Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Leathernecks @ SLT Round 1

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Key was the key.... Without him stepping up Jenkins may have missed 30 shots. He fired up the crowd too. Sure has come a long way from the high speed turnover days!

Hopefully this was a wake up call for the whole team. That won’t work Monday.
    Good thing we didn't send him packing 6 weeks ago because of his bad posture on the bench.

Comment

The first 30 minutes sure looked a lot like the Missouri state game from the pentagon. That was a rough first game for sure. western was the only team we could play like that and win.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Glad we got our clunker out of the way (and won) in the quarters rather than the semis or finals.

I seem to recall three years ago when we looked unstoppable in the first two rounds only to play flat in the championship game.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Jenkins and Telly going a combined 3-21 hopefully was a one time thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Good thing we didn't send him packing 6 weeks ago because of his bad posture on the bench.
            Yes and he seemed to be the only one ignored by the WIU defense. Telly and Jenkins had plenty of coverage, but wee Key slip right through and got "as close as you need to be" lay ups.

Comment

Jenkins and Telly going a combined 3-21 hopefully was a one time thing.
              I think we are going to need 15-20 from Jenkins if we are going to win this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Glad we got our clunker out of the way (and won) in the quarters rather than the semis or finals.

I seem to recall three years ago when we looked unstoppable in the first two rounds only to play flat in the championship game.
                Yep and two years ago, our first two round games against ORU and Denver were about as bad as we played. I have learned that winning is the only thing that matters this time of year, doesn't matter how you look doing it.

Comment

I agree, it’s going to be Jenkins or bust as far as winning this tournament - especially if it involves beating USD.

On an unrelated note, you know how mid-major freshmen are typically skinny or a little soft (ala Daum 3 yrs ago)? Check out Dillon during warmups Monday. He would not look out of place on an NBA floor. I hope he has the skills to match.

Comment

The conspiracy theory begins. "There is no wasy the summit league refs were going to let SDSU lose in the first round". I can only shake my head with comments like that. Along with the three usd guys sitting in front of us in the handicap section( their only handicap was the red color they were wearing) that were constanting calling travel on Daum and fouls on Daum. Then there were the USD band members sitting next to the Western band cheering loudly for Western. So many readons to hate them

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      The conspiracy theory begins. "There is no wasy the summit league refs were going to let SDSU lose in the first round". I can only shake my head with comments like that. Along with the three usd guys sitting in front of us in the handicap section( their only handicap was the red color they were wearing) that were constanting calling travel on Daum and fouls on Daum. Then there were the USD band members sitting next to the Western band cheering loudly for Western. So many readons to hate them
                      I watched some of the WIU replay. The refs were generally not calling too close, but there were a few phantom calls. Gilbeck giving Lane a push may have been culmination of Gilbeck's chippy play overall. If you go back to Lane tying up on double team, Gilbeck was not happy about the jump ball as he helped Lane to the floor and walked over him. Gilbeck is a good player who has played more physical and he may have got a cheap foul, but if you do not want cheap fouls you should not get into the situation. Coach got the technical due to some language since it was very quick.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        I watched some of the WIU replay. The refs were generally not calling too close, but there were a few phantom calls. Gilbeck giving Lane a push may have been culmination of Gilbeck's chippy play overall. If you go back to Lane tying up on double team, Gilbeck was not happy about the jump ball as he helped Lane to the floor and walked over him. Gilbeck is a good player who has played more physical and he may have got a cheap foul, but if you do not want cheap fouls you should not get into the situation. Coach got the technical due to some language since it was very quick.
                        Gilbeck didn't get many breaks from officials since he seems to think that he never committed a foul in his life. It was fitting that he ended his career with that chippy shove of Daum with a second or two left.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          I agree, it’s going to be Jenkins or bust as far as winning this tournament - especially if it involves beating USD.

On an unrelated note, you know how mid-major freshmen are typically skinny or a little soft (ala Daum 3 yrs ago)? Check out Dillon during warmups Monday. He would not look out of place on an NBA floor. I hope he has the skills to match.
                          One of the fun parts of the tournament is getting to see the redshirts in uniform during warmups. I agree that Dillon passes the eye test. An off-season of weight work should help him add a few lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Zimmer tweeted that Gilbeck was warned about pushing on rebounds right before that foul.
                            Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 03-04-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Survive & advance. That was a hard watch. I think that game speaks volumes about Mike's greatness. It felt to me like he had a good game. He had more than a good game. He had a great game and saved State yet again at the SLT. Supporting cast please be a part of the equation Monday night.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

It was fitting that he ended his career with that chippy shove of Daum with a second or two left.
                                I guess we get to watch Gilbeck raise his hands in the air and say "who me ?" for one more season. I thought he was a senior.

Comment

Working...
                                X