2018 Summit League Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Summit League Tournament

Denver blew double digit lead. Down 3 and Rosga hits a 3 with 5 seconds left to send to overtime.

Comment

Denver holds on in OT. Hopefully they can get hot from deep tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Denver holds on in OT. Hopefully they can get hot from deep tomorrow night.
        I will be pulling for Denver. They are a very good team. Other than Omigo, not too much height. Rosga continues to be good player.

Comment

I like Jay Elsen but I literally can’t stand listening to Kelly Stewart call these games. It’s just constant mumbling.

I really hope she doesn’t do the SDSU women’s game today.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            I like Jay Elsen but I literally can’t stand listening to Kelly Stewart call these games. It’s just constant mumbling.

I don't know if Midco doesn't have the staff or if they are just trying to make her the face of the channel, but it seems she's involved with about 95% of their live programming.
            Last edited by SoDakJack; 03-05-2018, 05:13 PM. Reason: Kiddo to Midco
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Maybe Brad knows-it-all will do it,hope he can put away his obvious bias and call a game in an unbiased manner beneficial to all that have to listen to him. That aside, I agree that Kelly Stewart's style of commentary gets a little old after awhile ,but that's why they have two instead of one announcing as a team I guess. Thank God for Tom Nieman to counter Newitt and give a different perspective to the action on the court, keeps him (Newit) in check somewhat.

Comment

I just listened to Dawn Plitzuweit in the post game interview after a hard fought (thanks ORU) game against the Golden Eagles. Everyone seems to emphasize getting "stops " when behind. Isn't that a priority the whole game, but I get it that it's crucial when you fall behind. But, getting "stops" without scoring to cut the deficit doesn't accomplish anything, you need both stops and a score to make a come back. No one ever mentions that, it's just getting "stops". That's why after getting the stop , teams throw it all away by running down the court and throwing up a very poor,quick shot. Getting stops is only 1/2 of the equation.I really digress, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Maybe Brad knows-it-all will do it,hope he can put away his obvious bias and call a game in an unbiased manner beneficial to all that have to listen to him. That aside, I agree that Kelly Stewart's style of commentary gets a little old after awhile ,but that's why they have two instead of one announcing as a team I guess. Thank God for Tom Nieman to counter Newitt and give a different perspective to the action on the court, keeps him (Newit) in check somewhat.
                  I just Knewitt is driving me nuts as I type. There something arrogant about his delivery. Yes I think he teaching a math class and lost me in the first five minutes. With Kelly, Once a Yote always a Yote. I love her pretty face. I am old enough to be great grandfather so I better think of her in that manner.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I actually think Newitt does a great job. I also like Stemen. Stemen and the other guy were very bias last night during the NDSU game, but that doesn’t matter as much to me. I expect a little bit of it. They’re no Bill Walton of course.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Aside from her man hands, Kelly Stewart is hot. I hadn't noticed her mumbling, but will have to pay more attention.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                        Aside from her man hands, Kelly Stewart is hot. I hadn't noticed her mumbling, but will have to pay more attention.
                        Being a mass communication major in college and spending almost a decade in radio, her voice inflections are what bother me the most. Followed by her awkward stares into the camera when talking to someone next to her.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          I don't know if Midco doesn't have the staff or if they are just trying to make her the face of the channel, but it seems she's involved with about 95% of their live programming.
                          Yes, they are trying to make her the face of the channel. Having a former USD player to be able to be their main women's basketball expert is huge for them. Also, the point made in the post 2 posts before this one doesn't hurt either.
                          Last edited by CappinHard; 03-05-2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            Being a mass communication major in college and spending almost a decade in radio, her voice inflections are what bother me the most. Followed by her awkward stares into the camera when talking to someone next to her.
                            Voice inflections. That’s another. The worst is the football midco guy from SDSU. It’s complete fake excitement when it’s not needed.

Comment

Voice inflections. That’s another. The worst is the football midco guy from SDSU. It’s complete fake excitement when it’s not needed.
                              Have you listened to our women’s basketball radio guys?

Comment

The Jacks were dialed in today - both teams. I expected two relatively tense games and they just dropped the hammer. Decent crowd too - considering that all the interstates ended up closed and all. Hopefully this storm clears out by noon so we can fill it up. This is almost definitely the best overall set of four teams to take the court on the final day since the tourney moved to Sioux Falls.

Comment

Working...
                                X