2018 Summit League Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Summit League Tournament

After the legal issues are solved, there are still some games to be played in basketball at the Sanford Premier Center which is often referred to as the Denny. The Argus has an insert in today's paper. Hopefully one of these links will allow those interested to read Collision Course article and others.

http://argusleader.sd.newsmemory.com...aid_subscriber&

https://www.argusleader.com/sports/
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: 2018 Summit League Tournament

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    After the legal issues are solved, there are still some games to be played in basketball at the Sanford Premier Center which is often referred to as the Denny. The Argus has an insert in today's paper. Hopefully one of these links will allow those interested to read Collision Course article and others.

http://argusleader.sd.newsmemory.com...aid_subscriber&

https://www.argusleader.com/sports/
    Agree that is time to shift the focus. Two days before what is arguably the biggest athletic event of the year for SDSU and 98 % of the traffic here are posts trying to out-do each other with attempts at poking fun at a serious situation. Time to put the Stig situation on the back burner and concentrate on what's ahead.

Comment

On the men's side, the 1 seed or the 2 seed have won the tournament 22 of the last 24 years. 7 of the past 9 years the winner of the SLT has had Dakota in the team name. Even with an upset somewhere, it is likely Dakota will be in the name of the champion this year.

The women's 1 and 2 seed have prevailed in 16 of 25 years. 1 of every 3 years on average a lower seed has won. All but once it was the 3 or 4 seed. Also, 8 of the past 9 tourneys a South Dakota team has won. The women are like the men where even one upset should not keep a Dakota school from winning the SLT.

Saturday has the look that could push the attendance record for a first round session for men and women. It should be a good weather day to push the number as well.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        On the men's side, the 1 seed or the 2 seed have won the tournament 22 of the last 24 years. 7 of the past 9 years the winner of the SLT has had Dakota in the team name. Even with an upset somewhere, it is likely Dakota will be in the name of the champion this year.

The women's 1 and 2 seed have prevailed in 16 of 25 years. 1 of every 3 years on average a lower seed has won. All but once it was the 3 or 4 seed. Also, 8 of the past 9 tourneys a South Dakota team has won. The women are like the men where even one upset should not keep a Dakota school from winning the SLT.

Saturday has the look that could push the attendance record for a first round session for men and women. It should be a good weather day to push the number as well.
        My favorite event of the year by far!

Comment

Tournament nerves for the new guys always scares me a little the first game. But just going off memory, we probably have as much or more tournament experience on this team than any other team in the past. I think saturday will go well for both teams.

Already getting nervous about monday though. Don't like playing either FW or NDSU.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Tournament nerves for the new guys always scares me a little the first game. But just going off memory, we probably have as much or more tournament experience on this team than any other team in the past. I think saturday will go well for both teams.

Already getting nervous about monday though. Don't like playing either FW or NDSU.
            If only looking at a team that has been playing better going into the SLT, Denver is likely a big concern for the Yotes if they box up the Mavs in round 1. Mastodons ought to punch out the bison. Bison are not likely to show much resistance if they continue playing as they have recently with only a win over Omaha in the last 7 conference games. Jackrabbits will need to get a fast start against Leathernecks to illustrate the pace for the SLT. This is a talented Jackrabbit team which should keep focused for every game.

Comment

The best four days in SD sports.... It seems like the local networks have given the tournament more hype than usual for three days prior to the tournament. KELO in particular, who seems to have done multiple pieces featuring the floor being assembled. I've heard several officials note that Saturday ticket sales are ahead of past years as well. I hope that's right.

Normally and back-and-forth guy, I've made overnight arrangements for Sunday and Monday in case that snowstorm develops. Watching this thing on TV just won't do.

EDIT: Ticketmaster currently shows only 191 tickets still available to buy for Saturday night.

Comment

http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... --underdog

Leathernecks still thinking about defending SLT.

http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... -to-repeat

and the MBB WIU nearly knocked off the yotes last year
                http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... sfeed=true

http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... e-vs-jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  The best four days in SD sports.... It seems like the local networks have given the tournament more hype than usual for three days prior to the tournament. KELO in particular, who seems to have done multiple pieces featuring the floor being assembled. I've heard several officials note that Saturday ticket sales are ahead of past years as well. I hope that's right.

Normally and back-and-forth guy, I've made overnight arrangements for Sunday and Monday in case that snowstorm develops. Watching this thing on TV just won't do.

EDIT: Ticketmaster currently shows only 191 tickets still available to buy for Saturday night.
                  They haven’t opened up all of the seats (upper rows of 207-213).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    They haven’t opened up all of the seats (upper rows of 207-213).
                    I see that now. It won't be long before they do. About 120 of the 191 I mentioned earlier have sold in the last few hours. Should be a fun night.

Comment

I can’t seem to find any available tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak View Post
                        I can’t seem to find any available tickets.
                        Fort Wayne women can't seem to find the bucket. Down 43 to 11 at the half. FW has more turnovers (12) than points. Shooting 5 of 23. Uff. Da.

USD is 11 of 19 from downtown.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

USD hammering the Lady Dons by 30, no surprise there. The Bison are a much better team than the Mastadons are in my opinion, they have players good enough on the team to score against a tough defense, Ft Wayne really struggles with that.

Comment

FW WBB = Centenary

Comment

Tylee was a great spark for us in the first half and I loved the way Palmer put the game away down the stretch.

Comment

Working...
                              X