Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Summit League Tournament

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Have you listened to our women’s basketball radio guys?
    Ha great point.

I shouldn’t be complaining. Midco does a great job.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The Summit men and women are both represented by the USD & SDSU among the top ten of the mid major top 25. That should reinforce the notion that some good basketball is going on here. Before we lost IUPUI, Oakland, and UMKC it was unlikely 2 teams found those rankings. The competitive nature of these teams may also support the larger crowds for the tournament. It was another entertaining series of basketball games for me. If you were only able to watch on TV, you are missing a large sector of the fun of the tournament.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I've heard a lot of other schools fans complaining about the tournament being in Sioux Falls again. Especially NDSU, and amazingly enough, USD fans. To get an idea of how special the SLT is in Sioux Falls, see the article below about the CUSA tournament. They have moved it to, what can only be described as, AAU courts, two games going on at once with a curtain splitting the courts. To make matters worse for their student athletes, the first two rounds are not broadcast, instead you can watch feeds on Facebook or Twitter. The Summit League Tournament is a big deal, a very big deal.

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/a...simultaneously

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
          I've heard a lot of other schools fans complaining about the tournament being in Sioux Falls again. Especially NDSU, and amazingly enough, USD fans. To get an idea of how special the SLT is in Sioux Falls, see the article below about the CUSA tournament. They have moved it to, what can only be described as, AAU courts, two games going on at once with a curtain splitting the courts. To make matters worse for their student athletes, the first two rounds are not broadcast, instead you can watch feeds on Facebook or Twitter. The Summit League Tournament is a big deal, a very big deal.

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/a...simultaneously
          What kind of 6th grade tournament crap is this? I would rather play on campus sites before doing that. Way to make your conference look small time.

Comment

Divide your already small crowd in half.Good logic....not.

Comment

Since the tournament has been in Sioux Falls the following seeds have won on the Men’s side:
              - Six, No.1 seeds
              - Three, No.2 seeds
              - One, No.4 seed (2017 SDSU came from way behind in semis against USD; beat No.3 seed UNO in finals; No.2 seed NDSU lost in first round)

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Since the tournament has been in Sioux Falls the following seeds have won on the Men’s side:
                - Six, No.1 seeds
                - Three, No.2 seeds
                - One, No.4 seed (2017 SDSU came from way behind in semis against USD; beat No.3 seed UNO in finals; No.2 seed NDSU lost in first round)
                So you might be saying that a good conference performance could result in more success at the conference tournament.??!!% It also leads to the statement that all we need is to change our stripes and have 3 good games at the SLT and go dancing. It will also show the same trend the 15 years(14-1 TOP 2 SEEDS) before Sioux Falls which has a strong incidence of more successful seasons can translate into more success at the tournament. Now I understand the argument for moving the site from Sioux Falls.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Has anyone heard if they are going to reseat the tourney after next year? According to a yote fan, a "reliable source" told him they will be. I guess its because of UND coming into the conference. Jack fans have made this tournament a success. I will buy all session tickets whether i sit in the lower or upper. And there will still be more blue than red. If it does change, will usd be allowed to buy up a whole section for their fans? Shouldnt be able to. Let the yote fans buy like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    Has anyone heard if they are going to reseat the tourney after next year? According to a yote fan, a "reliable source" told him they will be. I guess its because of UND coming into the conference. Jack fans have made this tournament a success. I will buy all session tickets whether i sit in the lower or upper. And there will still be more blue than red. If it does change, will usd be allowed to buy up a whole section for their fans? Shouldnt be able to. Let the yote fans buy like the rest of us.
                    What I have a problem with is there are a lot of really good seats that don't get used every game. We get all session passes and are pretty much at every game the entire length. but when there are prime seats and only used when SDSU or USD play that really grinds my gears when they are empty the rest of the games.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't see how they can do this. The people on the 2-year program right now, which is what we are on and I think alot of the prime seat people are, already have their seats locked in for 2019. We purchased 2018 & 2019 seats back in Jan. of 2017. I talked to the SF Sports Authority head guy (Bryan Miller) a couple of weeks before the 2018 tourney regarding 2020 & 2021. He said they are going to send out renewals for those years here in the next month. He said nothing about a reseat or anything like that. When they opened up more all-sessions passes for 2018 a couple of months ago, there wasn't much available in the lower bowl except a few seats in the corners. Also, they started selling all-session passes just for 2019 at 9AM the morning of Sat, Mar. 3, 2018. The first day of 2018's tourney.

With all that...I'd give it about a -5% chance of some re-seat happening. Tell that Yote fan they are "f'd in the A" :-)

Comment

I know people that bought another two years worth of seats at this years Summit Tourney so I doubt the "reliable source". Get online and buy them up. Many of the empty seats in the lower bowl tend to be corporate seats that only seem to get used when it's a "big game".

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          I don't see how they can do this. The people on the 2-year program right now, which is what we are on and I think alot of the prime seat people are, already have their seats locked in for 2019. We purchased 2018 & 2019 seats back in Jan. of 2017. I talked to the SF Sports Authority head guy (Bryan Miller) a couple of weeks before the 2018 tourney regarding 2020 & 2021. He said they are going to send out renewals for those years here in the next month. He said nothing about a reseat or anything like that. When they opened up more all-sessions passes for 2018 a couple of months ago, there wasn't much available in the lower bowl except a few seats in the corners. Also, they started selling all-session passes just for 2019 at 9AM the morning of Sat, Mar. 3, 2018. The first day of 2018's tourney.

With all that...I'd give it about a -5% chance of some re-seat happening. Tell that Yote fan they are "f'd in the A" :-)

I believe you more than i would believe a usd person. If you talked to Bryan then your "reliable source" is more reliable than the yote fans have. BTW, Bryan Miller is a great guy to deal with if you have any problems with tickets. I hope they realize who has made this tourney a success. And like Goon, we go to all the games whether we are playing or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit97 View Post
                            I know people that bought another two years worth of seats at this years Summit Tourney so I doubt the "reliable source". Get online and buy them up. Many of the empty seats in the lower bowl tend to be corporate seats that only seem to get used when it's a "big game".
                            the yote fan is saying after 2019 they will reseat. So the 2020-2021 tourneys. But i doubt its true.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              What I have a problem with is there are a lot of really good seats that don't get used every game. We get all session passes and are pretty much at every game the entire length. but when there are prime seats and only used when SDSU or USD play that really grinds my gears when they are empty the rest of the games.
                              I think the same thing in Frost when we buy single game reserved tickets and the only ones available are upstairs on the ends. And when at the game there are all kinds of empty seats in the center sections and in the lower sections on the bench and scorers table side.

Comment

the yote fan is saying after 2019 they will reseat. So the 2020-2021 tourneys. But i doubt its true.
                                Even if they do, will it matter. Results will probably be the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X