year already with having him and Konchar. Where are they going to be after next year when Konchar is gone?

UNO has potential with a new arena and a large metro to attract recruits. But they are low on the pecking order after Creighton and Nebraska, and I wonder if they can overcome that.

WIU I think will always bounce between #200-#300. Just don't have the resources or the fan base to put out what's necessary to fund the program.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          Agreed.

Most of the USD fans I saw were good fans, cheering on their team. But their fan base certainly has its share of tools. The arrogance of some is amazing and I was proud of the restraint of the Jacks fans sitting near the bad ones in red for not allowing some situations to escalate. Some of those situations were pretty funny. For example, during the women's title game, a ref called a foul on SDSU and the call was clearly wrong. The replay on the big screen showed undisputably the call was wrong. A USD guy who complained about every foul called on USD, turned around in his seat and yelled at all SDSU within earshot "There, now you see what we have to deal with all the time." And he was clearly irritated -- was not trying to be funny. Well, it was hilarious. His proclamation did two things: (1) it established that he, too, thought the call against SDSU was BS, and (2) it showed how the red fan, like apparently many others, think "everyone is out to screw USD at the SL Tourney" [remember the USD fan's comment last year -- Even God hates USD]
                          I’m certain our fan base also has its share of tools.

Comment

I think Jacks02 is right.

And so is Montana Rabbit. Every fan base has its tools. It's important to remember that one cannot trash an entire fanbase just because of the tools.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              I think Jacks02 is right.

And so is Montana Rabbit. Every fan base has its tools. It's important to remember that one cannot trash an entire fanbase just because of the tools.
                              Unless they are Green or Red

Comment

Every fan base has its tools, yes. But not all tool's are created equally.

My issue with USD fans isnt their ass****'s at some games. My issue stems from the fact that their students, alumni, and entire fan base are just saturated in apathty. It's like the glue that holds them all together. They don't care about much else besides beating SDSU. And if there isn't much of a chance of that happening, you won't hear much at all from them. They will talk **** and act superior the second they have something to talk about, but they'll slink away when the going gets tough. They are jealous of us, and now they've followed the bison into conspiracy land on the cramps, the officiating at games, the unfair nature of the summit, etc. The only thing louder than their indifference for all but five days a year is their whining about the unfair breaks they think we get. They've had their hopes and dreams crushed so many times now, they've started to cast blame at the universe, , the Argus, the NCAA officating, etc., just so they don't have to face the reality that they haven't beaten us in football for 17 years, that it's been 6 straight in DI, they haven't won in Brookings for men's BB since Christ was a kid, and that despite their best year in DI for men's BB, we still outnumbered them 4 to 1 in fans at the conference tournament.

They exist to "hate state", and they cry about their inferiority that is no one's fault but their own, and Jim Abbott's, circa 2004.

They're pathetic as a fanbase.

Comment

Working...
                                X