GDT: Jackrabbits vs Leathernecks @ SLT Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Leathernecks @ SLT Round 2

Emily Clemens shot 12-13 from the field against Omaha. She had 8 steals. Higginbotham shot 10-18 from the field. The team shot over 57% for the game and 13-15 from the free throw line. They had 19 assists where they could close their eyes, throw the ball, and score an assist. WIU is pretty good and Omaha is pretty bad. SDSU is no Omaha Maverick. Omaha was the scrimmage game that has no relevance for the next game. The Jackrabbits will present an entirely different athlete. The Leathernecks scored more points against the Mavs than they scored in 2 games earlier against he Jackrabbits. They likely will score somewhere in the middle of those totals in the next game. It is also likely that it will not be enough to defeat the Jackrabbits. Defense will not be optional for the Jackrabbits as they advance to the final on Tuesday. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Leathernecks @ SLT Round 2

Clemens must of got her shot practically any time she wanted it against the Mav's, I don't think the Jacks will be so obliging to her and her teammates. Just two more hurdles in the way, I expect the intensity and focus will remain high to close out the tournament as Champions. It has been a good season, time to end it on a high note.

It should get crazy loud at the Denny as it should be packed, and as the games get more competitive. This is what it's all about, a fun and exciting day for all.GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Clemens must of got her shot practically any time she wanted it against the Mav's, I don't think the Jacks will be so obliging to her and her teammates. Just two more hurdles in the way, I expect the intensity and focus will remain high to close out the tournament as Champions. It has been a good season, time to end it on a high note.

It should get crazy loud at the Denny as it should be packed, and as the games get more competitive. This is what it's all about, a fun and exciting day for all.GBGBGJ
      I hope you are right. Clemens looked unstoppable yesterday and SDSU can not afford any sloppy ball handling. Why spot WIU easy points?

Comment

I didn't see the WIU game, but I would guess that many of those Clemens points came when she got out in transition. The Jacks did a good job of limiting that in the two regular season games. If you slow them down and make them run their half-court offense, the outcome will be good for the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I didn't see the WIU game, but I would guess that many of those Clemens points came when she got out in transition. The Jacks did a good job of limiting that in the two regular season games. If you slow them down and make them run their half-court offense, the outcome will be good for the Jacks.
          I did and found out who Clemens was and why other fans were talking. On the other hand missed both regular season games.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            I re-watched the Louisville game,yes we got some transition buckets, but the majority of the game was 1/2 court offense. If we do the same to W.Ill ,given how we taxed Louisville to the limit, I'm guessing we can handle the W.Ill 1/2 court offense. Lexi Alexander is so underrated with her defense on these quick PG's ,I think she'll hold Clemens in check pretty good.She's pretty good on offense handling the ball too,she has already put two P-5 pg's on their Keister in her career, one from Arkansas and one from Louisville(without touching them, just her quick move...aka "breaking their ankles").She's a delight to watch play, just like Macy, Maddie ,Ellie ,all the Jacks are from time to time.

Comment

Women looking good up 53-24 at half. Guebert went down with an ankle/knee right before half. Hope she's ok. No weight on it coming off court but did walk out on her own at half.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                Women looking good up 53-24 at half. Guebert went down with an ankle/knee right before half. Hope she's ok.
                From what the radio guys were saying, it didn't seem good. Something about not being able to put weight on it.... Anyone who saw it on TV or live have an opinion?

Comment

Hopefully we can rest her the rest of the game assuming this holds up.

Comment

She is back out in warm-up walking around. Little bit of a limp.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                      She is back out in warm-up walking around. Little bit of a limp.
                      Nice! Thanks for the update!

Comment

And she is starting the second half on the court.

Comment

She's one tough cookie,hope she doesn't over do it though,we need her tomorrow it's looking so far anyway.

Comment

I'm sure she just had a cramp.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                              I'm sure she just had a cramp.
                              I think so, she did not mention it in the Midco interview and the announcer did not ask.

Comment

Working...
                              X