GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes SLT (W) Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes SLT (W) Championship

Great crowd considering the weather. Obviously having both schools in the championship tilt made a difference.

2017 Championship game attendance: 2,005
    2018 Championship game attendance: 8,704

Comment

Old adage, but still holds true - defense wins championships.

USD field goal percentage: 28.3%
      USD 3 point percentage: 20%
      Rebounds: SDSU - 38, USD - 23
      USD did have an advantage in steals 13 to 5. (If the Jackrabbits get careless with the ball in the NCAA's, it will be a short dance.)

Comment

Yes, it turns out we can play a little defense too. Maybe the team got tired of hearing how good USD’s defense is and decided to put on a little demonstration in front of a few thousand friends.

Finally things are back on track and they have a shot to do something really big. Well done.

Comment

Women's tournament attendance up nearly 6,000 from last year.

Quarters 1: 8,944
          Quarters 2: 2,982
          Semifinals: 6,424
          Finals: 8,704
          Total: 27,054

2017 total attendance was 21,092.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            As long as we weren't an 8/9 in UConn's region I'd be okay with it. Part of me also would like to see how we would compete against the Huskies.

I just looked at the Bracketology again, FGCU is an 11, so who knows...Maybe they'd slide SDSU to a 6?
            I love me my Jackrabbits, but could tell you with.....hmm....average to above average confidence, there would not be much competing going on in that game.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              I love me my Jackrabbits, but could tell you with.....hmm....average to above average confidence, there would not be much competing going on in that game.
              These women wouldn't quit. They may not win, but they will always compete.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

On the light side, I think the best quip of the day came from Clay Matvick , the play-by-play announcer for the game, on the play where Tagyn drove to the bucket, but before she took her 2 steps she took a hop, and Clay quipped, "and that's going to be a travel, as Tagyn Larson hopped with that basketball, they are the Jackrabbits but you can't hop with it". I had to laugh. It's at the 19:30 mark in the ESPN replay in case you missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                  Women's tournament attendance up nearly 6,000 from last year.

Quarters 1: 8,944
                  Quarters 2: 2,982
                  Semifinals: 6,424
                  Finals: 8,704
                  Total: 27,054

2017 total attendance was 21,092.
                  I have no doubt the Semi-finals would have been higher as well if they hadn’t been played in the middle of a blizzard. Great turnout considering the weather didn’t cooperate. Next year looks like more SD dominance for both men’s and women’s teams, so could push the numbers even higher.

Comment

Was it just me or did Aaron send the girls to the electric beach after the WI win?

Comment

I don't think that going undefeated in the Summit and having a 20 game win streak worked in the Yotes favor. They seemed tight right from the beginning, and never really got into an offensive flow.

Comment

Originally posted by roemmelt View Post
                        Was it just me or did Aaron send the girls to the electric beach after the WI win?
                        Am I the only one that doesn't know what being sent to the electric beach means?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Am I the only one that doesn't know what being sent to the electric beach means?
                          I'd assume it means a tanning salon.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                            And I'm assuming WI means Western Illinois and not Wisconsin......

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                              dumb me...thought it was inside joke to mean the heated whirlpool they have (they have one right?)

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                And I'm assuming WI means Western Illinois and not Wisconsin......
                                I got this one...it was the semi- final gm (game) we had with "Western Illinois" Guess what movie I'm watching today on TV (re-air)....Nat.'l Treasure ....this thread is kind of like the movie what with all the deciphering and all....lol

I get it they will all want to look their best on National TV in the coming NCAA Tournament. A very thoughtful coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X